Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 May 17, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Follow that Dream! - Day 18 , August 18th 2016 - A Magic Kingdom day to remember and a wonky Castle

Welcome back - thanks for joining in the journey once again - nearly at 3 weeks completed and a week more to go!

Appreciate so many readers and comments so far - always much appreciated.

If you missed yesterday it is here

if you are new to all of this big 4 week extravaganza - the index is here for all that has gone before.

Today remains unforgettable - I hope you enjoy..

Welcome to

DAY 18 - Thursday 18th August 2016

Bruce song of the day -
just click to listen while you read

Some things become priceless - today became just one of them.

Planned FP's today

Magic Kingdom

Space Mountain 11:20 AM - 12:20 PM
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM
Splash Mountain 1:50 PM - 2:50 PM

We started early!

Leaving the villa at 7-40 we were parked right near the front in Aladdin 204, and then had the joy of waiting until 8-22 before the boat left the TTC

As we approach MK there seemed to be an added attraction that would blight any photo of the castle - it was there for the rest of the holiday but they got better at trying to hide it, rather than the welcome today - it was a blot on the landscape.

Speaking of which, once again it did not seem to matter just how early you get here they don't want you to see the welcome show! I then queued through having my sack furtled and felt which at this time of day was pleasurable and quick.

With recent changes to the whole arrival procedure at MK, I am now a little more reassured that the Disney organization were not trying to annoy me they were simply avoiding getting too many people in a highly confined place and some of which had not had the pleasure of a sack furtle!

The new arrangement , with a bag check prior to boat or monorail make so much more sense, and will still annoy me as we will miss a boat or monorail , yet it will not be right infront of the park entrance, so hopefully the train welcome will return.

Don't fancy yours much!

Anyway,We were led up Main Street and then towards the 7 dwarfs behind cast members who were far too slow at walking for my liking- they would have been trampled in the rush at DLP! ( perhaps need a staff training session in DLP they would not last a day! )

We were in the queue by 8.52 and rode quickly – there is theme so far

Anyway , as we escaped the masses, we sauntered through the Peter Pan / Small world area and made a huge error – we kept on walking – see a future day for the answer but it was much more than this photo!

We were headed to a quiet Haunted mansion.

Followed by Splash Mountain but not without a glace towards the closed BTM.

It was so good we did it twice, and it was still early too

Followed by Jungle cruise

And a quick Restroom stop.

It was hot hot hot today and we thought twice about standing in full sun for the Woody and Jessie meet and greet that was now in the rivers of America area , rather than the exit to Splash.

We opted to wait and fry in the intense heat, but WOW, it was worth it.

As interactions go this just took it to another level, helped in the main by Joe’s tee shirt. For avid readers of previous incarnations of our holiday trip reports – his old tee shirt – bought from a fellow dibber, was retired. It did not fit him anymore.

The new one, had an instant impact – Jessie and then Woody made such a fuss of both of the boys, they took such delight in Joe’s tee shirt and Jessie wanted to know why Josh was not dressed like her!
Time simply stood still…

The photos do not quite do it justice , yet any words I write won't either . This was magical.

We had so many photos taken by the Memory Maker / photopass photographer and the CM also took many on our own camera.
For anyone behind us in the queue – I do apologise as we were afforded time that I would never expect and had I been in the queue would have been expecting myself!

We had our photoframes signed with great care and attention ( apart from Jessie balancing one on her nose, and I can only describe the whole thing as magical. We all were buzzing (not in a lightyear sense) but in a Disney magical sense. Even now as I type this, the hairs stand on the back of my neck as to how special this moment was, I can’t compare it, but it stands as a moment on this whole trip that will live forever.

Incredible.

We needed a reality check , and just a bit of time to soak in what had happened, we headed to Gaston's tavern for cinnamon rolls and just a bit of reflection.

We then rode The Little Mermaid - not literally as there were children present, and there needs to be a bit of reality check that she is actually an animated character. We also had another photo pass picture taken.

Space mountain was our next stop, for our very first fast pass of the day. It was now 12.05.

We also did a reverential visit to Carousel of Progress – with the usual mantra – if you don’t visit it they will close it.

We love this place, not for the air con either. It is simply a history lesson for us all and something that a time line just can’t tell. Especially another Christmas turkey getting crisped again!
We then had our next FP at Buzz

Before an error of judgement in entering the Pandora shop. I knew it was a mistake buying a bracelet and necklace last year – however the specific Charm Alison was looking for had been retired just day before -Bloody typical. (this will now add shopping time onto the whole trip, I can see it now!)

We sought solitude and comfort in not spending Pandora money by heading to Splash mountain for our third fast pass after a pin trade and a sheriff badge purchase for Joe to add to his Tee shirt – I am big on things like these and it was one thing Woody had mentioned – thankfully cheaper than a Disney pin but it made the whole experience today have a final momento – one that sit in his bedroom as a memory of today.

We got off and had a photopass pic with lightning filling the sky in the distance. It was time to get out, the forecast was for sustained lightning and with the rides closing it seemed an opportune time to depart.

We decided to get the bus to the Yacht Club just for a reminder of last week and also because they sold Pandora - Alison had seen the charm she wanted there but decided to wait until MK before buying! So much for planning.

Photos will follow as there is more to tell...

Anyway it cost 20% less than expected so it was a worthwhile trip. The boys got another beaches and cream ice cream and even $6.49 for each of these still seemed great value!

The so called storm had fizzled out and as the pool at the Yacht and Beach club opened again, we sauntered to Epcot where we enjoyed a Strongbow and a portion of fries to stave off hunger! It was a long time since those cinnamon rolls.

The boys went on a pin trade mission and we were soon mindful that a monorail back to the TTC was calling.

By the time we arrived back at the car it was 4-55, exactly 9 hours after parking a quick Super Target stop for dinner - we again decided to eat in.
With the boys having a beautiful sweet and sour chicken and we had chicken tikka masala.

The cooking of which would have to wait- we were pool and hot tub bound. After so much walking today it was well needed.

Dinner was late and the night descended into a replenishment of liquids with plenty of wine consumed.

More than anything we all went to bed with a little piece of Disney magic and someone with a Pandora charm too.

Just one incredible day.

The Price you pay? - No, simply priceless memories once again.

DAY 19 is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:26 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Great photos with Woody and Jessie! Loving your report - looking forward to day 19!
Old 29 May 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Wandmaker
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Fab day! Such wonderful memories! Love Joe's shirt!
Wandmaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day some wonderful family photos

Joan
Old 29 May 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Ooh I love a good furtle - it's been far too long since I've heard that word 😉😂

Love the quietness of an early morning park.

Cracking meet and greet with Jessie and Woody 👍🏻

TFS looking forward to tomorrow 😬
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Sounds like a great day 😀
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Priceless photos at the meet and greet, I'm not surprised as your little man really looked the part. Great day..furtling is always good...along with the cheeky kiss on Splash!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I am so sad that Jessie and Woody have left MK! I have never met Jessie.

It's so nice seeing the boys still enjoying the characters.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Fabulous character meet.❤️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love hearing about some proper Disney magic, your photos with Woody and Jessie are amazing, what great memories to have.