Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Wanngo View Post
Thank you April and Poot for a fabulous trip report. I love the picture of the disgusting coffee it looks like it has a face and it's not happy with your comments !
My favourite "evil coffee" was this one:

But I used it in my last report - I really don't like coffee!

Thank you for the lovely compliment - Poot has been enjoying all the love as well. His favourite Dibber at the moment is Jemima2, who said his bits were the best (shh...she's right).

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Wha?! You can't leave the lettuce story there! How did that happen?! I'm imagining a Breaking Bad pizza flinging (but with less anger/drugs etc obviously) type scenario.
Bit rude, bet she won't be hanging up on you in the future!
Obviously Disney is the best kind of day to read but your life sounds brilliant

Yea I get that they need it there but if someone wants to copy it a little TM isn't really going to stop them is it?!
He was "spinning" the lettuce dry in a tea towel - and it somehow "ended up" (hmm...) on the roof. Did I send him up the ladder after it? Yes, I did. Will he do that again? Probably.

My life is MAD, but it is brilliant. Rude secretaries, roof-lettuce and all. We're so lucky to be here, aren't we?

And NO - that kind of stuff doesn't stop thieves/pirates - if it did they wouldn't be selling "PRABA" handbags on the streets of Rome!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
Oh April - this post makes me happy and sad at the same time

Happy because it is complete, and I know how much time and effort that you must have put into sharing such a wonderful month's worth of Florida awesomeness, and how much time out of each week that you have invested, not just in writing your updates, but in thoroughly entertaining us all with the amazingly ecclective conversations that followed each one

Sad, because I will miss my weekly fix of those adventures

This has been a trippie that thoroughly deserves the credit that so many other Dibbers and myself have heaped upon you and, for me, it has certainly been the trippie of the year (and quite possibly of all time).

Thank you so much for sharing your fabulously witty and honest account of such a precious chapter of your lives.

Thank you to Poot for his excellent additions to the story, his impeccable manners and for being a true credit to you and RC.

Thank you to The Queen for the lessons in how to eat bread and butter correctly.

And thank you to RC who must have missed you both terribly during the parts of the trip that he couldn't be with you (and an advance thank you to him for maybe dressing as a dwarf in the future ).

I hope that you do decide to do another trippie in the future, in whatever format it may be, it is sure to entertain us all.

Now (like so many others I'm sure), I am off to take a look at your Boston trippie.

Bravo 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I'm rather emotional after reading that, Ems.

I know you TOTALLY get how much work went into this - so your compliments are solid gold to me. I can't believe you do this after every trip.

Really, I only meant to do the food report this go round - I'm not quite sure how I ended up doing ALL THIS - but I'm glad I did, as I'm now I'm going to do as duchy suggested and make this (and Boston) into a "book" for Poot (and R.C).

But can I tell you that I had a little giggle at the "credit that's been heaped upon me"? Because I did. People love a "wand" joke - I'm pretty sure that's all it is. Go for the cheap laughs every time.

Poot will be glad to hear you have appreciated his contributions - he asks now and then if there are any Dibb messages for him. He was OVER THE MOON to hear that Jemima thought his bits were the best bits. I vote for "Avoiding cars" as my favourite Poot-ism from this trippie.

I will see you in YOUR trippie now - but please start posting some photos of yourself looking unattractive - those perfect ones are getting a little tedious!
Old 26 May 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Your trip report has been a great read and looked forward to it every week. Thank you so much for writing it
Old 26 May 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh April I'm soooo sad your TR has come to an end 😥

I have enjoyed reading every single instalment & notsure what I'm going to do with my "free time" now!

I'd love to read more posts about yours & Poots adventures especially with TF🙈 Xx

I might over time if it's ok pick your brains over Harriet's USA studies? She's due back in London on Friday 9th June with the Fulbright Commission and sits her ACT exams on 10th. ATM I'm worried sick about her being in London (oldest DD is at the university of Law in Manchester so has to go into the city every day and this week has been so difficult for her & us &#128148

Anyway sorry haha you sound like us re baggage we always come home with at least 2 suitcases each plus a load of hand luggage (usually mum & dad come with us too so 7 people) we need a minibus with a trailer coming home, we look like the clampets 🙈.

Lots of love & hugs to you & your beautiful family April, Paula xxxxxxxx
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I agree for a club level room you got a really good price but I can't find club at that price :-(. It would work if it was on the Amex and I got the upgrade maybe.
Eurostar is happening even though it's delayed again telegraph/travel/ne...delayed-again/
I would really recommend not driving in Amsterdam, its the trams, bikes, as well as pedestrians and other cars that make it challenging. Also, it's very busy - I only drive through bits of Amsterdam that I am forced to. Luckily I live close to a motorway so it's only about 5 mins before I am on the motorway which means only 5 mins of frantically keeping my eyes peeled for cyclists from all directions.
I do get the "real" books thing but with the e-ink screen and backlight a kindle is far more use to me. Until I got the paperwhite I was really straining my eyes of a winter evening waiting for the tram.
As for the gazpacho in your lap - yup that's me as well, when I was young bleached jeans were all the fashion - I was banned as I couldn't keep them from getting grass stains. My sister on the other hand never stains clothing - sigh.
Oh, nuts. That's too bad about your Portofino quote - we were lucky to be there during a quiet (for this read: CHEAP) week.

