Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Jul 17, 01:13 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Follow that Dream! - Day 27 , August 27th 2016 - Our Farewell to Magic Kingdom and Wishes

If you missed yesterday - it is a click here

If you enjoy this and want to read the rest - it is here

As for today - how different it looks now ...

I make no apology , I make no judgement nor indeed look forward to a holiday that lies ahead of me in a matter of days.

My experiences of today has a totally different feeling, posting it after the events of the past few months and nearly 11 months after. Apologies for keeping you waiting!

We knew that MSEP was going and I felt we said goodbye with reverence to a parade that I still do not feel is as close to the heart of WDW as Spectromagic. See previous trip reports for a variety of rants. SpectroMagic will always be in our heart.

Nobody expected this to be our very final night of Wishes though, we never got to say goodbye - yet we did. We always do. Our very final Disney day has emotions that cannot be described in words alone. Had we recognised it was the last one - Well I dread to think - it was hard enough to leave when we did.

Final/ Last / End / /ultimate/ concluding…

There is no way of describing this - it was our swansong, the goodbye we would have loved to have had - and we did it - we said goodbye.

To our holiday, to the night-time parade and to Wishes too. I type this without regret and with a little tear in just remembering a day that we will never see again - extra special

Our Bruce Song for today is 41 Shots, American Skin, please click to listen

Welcome to ...

Saturday 27th August

Booked FP's for today

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM

Space Mountain 5:35 PM - 6:35 PM

Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
7:50 PM - 8:50 PM

We woke early but the boys didn't - it was around ten when they surfaced.

We pooled and enjoyed some sunshine before heading out to IHop for brunch.

We then went to WinterSummerLand for golf but were put off by the 40 minute wait time for both courses.

Fantasia it was to be then, and with just two groups ahead of us we went with the Fairways test of putting.

As much as I love this course it is such a stern test of your putting nerve and that is not my golfing strong point!

Josh won by a shot but I was amazed that everyone had a 2 on their card and the scores this time were a lot lower than previous rounds here. Joe putted well and just had one or two holes that spoiled his score .

After being rained off here last week it was that boiling feeling we had today. Once over a putt you found your sunglasses filling with sweat.
We roasted but enjoyed it, in a frustrated kind of way!:angry:

Next stop Magic Kingdom where yesterday's parking fiasco was narrowly avoided being repeated and we got pushed to the front parking lot - well that saved a bit of ire for today! But only by around 5 cars!

We monorailed into the park and just after security the skies opened. We had not even scanned our bands but just sought shelter for five minutes, the passing shower made us aware that our first fast pass may be in danger of being lost amid the weather, it was still showing as open on the live wait times so we kept walking.

We rode then were met with a rather disgruntled queue line as we exited . They had closed just as we got on. We were their last ride for a while as lightning was now in the area and the rain was coming again . We went to the Pinnociouhaus just for shelter and we got a seat too!

It rained rather heavily and we were glad to simply be under cover .

As it finished we had planned to go and see the Hall of Presidents, however we had just missed a show so we went to see Belle once again just because we could - limited time only Memory Maker extra policed by the most officious cast members again!

We then took a look in The Christmas shop and had then missed another Hall of Presidents show - by now the lightning had passed and rides reopening- we headed to Tom Sawyers Island as we just wanted to soak up the whole atmosphere of the Magic Kingdom one last time.

Tonight was not about the rides, it was about this place and making our final memories of this trip.
We did ride Space Mountain though and met this guy - who had completed the pinquest at MK
Pricey but lots of really interesting pins to collect

then took the walk to Tony's Town Square for dinner.
Well, having missed out on so many dining experiences we chose this to end it in MK - we have made such a conscious effort to continue to eat as heathily as we do at home we did not fancy the fried fish option of Columbia Harbour House which would have been my usual first choice.
The Italian menu meant we could have pasta or pizza .
It was good and well worth the $80 outlay .

It also led to our final fast pass of the holiday.

