Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 9 Apr 17, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Day 10 - Magic' Kingdom and Rainforest Caf

Day 9 is now complete with the rest of our Epcot snacks.

Day 10 started with a quick breakfast in our room as we needed to get to Magic Kingdom to register for our Ant and Dec tickets and I wasn't sure what the queues would be like. So we had:

For lunch, we split up. Brodie and I went to Sleepy Hollow whilst Andy and Izzy went to Columbia Harbour House. We used 4QS credits and ordered:
Me & Brodie - Waffle with hazelnut chocolate (Nutella) and fruit. I got a bottle of water and Brodie had Nesquik chocolate milk.
Andy - Land and Sea Trio: Fried Shrimp, Chicken, and Fish with Coleslaw and French Fries, with a bottle of water.
Izzy: Battered Fish and Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Coleslaw and French Fries, with a bottle of water.

The waffles were delicious! I know there are quite a few fans of these on the Dibb, and they're still as good as I remember them
Andy's and Izzy's meals were big portions - easily enough for 3 people. Andy particular enjoyed the shrimp part of this combo and would happily have a plate of them on their own. The fish was good too, but the nuggets were a bit dry. Izzy didn't fancy shrimp today, declaring that she was 'all shrimped out'. She prefers a softer coating on her chicken (like McDonald's nuggets), so proceeded to pick the coating off and ate just the chicken. By the time she'd finished that and the fries, she didn't want the fish, so shared it with Andy and Brodie.

Between Ant and Dec and La Nouba we grabbed some snacks. I used 1QS credit and got:
Croissant for Izzy, crisps for me and a bottle of water to share.

Andy and Brodie used a couple of snack credits and got a cookie and brownie.

I'm not sure that there's really any need to put icing on a brownie. Andy said it made it a bit sweet and sickly.

We decided to go to Rainforest Caf for dinner after La Nouba, but I was hungry so popped in to Wolfgang Puck Express at Westside and used a snack credit to pick up some crisps made specially for me

We used our Landry's card at Rainforest Caf, and despite it being a busy Saturday night, we were seated in less than 5 minutes. We ordered:
Me - Rasta Pasta: Sauted chicken, cavatappi pasta, walnut pesto, broccoli, red peppers, spinach, garlic Alfredo sauce.
Brodie - Rasta Pasta, but without the walnut pesto.
Andy - The Beastly Burger: Two patties, lettuce, tomato, pickle, cheese, topped with a fried onion ring, plus fries. He added bacon too.
Izzy - Flat Iron Steak, cooked medium rare: 10 oz. char-grilled, steak butter, red skinned mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables. We swapped the mash for fries and the 'seasonal vegetables' were... carrots! Makes a change from broccoli I suppose.

I had the rasta pasta the first time we ate here in 2014 and it was delicious, so I was looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I found it really bland this time, but was happy there were a lot of vegetables in it. If I'm honest, the create your own pasta at POR has so much more flavour for half the price and I'd pick that over this every day. Brodie enjoyed his, but agrees that the POR one is better.
Andy was very happy with his burger mountain and said the fries were really good too. Izzy ate every scrap of her meal. The steak was tender and cooked well and the carrots were a hit too. Funny how good something that we eat daily tastes when you've not had them for a while. Overall, it was an okay meal and I'm glad that we had $50 off. We had another surly waiter though The best waiter we had this holiday was the young lad at Outback. He was great and I'd happily have him serve us every time. I'm pleased I have him a bigger tip, as he deserved it more than either of the 2 Disney/Landry's ones did.

On the way back to our room we stopped in at the food court and used 1 QS credit to get some snacks:

We have 3.5 days left and still have 45 QS credits and 42 snack credits left!

Tomorrow - a bit up in the air as the only firm plan we have is Epcot for the evening.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip 29th March - 12th April 2017
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana!

Edited at 12:49 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR birthday surprise trip!
Unread 9 Apr 17, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
Serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Enjoying reading your food report. The food looks delish, and the lemonade with fresh strawberries... yum
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR
Unread 9 Apr 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

your food report is amazing loving every minute of It, will be trying quite a few of the snacks yum yum enjoy the rest of your holidays

janie
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
all star sports
Unread 9 Apr 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mancdisney
Imagineer

Mobile

Fab updates! Wow you've loads of credits left! My kids would be ordering dozens of Micky icecreams.
mancdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
24 days of Florida Fun
Unread 9 Apr 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoying your report Vicki. Amazed at how much food you have had and STILL have loads of credits left.

I was worried that we wouldn't have enough next year for our first trip with a dining plan. We have upgraded to the ddp so I am sure we will be fine after reading your report.

Quick question: Do you think the 2 snack credits are working out better than the dessert included on the qsdp?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Adults only in La Pineda
Unread 9 Apr 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Wow the burger was a monster yesterday. Loving reading along thanks for taking the time to share with us.
Can't believe how much food you have had (in the nicest way) and still have so many credits left.
Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2022 will be a BIG one but no rush
Unread 9 Apr 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
VIP Dibber

JanetteP's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Really brilliant eport - some fantastic food. Making me think about qs now as you're not tied down with adr's. Going to have to go to Starbucks now - never been before, but need that fruit tart

Janette
ALK, HRH Lakeside Haven September 2019, Lakeside Haven RPR May 2019. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa August 2018. SSR, Aurora Villa May 2018. Kidani AKL, RPR Champion Florida Villa 2017, Staybridge Suites LBV, White Blossom & Owens Villa 2016 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 2016, Magic Landings 2015, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 2012, Highgrove 2009, Legacy Park 2007, Indian Point 2006 and 2005, Florida Pines 2004

Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AKL/HRH & Lakeside Haven
Unread 9 Apr 17, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Really brilliant eport - some fantastic food. Making me think about qs now as you're not tied down with adr's. Going to have to go to Starbucks now - never been before, but need that fruit tart
Me too ! I'm not a fruit eater really...but I could defi manage that tart !
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Santa ears at the ready - Xmas trip !