Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 17, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Porkers on Tour - Easter 2017 Day 9

Day 9 Magic Kingdom and a little takeaway…..

Last night we had changed our FP to a little earlier as I had originally booked our first one for 4pm as I wasn’t sure if we would stand and watch the Saturday Night Takeaway that was being broadcast from MK today. DH is not a fan and Tom said he was not bothered he would prefer to watch it when we got back home on tv.

So this morning we went to Sizzler for breakfast. We arrived in plenty of time around 11am but it took us 20 minutes to get to pay and be seated. There were only 3 families in front of us but, there was a large party and they all paid separately! So when we got to the counter she said we only had 10 minutes for breakfast. As it was they were still brining food out to the buffet when we left so we were ok.

A plate of bacon for Tom, I had some porridge oats then went up again and got bacon, eggs, toast, mushrooms etc. Adrian got toast bacon and beans. I had remembered the eat and play card this time which I think took about $2 -$3 off.

After we had consumed ½ a pig we put the Premium Outlets at Vineland in the Tom Tom as Adrian wanted to get some Skechers . They still had the offer ‘buy one get one ½ price’ so I got a pair too. We got back to the car and changed our shoes to the new ones and then set off for MK.

My 1/2 price pair.

We arrived about 1pm and the park was heaving. They had set the stage up at the front of the park (as you have probably seen on tv by now) and the guests that got tickets to sit and watch were being let in and given a bottle of water. I could see they would be sitting out in the full sun so I am glad we didn’t get tickets. Main street was also packed along the sides but you could get down the middle. I caught a small glimpse of the backs of Ant and Dec before they went on stage. There was such a great atmosphere and the warm up had everyone in main street singing.

Adrian says the guy was pointing out the Go Pro to the woman he was with.

We managed to find our way to Pirates of the Caribbean which was our first FP. The normal queue was 60 minutes and as we passed Jungle Cruise that said 80 minutes. I had naively thought that with so many people at the front of the park the queues might be shorter.

While we were waiting Ade looked up the wait times on the MDE app and it showed Space Mountain as 180 minutes The guy behind commented on it and was very impressed. And they did seem very accurate whenever we checked.

Our next 2 FP were The Haunted Mansion and then Big Thunder. I hadn’t managed to change the time of Big Thunder as they had all gone so we were not doing them in order around the area. We walked back towards the castle and I got my very first pineapple Dole Whip. OMG it was lovely.

Adrian and Tom wanted an ice cream too so we went to the Ice cream parlour at the end of Main Street and got a seat.

We could hear lots of noise from the show which must have been coming to the end about now. When we had finished we took a selfie with the castle in the background and got the end of the show show fireworks it it.

Haunted Mansion next and this broke down 3 times while we were on it.

I wanted to have a ride on the Steamboat but they had shut it at 3pm. They seemed to be preparing for some private function. So we walked back to the splash mountain area to get the train to Fantasyland to look in the Big Top shop. The train must have broken down too as we waited 40 minutes. We looked in the shop a little but never got anything and then we walked all the way back, in our new comfy memory foam trainers, to Big Thunder for our FP.

BT was now 90 minutes and Splash was 110. When we had finished on the runaway train we went to Caseys Corner to get Tom a foot long. We couldn’t get a seat to start with as people were reserving them before they even got food. (I think that is a bit naughty)

After Tom had consumed more pork we decided to call it a day and get back for some pool time. But not before I made a little purchase...

The guy said it was a MK exclusive Wishes charm that will not be made anymore.

We got back about 7pm and chilled in the pool, Adrian and I had some pulled beef rolls.

We all went to bed around 11pm with no sore feet.

Edited at 05:18 PM.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great day

Joan
Old 21 May 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day even with it being so busy in MK. lovely charm, how nice to have one that is so special .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Lovely charm sarah. You made it to MK on ant and dec day! Busy but exciting.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Lovely charm sarah. You made it to MK on ant and dec day! Busy but exciting.
Yes it was busy. I love the charm but if you look at it upside down it looks like the Batman symbol not Cinderellas castle
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I like your Sketchers! My mum isn't into trainers but has a few pairs of Go Walks, I think she'd wear those ones though, will have to keep an eye out for them!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
A great day but wowzers at the wait times in mk and how busy it was.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List