We went to see Mickey and had kept this as the crescendo of the holiday- Josh will be 13 on the flight home - lets go and get Mickey to share it, was the plan.

Well, by the time it was our turn and having heard happy birthday twice it was a quick change of plan by both Mickey and ourselves. We shared our last night story with him and got a really personal response as he signed our photo frame.

It was just the most special way to end it all- as we stood in the shop putting pens and autograph frames away we all decided we would have this as our finish , we just found a spot in the Town Square and waited for our very final Main Street Electrical Parade. Just to wave it off.

We walked up Main Street after it and stopped at my favourite viewing spot at the top end, just before you enter the hub.
It was once again a rather emotional experience, a collective sense of pride in all we had achieved in 4 weeks but a collective sadness as always that it was at an end. Joe took on the role of Fantasmic Mickey simply conducting the fireworks into the Sky. Josh stood close by and hugged both Alison and I. He turns 13 on Monday so we knew it was little moments like this that we perhaps may not see again!

It was our very last viewing of Wishes and we did not even know, we did know it was the end of the holiday and we took the quick route out of MK , we missed the emotional final walk down Main Street and scuttled behind the scenes in an excellent addition in getting people out of the park safely.
It worked a treat we were out and on the first ferry out of the park after Wishes,
We headed upstairs, which is rare for us and we stood at the back which is even more rare.
We did not need words to share the moment we simply looked and pondered and sighed and wiped away that feeling of leaving it all behind again.

There were no need for words, we all felt exactly the same and we all yearned to stay that bit longer, we always do. Without words there was no need to clear the golf ball sized lump that always appears in my throat, today was different. I was outwith my Magical place and being sailed away and still found the time to linger on the memories that have been built once again

As the sight of the castle faded we held each other tightly, still without words , they were not needed until a simple Thank you was offered up by Joe, it broke us.

As we docked there was a renewed feeling of lets do something else -pool was now an option

We were at the car having walked from the TTC at 10.34 and back into the villa before 11!

We have really appreciated the difference in leaving MK this year it has made such a difference to our whole MK experience.

As the boys went to sleep, we just enjoyed sitting outside sitting in the hot tub and our final night.

We shared a bottle of Copolla wine (it had been worth keeping all this time- in the fridge since Treasure Island!))

By the time we went to bed it was getting late it was around 2. Alison was asleep in the switching off of the light.

I was very soon after.

A goodbye to MK and our very own goodbye to Wishes – will be missed as much as Spectro.

The final instalment is coming real soon and just a click here to read

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:32 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've woken up this morning on our pre travel day to your final day instalment. Oh boy you've certainly got me wiping... My boy turns 13 after our holiday in august, he has been on a school trip this last week and he has not missed us at all!

Thank you for sharing all of your days, the good times and the frustrations, they all go to making a magical holiday and it certainly seems like this has been one for you guys. I hope your next one is as amazing this was.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh wow I've got a tear in my eye reading this, what a lovely way to end your holiday.
Old 22 Jul 17, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great end to the holiday! Not long now until you are back!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I quite fancy doing Pin Quest, although I'm not sure my wallet will agree! If we find ourselves at a loose end we might participate.

I am SO glad we didn't know that we were seeing Wishes for the last time. I would have been a wreck. We had the Dessert Party booked last year but the show was cancelled because of the weather, we rejigged our plans and saw the show two days later. I am so glad we did.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Blimey, think I may have something in my eye ... Joes thank you did it. Love it when our boys show appreciation like that so know how you must have felt.

Are we likely to bump into you at AMI this year? Still waiting to hear all about the next trip.

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

😭😭 yep def Joes thankyou did it ! 😍
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

What an emotional farewell! Great last day in MK & fabulous way to say goodbye . Thanks for sharing xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Your last Wishes recount is beautiful. Joes thank you certainly put paid to my dry eyes too
Thanks for continuing to share
flo-tinka is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

What a completely emotional last day, I've got tears in my eyes. What fantastic memories you've made on this trip. It's been such a fab report to read.