Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 May 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 11 AK, more eating and Sanaa bread service...yum!

Animal Kingdom emh this morning, so the alarm went off nice and early and we were at the bus stop for 7:05. There was no time for an AK bus, but one appeared anyway and we were at the park by 7:30 and right near the front of the queue. Everest was down and showing little sign of life and with no dinosaur we did Primeval Whirl, stopping to watch the test the ROL floats.

ROL Floats...

You’ll notice I’ve not mentioned breakfast yet and that’s because we’d decided on RFC, we didn’t have an ADR, but you don’t generally need one so early. We headed out and were shown straight to a table. We had and iced mocha and caramel coffee to drink, John had steak and eggs and I had eggs benedict. It didn’t disappoint, I didn’t write how much it was, but I know we used our Landry’s card so $25 will have been deducted so I doubt it was much.

Back in the park we did the tiger trail, Everest and went over to RPW. We had intended on doing the 11:30 FoW, but at RPW they were doing an op on a sick crow that had been found on property and we became engrossed.

As we came off the train we did the safari where we shared our row and came off in need of a drink. We stopped at the market place and had 2 watermelon lemonades for $8.50, while we were sat there I got uncontrollable giggles for no reason. It’s usually nerves, as John will confirm as I get them when either of us are having blood tests, but I’m not sure what the reason was today.

We faffed so much we nearly missed the 12:30 FoW! Luckily, we got there in the nick of time and had excellent seats; the last couple of weeks in August are great. Today there was a new singing bird which was cute.

After the show, John bought himself a slider for $5.29 and I had a cocktail for $9.40.

Bugs Life was next up, but sadly Hopper wasn’t working, I’ve noted this was scarier than I remember. The first time I rode this I ended up on a stranger’s knee I jumped that high – I’m sure those of you who have been on it will know which bit did that to me.

We decided an afternoon by the pool was called for, so we left and just caught the bus stopping for a few photos on the way.

We had cocktails by the pool for $22, I had a banana cabana, but John can’t remember what he ordered so it’s not in the notes.

Lounging at the pool was lovely until some black clouds started circling overhead, so we headed back to the room to change and go to the Sanaa lounge for the full bread service. John had a coconut elixir with his and I had a strawberry lemonade with wildberry foam. I think it was just over $20, but I written the exact cost.

After all those carbs we headed back to the park, I’ve put we waited ages for a bus, though I’m not sure how long. When 1 arrived another turned up straight after it. We had Dwight as our driver and he was absolutely fabulous. He had us all whooping for different professions: vets, law enforcement, medical professionals, teachers (that’ll be me). We sang happy birthday to someone and he told us about his weight loss journey as he’d lost over 200lbs. It was the best journey to any park we’ve ever had.

Sadly, it was raining as we got to the park so we sheltered at the bus stop and waited for it to pass – it didn’t take long as it was just an afternoon shower.

Once we were back in we went on Everest and we found ourselves on the front row. The family in front of us had invalid FP, but the CM was distracted so they got on. There was a tiny girl who didn’t look big enough to ride, but no one checked her height which surprised me.

After we saw a Yeti we went to see the gorillas, who were play fighting.

I fancied a cocktail at the Dawa which cost us (John) $10. We then went on the best safari ever at 7pm the animal were very active and were all over the place. I wrote the zebra and antelope were taunting the lions, but they didn’t seem to care, too well fed probably.

Then we visited the marketplace where John had ribs and I had chicken tikka masala with a bilba and sparberry to drink, $34. It was very tasty. I selected us a table and started to watch a bird of prey. We were sat next to the display area and the bird was just above it, it looked like it was eying up our food. After a minute or so it flew down next to us, paused and then there was little kerfuffle and it flew off with a mouse in its mouth…it looked a little on the small side to be Mickey thankfully. We overheard a CM saying Disney had birds and cats to keep the vermin down, which makes sense.

I can't believe we didn't take any photos of the bird, we must have been too busy watching, here's the food we had though...

After eating we pin traded while we waited for the show on the tree. We watched 3 projections: hummingbird, a Disney based one and a fox. It looked absolutely spectacular.

We arrived home at 9:30 and watched a Forensic Files and munched on crisps until sleep took hold.

Step count: 21,404
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A nice split day, AK always feels so hot and humid you need a break.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The tree of life projections are incredible and your photos are fab! I'm impressed by your very varied selections of cocktails too - I find I am rubbish at drinking anything other than water in the heat. Makes me sad for all the cocktails I didn't get to have! Lol! 😆 I am also going to make the effort at Christmas to try the amazing looking bread service at Sanaa 😋
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Got to love the bread service at Sanaa Glad we're not the only ones that watch the American crime shows, we plan our evenings around the tv when the First 48 is on
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A nice split day, AK always feels so hot and humid you need a break.
I think AK is the hottest park as it has less shade with air-conditioning, I think the fact that lots of the food places are outside doesn't help x

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The tree of life projections are incredible and your photos are fab! I'm impressed by your very varied selections of cocktails too - I find I am rubbish at drinking anything other than water in the heat. Makes me sad for all the cocktails I didn't get to have! Lol! 😆 I am also going to make the effort at Christmas to try the amazing looking bread service at Sanaa 😋
Thank you, I don't think I can take credit for the photos, DH is the best with a camera. Must admit I was surprised by my selection of cocktails from my notes, we're not big drinkers, so I'm not sure how I managed it... perhaps it was all that food soaking up the alcohol Definitely do the bread service, we just sat in the lounge as well didn't want a full sit down meal x

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Got to love the bread service at Sanaa Glad we're not the only ones that watch the American crime shows, we plan our evenings around the tv when the First 48 is on
It's the first time we had done the bread service after having it on our list for years, it's now a must do written into our plans . Love American crime shows, not seen first 48, will definitely look out for it x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

What a great day! I love your dress - where is it from? ❤
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
What a great day! I love your dress - where is it from? ❤
It was lovely and relaxing, my dress was from AK years ago, dh thinks it was 2011, but I think it might even have been before that 😗. It's very comfortable as it's stretchy so I can eat the world without caring 😊 x
Old 21 May 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
It was lovely and relaxing, my dress was from AK years ago, dh thinks it was 2011, but I think it might even have been before that 😗. It's very comfortable as it's stretchy so I can eat the world without caring 😊 x
That's the perfect kind of dress! 😂 x
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
That's the perfect kind of dress! 😂 x
Definitely is 😂🌭🍕🍔🍴 x
Old 21 May 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Carberry
Getting Excited

Well I've just caught up on your fabulous TR. You 2 certainly pack a huge amount in. Can't wait to read more
WINDSOR HILLS 2015 CALABRIA "WISHES VILLA" 2019
ROSEN INN/ROSEN LBV/ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT 2023
Carberry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List