Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
Verdict: all good. Seems it was the main characters that the test was on. My two were both worried it would be a minor character.

My daughter has her interview for Police Cadets during the holidays too so that's her next stress lol 😂
goodluck with her interview

dd was happy with how it went today its the most positive I've seen her so far so fingers crossed it shows in the grades.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wozza View Post
My daughter compared it to storm on the island...I've no idea if that's good but having read them both I can sort of see how it would work.

It's certainly challenging!
Agreed, when dd starts talking about stanzas, enjambment and structure its like a different language.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandco View Post
goodluck with her interview

dd was happy with how it went today its the most positive I've seen her so far so fingers crossed it shows in the grades.
Thank you x
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

How is Half Term going for everyone?

DD had a break from revision for a few days. She saw friends on Saturday for a few hours, we had a family day out on Sunday and yesterday we went shopping in Cambridge. The break was much needed I think.

So today she has started on her History revision and procrastinated a bit by sorting out all her books and papers into subjects as they were just everywhere all around the house. She also has a pile of books and papers from English Literature and French which she no longer needs (but doesn't want to chuck anything away - takes after my DH there!). Thankfully Geography will be added to that pile next week too and won't be missed!

She is in school just once this week for a couple of hours on Friday for English Language and then next week it's all stress again!

Good luck everyone.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes good here too. My DD went to Slamdunk festival with our older son and his fiancee Saturday and has had a couple of days off with no revision but lots of History revision this week. Been studying life for Germans during the war today.

School is open for revision sessions but mainly for Maths and Science and my DD did those early so doesn't need to go for those but she is going in Thursday morning for English Lang revision session.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Not much of a break for DD, she was in for 2 hours today for psychology, 2 hours tomorrow maths, English Thursday and food tech Friday ready for those exams next week.
She's at ballet tonight and then retail therapy at Cheshire Oaks tomorrow afternoon after school. Sure she'll enjoy that 😁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yes all good. DS was physically and mentally exhausted when he came home on Friday so I made sure the house was a revision free zone for the entire long weekend. It was a much needed break for him. He was back to revision at school today, 3 hours of maths. He has 4 hours of physics tomorrow, 2 hours of English on Thurs and 3 hours of Geography on Friday. Then two more weeks of exams and he's a free man!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Dd had a break Friday night, and went out with a friend on Saturday then got back on it, mainly history. She said she has forgot most of it while revising for her other exams, although she seems fine when she goes through it with us. She went to school for 2 hours today for English, then tomorrow is history, Thursday is maths and Friday more English.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
we had a break from revision from Friday night through to Monday night. DD started again this morning and has been hard at it all day. She's been revising history (medicine which is her favourite topic) and maths. She was really happy as she did 2 maths practice papers which both gave her a 9 - just really need to hope it's like that on the day.
Old 2 Jun 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

DD off to English revision this morning. She has had a lovely relaxing week off, but has managed to do some revision too.

Had a lovely night out last night watching Billy Elliot at the theatre.

Think there might be some stress on Monday with History as it is one of her A level choices and wants to do well.

Enjoy the rest of the Half Term break and the weekend. Just over 2 weeks for us and it will all be over!
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread