Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 May 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Florida in January

I am wondering if people have any expereance of visiting Florida after the new year?

it's a bit of an unknown to me and I appear to be hitting several challenges which I was hoping some kind dibber would be able to help me with

I see some of the carriers don't do flights at that time of year so is DIY the best option?
How are the crowds and ride closures at that time?
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

We've been in January and personally would not go again at that time of year. It's just too cold for us. We had frost one morning and had to buy winter hats.

We arrived on the marathon weekend and our first night was disrupted very early in the morning(5ish?) by runners on the Bonnet Creek Parkway(we stayed at OKW). It was however lovely cheering them on in the parks and seeing them all dressed up with their medals.

The marathon weekend was quite busy but it was very quiet the rest of the time, with most rides walk on. If the weather isn't important to you it's a great time to go.
shelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We've been in January twice, love the weather as its not hot, queues are good, planes are half empty. We usually do a Virgin package as Thomson don't fly in January. Some rides are closed for refurb but not that man. One water park is always closed too. Some days can be 10 degrees, next day is 29 degrees!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

We always went in Jan as kids and yes, some days wore jumpers for the early starts but loved it all the same. Didn't hurt that both mine and my sisters birthday were while we were there too.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We,were out JanFebMarch this year we had 1freezing day 1cool day and one really wet day severe weather warning highly unusual our previous guests had pool,heat it took days to get it down to,a temp,we like all in all 2days with long trousers 1day with heavy jackets as well the rest shorts TShirts etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Mobile

We've been in January and we'd go back at that time of year again. Saying that though it's my birthday in January and DH likes to run in the WDW marathon which is held in January every year. One thing to note is that the marathon weekend does make it busier for a short while.

You do get the odd cool day and the mornings can be a bit of a shock when it's frosty. We usually started off in a hoody but they were usually packed away by mid morning.

If you'd like to visit during a "quieter" time of year and you're happy with cooler temps then it's a nice time to go.
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
walden64
Imagineer

walden64's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We often go out in January / February. As others have said it's a bit chilly early mornings but then it warms up nicely. Crowd levels in the parks are low, but restaurants outside if the parks can be busy with the snowbirds that are down from the northern states, but we just tend to eat later if the evening.

With its own pool, jacuzzi, internet, games room and backing onto wonderful conservation and wetlands area, it is a great choice for families. Just a couple of minutes from Championsgate

Full details can be found at www.orlando-villa-westhaven.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/sunshineviewfloridavilla

walden64 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

We went in January last year purely because we were attending a WWE event in Orlando. We wouldn't choose to go at that time of the year again, it was too cold for us!
Old 29 May 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We got married at wow in Florida 2008 weather was gorgeous
I'd definatly go again
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We go in Jan/Feb every year and love that time of year. Cooler temperatures, but we like that. Have had really cool days, and very hot days so you never can tell. Parks usually quieter. I would always book flights diy and have for years. We like to shop around for a decent condo if we dont do a villa. If you like red hot sunshine every day would go later in the year.

Chris another dibber on here, winters every year from Nov/May in Florida and usually has some very good advice.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List