Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Apr 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Second Helpings - Day 19, 10th August 2017. MK and pool time

Magic Kingdom was our choice today, we left the villa at 8:40 and parked up 20 minutes later in Simba 120. We took the boat to the park as the monorail wasn’t working, again, this seemed to happen a lot for our visits to MK, I didn’t mind as I like the boat journey more than the monorail. We finally got through the tap styles at 9:40.

We were trying to do some attractions we hadn’t done before today, so our first stop was Astro Orbiters, this was closed for refurbishment in 2014 and we hadn’t done it so far this trip. We finally boarded the lift (after being pushed aside by two lads around 11 or 12 as they wanted to get in first and stand at the front of the lift), when we were allowed out, they charged forward and ran to a vehicle, it doesn’t sound much writing it down, but they were really rude, their parents clearly didn’t care how they behaved.

We squeezed into our vehicle, one adult and one child in each, they are a very snug fit and we were off. The view over the park is lovely, it’s great being able to see everything from above.

We were hungry now, and even though it was only 10:00 we had two hotdogs and fries and a cheese and ham stuffed pretzel ($23.94), it was already really hot today so we went for another first of the Carousel of Progress. We all really enjoyed this (and the cool down), we particularly liked the dog in each of the scenes. This one is on the list to do again if we visit in the future.

We had a fp for haunted mansion but we were a little early so stopped in the shop and found a cast member who knew a little Welsh which he tried out on us, he only knew good morning and good night, we tried to teach him good afternoon, but he wasn’t interested in learning , so we left him and rode Haunted Mansion instead.

When we came out, we got a Mickey Ice cream for Amelia and drinks for all as we had already finished the ones we had with us, Niamh was not happy as there was no soft serve ice cream for her as we were at a cart and I wouldn't walk to find one right now! The more she complained the more rides I was mentally adding on before we’d get to somewhere serving them! I did promise that the next place we passed that sold them, we’d get one for her though, but knew it would be a while. She could have had anything the cart sold, she did like them, she just preferred the soft served ones so chose to wait.

We decided to take a ride on the Riverboat next, it is a lovely way to spend a bit of time,
we sailed passed BTMR all closed, I couldn’t see anyone working on it though.
It was still so hot, so it was time for another first for us, The Hall of Presidents. This was quite interesting, I wonder how they have incorporated Trump into this now?

Our next fp was for Jungle Cruise and on the way there we stopped at Sunshine Tree Terrace for a soft serve ice cream for Niamh and a Citrus Swirl for me and another coke.

We had a quick ride on the teacups, this one always leads to loads of giggles from the girls as we are spun fast by Dave

We then did our last fp which was Cinderella and Snow White
before heading out through the shops, where the girls picked up gifts for their best friends back home. Dave also picked out a Grumpy mug for work and I bumped into one of the mum’s from school!

We stopped at McDonalds on the way home for an early tea / late lunch (it was 3:30) before heading briefly to the outlets at Vineland.
These seemed scruffy compared to the others we had been too, but I still managed to pick up a Kipling bag to add to the collection, but this was all that we got here.

It was then back to the villa for more pool and Olympics before our last full day tomorrow

We were definitely enjoying the downtime in the villa at this point in the holiday, that was the advantage of 3 weeks, plenty of park time but also some relaxation time factored in too.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

So lucky you had three weeks! That last week so needed as you say for relaxing. Looks lovely.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Three weeks definitely seems so relaxing, I am very jealous.

I am very curious to see what Hall of Presidents will be like when it re-opens, more so, for the reactions of the audience!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I think Hall of Presidents reopens in June. Yes it will be interesting to see/hear peoples reactions.
I liked the Disney outlet at Vineland. I got some amazing bargains there.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
So lucky you had three weeks! That last week so needed as you say for relaxing. Looks lovely.
Three weeks was just the perfect amount of time, if I could ever squeeze in three weeks again I would definitely do it.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List