Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 6 Apr 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 14 West Coast again ;-) Huntingdon Beach, Ontario Mills , Fontana

Up around 7 am showered and sorted out the washing, thankfully most had dried over night.. Went for breakfast and turned the heating on high to dry the rest, Room was like a sauna when we came back.

Did the packing and checked out of the hotel.. time to move to our final hotel of the trip.

Had no real plans till that evening so we decided to go to Huntingdon Beach.

Very warm but windy, I then realised why its called surf city.. We really liked it here such a lovely clean place, one of the nicest beaches we've been to and I would love to stay here. Had a nice wander around and I met a little retriever puppy called Mina , Saw her a few times whilst there .. I would quite happily have brought her home ;-)

Bought the kids ice cream sandwiches and brownies which were really cheap. Spent a lovely few hours here then got back in the car.

Headed towards Ontario Mills, typical LA traffic means it took longer than it should

As we got near the Mall (our hotel was right near the Mall) We saw our friend Eloy working on the race car, So we stopped to say hello and promised to see him before he left to go back to Charlotte Saturday night.

Checked into our hotel Country Inn & Suites.. paid in cash and apparently I was the guest of the day .. Seems this means I had my name on a board in reception and got a free bag of crisps and snacks which the kids enjoyed..
Allocated room 414 with a exciting view of the car park, but then the other side only over looked the mall

Unpacked got changed and headed out again.. Kids were hungry so we went to the nearby In N Out burger.. As we were leaving Connor spotted one of the younger NASCAR drivers in there.. but apparently he's rubbish so we didn't need a photo

Next stop was the race track at Fontana a few miles away. The track is in a strange area basically plonked in a industrial area with the San Bernandino Valley behind it so the weather can be changeable.. its also near some pretty rough areas as I found later on ..

Went to will call and collected my tickets.. tickets were there but for some reason they had posted my parking pass to England.. Useful ! So they sorted that and got us a new one.

Tonight was a bit of a fan fest, All the NASCAR haulers were on display, Monster Energy had various displays etc and it was all free..

We had a look around the haulers and I went to my favourite one and talked to a few crew members.. couldn't get any freebies though ! As we walked walked my DH asked why I hadn't spoken to the crew chief.. erm because I didn't see him ! I'd be right next to him... bit like last year when I spent all day with the team and never got a pic.. I did later tweet him and he replied next year we're definitely getting a picture

Had a nice few hours here and bought a few bits of merchandise for friends and decided to head to Walmart.

Well we found Walmart and OMG... It was filthy.. I need the loo desperately as did the kids... I instructed DH to go with Connor as there were some very strange people in there.. Chloe and I walked in the ladies and promptly walked out... I'm not too sure what was all over the floor but I wasn't walking in it.. Bins were overflowing with stained tissues etc .

We grabbed the few bits we needed and left very quickly . Not sure what we were more at risk from catching a nasty disease or being attacked

Oh and we had to pay for carrier bags here.. Seems you have to in some parts of California.

Drove to our hotel and finished unpacking before bed.

Steps 19012 / 9.68km
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Old 6 Apr 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

The trucks look amazing!
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
The trucks look amazing!
They are nice much nicer than my husbands boring plain white one..
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
As we were leaving Connor spotted one of the younger NASCAR drivers in there.. but apparently he's rubbish so we didn't need a photo
Might regret that you never can tell.
Love truck pics.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Might regret that you never can tell.
Love truck pics.
That's what I said but then I think he did finish about last the next day ...apparently his girlfriend was "fit" though.
Old 8 Apr 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Great day,Huntington beach looks beautiful. Sounds like a shady part of town where that Wal-Mart was
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Shady doesn't come close :-)... Omg it was awful ...