Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

An Impromptu Adventure, August 2016: Day 16 HS MK on borrowed time, move from AKL to BLT

This morning the tropical depression, which they named Hermine, was upgraded to a hurricane. It was still out over the see, but I worried a bit about getting home. We should have been leaving today, but had booked 2 extra days so we could go to MNSSHP, it meant we flew home on Saturday, arrived back on Sunday and I had our first training day of the year on the Monday, a hurricane could delay us. Never mind, what will be will be.

2 coffees later, and probably more crisps, we headed to bell services to drop our bags and ask them to transfer them to BLT. It was HS this morning, HS last night had been unplanned and we had FPs booked, besides we needed a few more goes on, you’ve guessed it, TSM. Despite everything we needed to do this morning, we were at the bus stop for 8:05 and at HS for 8:28, we noted that no two opening shows had been the same at HS. We did 3 lots of TSM the headed over to R’n’R grabbing a coffee on the way for $11.

We watched Little Mermaid which was as good as ever.

Frozen was up next, but it wasn’t as funny as last time – perhaps we had already started on a downer? I think though it was more due to the fact it was different historians and they didn’t have the same relationship as the other two we had seen.

We had more coffee next and got a phone call from those back home. One of our cats, Ollie, has an issue with his spine, we think it has something to do with a slipped disk or swelling and is linked to his arthritis, but there’s been lots of diagnosis like blood clots, an injury…Anyway, his back legs, where his arthritis is, just stop working. He is happy enough, doing everything a cat should do but his back legs just don’t work. The last time this happened we were instructed to give him asprin and we gave him physio by pumping his legs to keep them warm. Our cat sitter was gutted, but he had done nothing wrong, it just happens. We told him where to find the asprin and how to care for Ollie and who our vet was. As long as Ollie was happy and comfortable he didn’t want to take him, which we were fine with, he gets really stressed at the vets. This really put a dampener on the day, although we needn’t have worried, we made Ollie and appointment at the vet as soon as we returned and they gave him metacam, he was better overnight – seriously, it was like a witnessing an actual miracle. As I type he snuggled up next to me purring and happy as ever.

We call them his 'sad legs' when they are stiff or don't work...

Sorry, another digression, back to Disney. We finished our FP with TSM and we were both deers. I felt a little deflated, we were on ‘borrowed time’ of our holiday, our cat back home was sick, there was a hurricane looming and I just felt a bit down about it all.

Perhaps going to BLT, our home resort, would make me feel better?
So we photopassed our way round the park as we said goodbye to HS for this trip...

As we headed back to BLT the heavens really opened, take about pathetic fallacy! We checked in and my mood lifted slightly, one thing I’ve learnt going through our miscarriages is that I have some control over my mood, I would have to shake this feeling and as we walked into room 7609, my mood improved a little more.

We had a lovely view of the lake and we sat admiring said view as we waited for our bags. Once they were safe in the room and we’d done what little unpacking we needed to, we headed down to Contempo and the arcade. Let’s be honest, there was little we could do about the weather or Ollie, who was a bit fed up, but had just eaten a handful of dreamies and a packet of meat so he wasn't that worried.

At Contempo I had a chicken flatbread and John had a burger, $32.

Then we walked to MK for a Space FP, a couple of goes on Buzz.

After which we relaxed on the People Mover, a go on the HM and it was after our go on HM that a Disney security guard helped us find all 10 Pascals. John decided, perhaps it was the rubbish day we’d been having or because he is quite frankly the BEST husband ever, to buy me the HM Dooney and Bourke. I love it. There was more of a spring in my step. But for how long?

Top of the World Lounge was on the agenda tonight, we treated ourselves to the 7 layer chocolate cake which is exclusive to the lounge - it may have been worth our DVC buy in just for that! - we also had a raspberry mojito, a godiva martini and a wild strawberry lemonade which cost us $45.

But the weather had not finished with us yet. As we sat in the lounge waiting for Wishes the rain started pouring, we smugly sat at the top of the tower in our circular glass lounge until we saw everyone’s phone going off and then devices being passed around. Mine followed the pattern. It was a tornado warning in our area! It told us to: ‘seek shelter on low ground, close curtains and stay away from windows.’

We overheard someone ask the bar tender, who said, “oh, it’s 6 miles away, if there’s an upgraded warning we head for the stairs there. Right, at least we knew what to do. We decided to stay as the barman said they would still fire off Wishes as they would be loaded already; we weren’t sure if we believed him looking at the driving rain. I’ve seen some storms in Florida and been brushed by a hurricane, but this was as bad I’d seen.

The barman was right. Wishes went off at 9pm and we were in bed watching Forensic Files shortly after curtains tightly shut!
Step count: 21,619
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

❤❤❤ the reference to pathetic fallacy!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
❤❤❤ the reference to pathetic fallacy!
had to hope the exam went ok x
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
had to hope the exam went ok x
Yeah a very fair paper I thought! Kids seemed happy with it too. 1 down, 3 to go! Did you have Lit today too? Xx
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Yeah a very fair paper I thought! Kids seemed happy with it too. 1 down, 3 to go! Did you have Lit today too? Xx
We did, we also felt happy with the paper, nothing unexpected which is what you want x
Old 22 May 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Niki T View Post
We did, we also felt happy with the paper, nothing unexpected which is what you want x
Oh absolutely! Let's hope Friday is the same xx
Old 22 May 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Oh absolutely! Let's hope Friday is the same xx
We can only hope x
Old 22 May 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

another good cocktail :-)
Old 22 May 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
another good cocktail :-)
Starting to become a habit 🍸🍹 x
Old 22 May 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Shame the weather dampened your plans (pun intended) but you at least got a few rides.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List