Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsB87 View Post
This reminded me of something when I was younger. Not in Florida, but in a French restaurant in Dubai. A man was going around the tables playing an accordion. He played something as he came to our table and then looked at my brother and I, about 15 and 17 maybe, and said "now a song for the younger generation"... and off he goes again on the accordion playing... the birdie song!
I had one in France also. My parents and I went into a small French cafe. A little boy of about 4 or 5 came over to us with what my mother thought was the menu. After a quick look she said to me "you understand a bit of French, what does it say, what shall we have?". I found it hard to keep a straight face as I told her it wasn't a menu but a begging board. It said that the little boy had no mother or father so could we spare some money. I had seen the elderly cafe owner bring out the little boy (probably his grandson)from behind the counter so I think it must have been a bit of a scam for unsuspecting tourists.
JudgeJ26 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
my DS has a knack of coming out with some funny expressions.

One year we'd just got into the car after eating at Longhorns and I looked at the car next to ours and said look at that little old man, his head barely reaches the window. My son looked and said "he's way too old to be that short" - I kind of knew what he meant! My son was probably about 7 at the time.
Old 26 May 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Oh I have a few ha! We were there one year many moons ago (pre kids!) and went out a few nights with our friends who live over there. One night in a bar they offered "flaming sambucca" so we got them, they were on fire and we did the one, two, three cheers thing except we didn't realise they served them in plastic shot glasses and DH's must have been a bit hotter and it melted to his top lip (we found it funnier than he did!).

Another night I went to the bar in a night club, there were not many people there but there were 2 (rather loud) american women there and I asked for 2 tequila slammers, the bar man said "tequila with sprite?" I said no a slammer, as in, on it's own with salt and lime, he asked again if I was sure I didn't want a splash of sprite with it, I declined, got the slammers, did them at the bar turned to walk off and these womem stood up yelling in my face (thought they were gonna punch me at first!)..read this bit in an america accent >> "Dammnnnnnn girfriend, you drunk them good, you crazy girl", I can't rememeber what I said in respone and they looked at each other then said "ohhhhh you English, that explains it, y'all drink like the fishes" they then went on to ask if we knew the queen, DH told them we see her all the time and facinated them with stories about her! They loved us haha

Another story we often tell is the time we went to keywest and we went in to a bar, it had 3 floors and each floor was a different experience (like one floor might have played relaxing music and the next hard hourse for example) so we showed our passports at the bottom on entry, first floor was rubbish, so went up a level, also rubbish and so decided to check out the rooftop level, there was a second bouncer asking for passports again, we said already showed them and he said "this is to make sure you're not French" with a huge grin, we had no clue what he ment and headed up stairs. We opened the door and every single person up there was stark bollock naked, I think baring the DJ & Bar Staff almost everyone was well in to the age of retirement (maybe they wern't but I was only about 20 so anyone over 40 seemed old to me haha) there were boobies and willys flapping about everywhere as they were all dancing like crazy, we didn't know where to look. We stayed for a drink as didn't want to make it a massive deal by giggling and running away and a fella came up behind me for a dance and was shaking his booty and his willy flopped on my leg, I looked at my friends & boyfriend (now my DH!) desperatley for help and the were just lauging their heads off at me, so I danced with the naked man for a minute or two before making it away from him! That was a hilaroius experience and a half thats for sure.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

A few years ago it started raining when we were at Blizzard Beach and I watched a lady get out of the water to put on a rain poncho!

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loobz
Imagineer

loobz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
A few years ago it started raining when we were at Blizzard Beach and I watched a lady get out of the water to put on a rain poncho!
it's the little things that make me smile!
Old 26 May 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loobz View Post
it's the little things that make me smile!
That comment could also apply to OLS post
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pookie3101 View Post
This made me cry!
Old 26 May 17, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

24 years ago on Idrive there was a haagen daaz shop. An ex worker had setup a 1-man picket with sign and was outside on his home shouting 'Don't goto haagen daaz they'll screw you over'... I think he'd been fired and hadn't been paid.

There was also a women with an orange stall who use to sell park tickets... she must have wrote Christmas cards to my mum and dad for years after. I think she was an ex-pat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leec
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yesterday we brought a inflatable toy car for the kids to play on, brought it back to the villa and pumped it up, it was a lot bigger than we thought and struggled to fit it in the car to take to the big pool, we must of been the talk of the resort driving through with a big car hanging out the side door... 🙈

Worth it though! 😉
Old 27 May 17, 05:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Lol! 😂😂 These are all so funny!
Mines more of a coincidence and a chuckle-
We have a family thing about quoting films ...

First one might not mean anything unless you've seen Scooby Doo 2.

In Universal - Saw Scooby
Me to the kids "Have you heard the good news?"
A complete stranger walks past and tells in a Scooby voice "Yeah! There's cookies!"
The very next day, we're in MK and the Incredibles are out with Frozone...
Me "Honey! Where is my super suit?"
And the EXACT same stranger shouted back "Why do you need it?"
We just looked at each other and laughed! 😂😂

Edited at 05:14 AM.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List