Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 5 Apr 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goofy71
slightly serious Dibber

Loving the report thank you

Whats with the cinnamon haters, its the best spice i love it
Goofy71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
On our way in...
Unread 5 Apr 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 7 - CBR, Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom

Not quite ready to write up all of today yet, but thought I'd make a start whilst everyone is showering. We've spent the day at the pool and are getting ready to head to Disney Springs later for dinner.

For breakfast today Andy and I fancied something cooked, but the kids wanted to stay in bed a bit longer, so we headed out on our own. The result was:
Me - Western omelette with no ham, breakfast potatoes and I swapped my drink for a pain au chocolat for Izzy.
Andy - Western omelette with breakfast potatoes and he swapped his drink for a chocolate muffin for Brodie.
Izzy: Cheerios and pain au chocolat.
Brodie: Cheerios and chocolate muffin.
We used our resort mugs for drinks.

The western omelette includes ham, onions, green peppers and cheese, but I'm a bit fussy about ham, so had mine without it. These were freshly made to order, so nice and hot. The cheese was a bit flavourless, but otherwise, it was very tasty. I do like the breakfast potatoes that they serve up here, and long with the omelette, they make a filling breakfast.

We had lunch at the pool, so we didn't have any phones or cameras with us as we don't like to leave valuables unattended. So, I've had to rely on google images for some of these. None of us wanted a full meal, but just something to fill a gap and tide us over until dinner. So, we ordered:
Me and Andy: Spicy chicken wrap with homemade jerk chips (crisps). We used our resort mugs and swapped the drink out for a Mickey chocolate cupcake (I could only find a photo of the plain cupcake, so just imagine it as chocolate).
Izzy and Brodie: Plain burger for Brodie with fries for Izzy. The drink was swapped out for a chocolate chip cookie for Brodie.

The wrap was really tasty. Freshly made with chicken breast that wasn't dry this time, loads of rocket a a tangy mayo dressing. The jerk chips on the other hand went in the bin. I was expecting them to have jerk seasoning on them, but they were plain and bland. The kids enjoyed their shared meal of burger and fries. The cookie got the thumbs up as usual from Brodie. Izzy had wanted a chocolate muffin, but there weren't any left so I picked up a chocolate Mickey cupcake instead. The ears were made from Oreo cookies which went down well. The frosting was a bit sickly, so she scraped that off and ate the cake which was moist and chocolatey

We're planning to try Blaze and D-Luxe Burger for dinner, so will update once we're back from MK tonight

Update: So, dinner was at Blaze and D-Luxe Burger. These places are right next to each other at Disney Springs which is really handy for us as Izzy doesn't eat pizza. We stopped in at D-Luxe Burger first and ordered Izzy's meal to go. Here you only get the burger and a drink for a QS credit. If you want fries, then you need to use a snack credit, so that's exactly what we did. We then went over to Blaze to order food for the rest of us. I've heard good things about Blaze, and also that they have a salad option which I was really looking forward to. However, the CM told me that only the pizza was included in the QSDP, so I couldn't order salad Undeterred, I ordered 3 pizzas and added lots of lovely veggies to mine too. So dinner for all of us was:
Izzy: Hamburger and fries (they cook the burgers here medium, but I asked for well done for Izzy. Although she loves a medium rare steak, undercooked mince isn't something she fancies at all).
Me: Create your own pizza with red sauce, shredded mozzarella, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, spinach, onions, mushrooms, red and green peppers.
Andy: Create your own pizza with red sauce, shredded mozzarella, meatballs, Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions, red and green peppers.
Brodie: Simple cheese and tomato pizza.

The pizzas were delicious and I was particularly happy with all the veggies on mine. 2 would have been enough between the 3 of us though, so I'll remember that for next time. Izzy found her burger really filling and didn't touch the fries, so we'll save a snack credit and not bother with them next time. Andy and I tried some and they were tasty - we like the skins on them. Izzy said the burger was good, but not the best she's had on holiday, although she couldn't pinpoint which one was.

We spent the evening in Magic Kingdom and grabbed a few snacks:
Me: The Plaza ice cream sundae with a scoop of cookies and cream and butter pecan ice cream in a waffle bowl with cream, fudge sauce and a cherry on the top.
Andy: he shared the sundae with me and also got a brownie from the Main Street Bakery, aka Starbucks.
Izzy: Lemon cake from Starbucks.
Brodie: A bottle of Nesquik chocolate milk from Starbucks. I know, they have those lovely chocolate crme drinks and he gets bottled chocolate milk! It's what he wanted though and was happy.

The sundae was delicious and very decadent, especially with all that real cream rather than the squirty stuff that seems to evaporate to nothing before your eyes. The waffle bowl didn't get eaten though as it had a cinnamon flavour I love waffle ice cream cones so was expecting this to be the same and was disappointed when I had to leave it. Andy said the brownie was really good and would have it again. Izzy was on a repeat purchase of the lemon cake, so it must be good. And Brodie enjoyed his Nesquik - enough said!

That's it for food today. Tomorrow's plans are Blizzard Beach and then dinner at Yak and Yeti at Animal Kingdom using our Landry's card.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!

Edited at 04:53 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
Unread 5 Apr 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

magic moments's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Enjoying the updates. I'm sure you'll love Blaze it went straight on our list of favourite QS places to eat at during our visit in February.

Edited at 10:12 PM.
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW 2018!
Unread 5 Apr 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks for your reports, we are doing qsdp for the 1st time next year, previously only ever done ddp..
you have given me lots of ideas.
We are staying at cbr and I know the food court may not be finished by then... we love our breakfast.. haven't figured what to do yet.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Libby's sweet 16th Birthday trip
Unread 6 Apr 17, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Enjoying your report so far, the DS ones are of particular interest as we'll be eating there a lot when we're at SSR at the end of the month. Totally agree with Izzy re. eating undercooked burgers ... and I often eat my steak rare! We're looking forward to trying Blaze too, looks like one will do us with the salads (we're paying oop)

2020 in planning for a BIG birthday.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big birthday!
Unread 6 Apr 17, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

it's nice to put face on such a friendly and helpful dibber! Beautiful family!

We didn't think much of CBR food either I have to say, but as you said you don't have to eat there. There was some curry that was nice as far as I remember. Cocktails at pool bar are terrible in my opinion - avoid!
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ & HRH?
Unread 6 Apr 17, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Your report is so useful, did you write up notes before you went so you get the most out of it? How are you doing with your credits, do you think they'll all be used?

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
Bouncing Tigger is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney obssessed
Unread 6 Apr 17, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Vickie. Sorry but I totally mised this whole thread

Excellent report and some really nice food being had by all. Your knowledge and suggestions of where to go, what to order and the accompanying pictures will certainly help a lot of others make decisions on where to dine. Well done, excellent review/report. Have fun!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fourth Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
My Magic Holiday