I don't even like driving here - so I am DEFINITELY not tempted to drive in Amsterdam. R.C. will be taking us (from our house in France) down to (and through) Barcelona before the cruise. He doesn't think anything of it but I would be having heart palpitations at the thought of driving in a city where I don't speak the language (he has ZERO Catalan or Spanish).

I once had a very pale tan-coloured leather skirt. And I wore it out to dinner at a restaurant in Lagos. I was feeling very smug as we walked to the car, as I knew I had spilled NOT A DROP on my skirt. But as I went to get into the car, I looked down - and saw that I had walked at least TEN MINUTES through the streets of Lagos - with my bright blue paper napkin tucked into the waistband of said skirt. Even when I don't spill - I still make a fool of myself. I tell myself that regular little humiliations are good for the soul.
Old 26 May 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Utterly stupendously fab in every way April, how sad it's over. In this your final day, and in no particular order, I loved:

1. Your coffee with the surprised face!
2. Poot's Sweet Child of Mine Tee
3. Your Red Lane honesty
4. Your CS Lewis quote

Oh and my Patronus is a Nebelung Cat which I was most disappointed at, I so hoped for a short haired miniature Daschund.

I hope you will consider a Stay at home trippie entitled, The Adventures of Poot and the Tiny Fencer but if not, until the next time ...

Best Wishes

Mamie B

PS I loved Connie's Mummy's trippie too, I reread it all a few weeks ago and I would love for Tanya to come back onto the DIBB and show us how grown up Connie must be now!
Ah, my favourite Slytherin!

Poot would upbraid me if I did not tell you that "my" coffee was straight from Google Images. Mine LOOKED normal, it only TASTED suspicious.

And thank you - I love that "Sweet Child" t-shirt. Poot's outgrown it, but I don't want to part with it until I know it will go to someone who will appreciate it enough, lol.

I was ready with all my receipts - I had even looked up the prices of things that weren't noted on the packing slips! SO happy that Customs thought I was beneath their notice. Now if only that happened with POST I get from America...

Love C.S. Lewis - how amazing to think that he and Tolkien were drinking buddies. Can you imagine the conversations?

But what is a Nebelung cat? I'll be right back...

I am not a cat person, but that one's a beauty. And it suits you, I think. I do love a dachshund, though.

Many, many thanks for your comments on this trippie - I really appreciate them. I will see you for the TF update!
Old 26 May 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dissie View Post
Your trip report has been a great read and looked forward to it every week. Thank you so much for writing it
Thanks, Dissie. Those are really lovely compliments - and I appreciate them.

Originally Posted by PJB71 View Post
Oh April I'm soooo sad your TR has come to an end 😥

I have enjoyed reading every single instalment & notsure what I'm going to do with my "free time" now!

I'd love to read more posts about yours & Poots adventures especially with TF🙈 Xx

I might over time if it's ok pick your brains over Harriet's USA studies? She's due back in London on Friday 9th June with the Fulbright Commission and sits her ACT exams on 10th. ATM I'm worried sick about her being in London (oldest DD is at the university of Law in Manchester so has to go into the city every day and this week has been so difficult for her & us &#128148

Anyway sorry haha you sound like us re baggage we always come home with at least 2 suitcases each plus a load of hand luggage (usually mum & dad come with us too so 7 people) we need a minibus with a trailer coming home, we look like the clampets 🙈.

Lots of love & hugs to you & your beautiful family April, Paula xxxxxxxx
Lol, the Clampetts! That's exactly what Hans said about us!

You must be worried sick about your elder daughter right now. I can remember having to get back on the Kings Cross train the week after the 7/7 bombings - it was not easy.

I did take the ACT - 26 years ago. It was not a particularly difficult exam - have you gotten your DD a prep book from Amazon in case there are American phrases/terms that might be new to her?

Feel free to ask me whatever you'd like - I don't know how much help I'll be, but I'll certainly try.

And thanks so much for your lovely compliments and good wishes, Paula. It was enormous fun to laugh and joke with all of you over these last few weeks.
Old 27 May 17, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Epic trip report, thank you for a great read.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

"and it was about as wild as a Buddhist monk - in a coma." This is possibly my favourite quote ever!

Thank you April, your TR has been an absolute HOOT! Thanks to Poot also, his contributions were brilliant. You've raised a lovely wee lad

Hoping to see a PTR for 2018 soon... no pressure

xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

What a great report, what a shame about BA.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List