Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jul 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Taking the Young Adults to Disney June 2017 Day 13 Wild Florida/SeaWorld/Hollywood Studios

Previous - Day 12 Typhoon Lagoon & Animal Kingdom

The Cast

Hubby - Richard (44) Joint Planner

Me - Teresa (46) Main Planner with plenty of spreadsheets

DS1 - Daniel (20) Can't be without my phone

DS2- Joshua (18) Desperate to go

Monday 12th June - Wild Florida/SeaWorld/Hollywood Studios

So our original plan for today was go to Wild Florida, T-Rex and then Hollywood Studios, but we were worried about how and when we would get back from Wild Florida, so got a Landry's Card and went to T-Rex Saturday using the card and cancelled today's reservation. We were supposed to go to SeaWorld Wednesday after Aquatica but it rained and the rain settled in for the afternoon, so this afternoon is our last chance of going there and we still need to finish off Hollywood Studios as I had already booked FP's for this evening.

So here goes for a very busy day.

We are up at 7am, we have an airboat ride booked for 9am and we have to get there first, so the usual breakfast in the room and we are in reception before 8am.

We request an Uber and yes, someone wants to take us down there. Uber picks us up at 7:56am and we get to Wild Florida at 8:38am. The trip is 37.72 miles and costs $36.25 + $8 Tip.

We head into Wild Florida and let them know we are there, take a quick toilet break and then head into the room ready for our airboat ride. We are called at 9am and share the airboat with part of another group as they have too many for one airboat. We are able to sit at the front.

We saw Alligators and Baby Alligators and lots of different birds, oh and insects. The airboat is brilliant, even went fast around some parts. We had a great hour on the boat.

Afterwards we pop into the shop and then head around the Wildlife Park. There are plenty of animals to see including a Zonkey and Zorse and we got to touch a baby alligator called Fluffy.

We bought a drink and then watched the Alligators being fed before calling it a day, we have been here 3 hours,

So we head out front in anticipation of ordering an Uber, we have been told Uber's don't come out here, there is no wifi and no mobile data. Luckily there is both wifi and mobile data so we get on the Uber app and there is an Uber dropping someone off about 20 minutes away, so he chooses to pick us up, result! Whilst waiting we have an ice cream.

Uber turns up at 12:10pm and we get to SeaWorld at 1:01pm as we had decided to go directly there to save time. Richard had signed up with Uber and so Uber kindly sent me 25% off so many rides up to $10 and so I get $10 off this ride making it $23.75 plus $5 tip. Mileage is 42.30.

We head into SeaWorld and find the lockers for our stuff, Richard makes sure his hat is in the locker this time as in 2014 he left it on top and it was stolen. We head for Manta and it is a total walk on, so much so we could chose exactly where we wanted to sit. this ride feels really weird when you are on it, but I like it.

Next we head over to the new Mako ride, when I watched the video for this I didn't want to ride it, but Daniel and Richard weren't sure and Joshua did, so after we eventually find it in the middle of nowhere, well it felt like it, Joshua and I go on it alone. Wait time is only 15 minutes. We both enjoy and so the other two say they do want to go on it. It's still only a 15 minute wait so we go on it again. There is weightlessness and the ride is quite good.

Next we head over to Atlantis but the wait time for that is 40 minutes so we decide against that. Kraken isn't open yet so we can't do that.

We are quite hungry now, so decide to have a meal here, the food isn't that great but it hits the spot.

We go and grab a seat for the One Ocean Show and get some nice photographs although some people kept putting their cameras really high in the way.

Next we did the Wild Arctic Simulator, wow, that is definitely wild, we weren't expecting that. We then walked around the Wild Arctic.

Afterwards we went to Pop to see the Bubble show.

We headed to the shop but whilst we were in there the fire alarm went off. The staff were a bit surprised and it took them a minute or so before they decided that we should leave, so we didn't get to purchase anything.

We headed out the park to order an Uber. Our Uber picked us up at 6:03pm and we arrived at All Star Sports at 6:24pm. Uber costs us $9 which included a $3 discount and we gave a $3 tip. That was our last Uber for the holiday.

We dropped our stuff off in our room and then caught a Disney Bus to Hollywood Studios, we had missed our Star Tours FP, but we weren't upset as we did get to do this the other day. It was 7pm, so we headed straight for our Rock'n'Roller FP.

It wasn't time for our ToT FP yet, so we headed over to see Chewbacca, the queue was about 10-15 minutes.

Now we could go and do ToT, this does make me laugh, which surprises the rest of the family as I don't like rides that drop, but this one is just different!

We head to Red Carpet Dreams where there is only a 15 minute wait for Mickey and Minnie which is great as they are dressed in their special outfits.

We then head back to the Star Wars area so the boys can take photos and we meet the Jawa's and also queue for BB-8.

We head towards the entrance and watch the Star Wars Fireworks before heading out and catching a bus to Magic Kingdom.

I have decided I want the 45th Anniversary Magic Kingdom Mickey & Minnie and you can't get them anywhere else but Magic Kingdom. So we walk in quickly, purchase them and then are straight back out to catch a bus back to our hotel to pack. We are going home tomorrow.

Temperature Today 86 Degrees

Steps Taken 20,320 9.16 miles.

Day 14 - Epcot & Going Home
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05

Edited at 11:16 PM.
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ooo I didn't know there was a 45th anniversary Mickey & Minnie! The 45th merchandise was hitting the shops towards the end of our trip last year, we got a pin and a magnet.

Your boys were great sports with the characters.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

My boys were great with me wanting to see the characters, but we didn't go in any queue that was more than 20 minutes, or they may have flipped

and of course they didn't mind the Star Wars characters
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

How cute, definitely a busy day for you all but you have to pack it in as it draws to a close.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow you weren't messing when you said it was a busy day, I feel exhausted reading it all 😜
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

We would have been gutted if we had come home and not done SeaWorld or not finished Hollywood Studios, so I'm glad we did