Go Back   theDIBB > Welcome to theDIBB > Latest
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Latest Latest articles from theDIBB home page.
Unread 28 Aug 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

Great news this and so exciting to receive an unexpected letter from the mouse

Think it's fair to say that the snack credit is never going to be usable for alcohol. Can you imagine the carnage of all those adults only parties drinking round the world on the last night to get rid of excess snack credits

Warning, this report contains images some dieters may find distressing

Love Food Pictures? Check out the Dining Report tracker for all you care to enjoy
My Dining Reports: The 12 Days of Easter (2015), Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018)
Trips: WDW 1982, 1990, 2012, 2015, 2018, DLP 2013, 2016, 2019?
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Roadtrip: DLP - EuropaPark - Efteling
Unread 3 Sep 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
jakki
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by SMAX View Post
Yes it is on the Kona Cafe and would currently fall inside the $14 limit. But who knows if they will put up the price before next year and exclude it...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Kon...enu-m-161.html
This is great news SMAX about Kona Cafe can't wait for 2018.
Just wondering though if you didn't want an alcoholic beverage could you swap it for a dessert? Not saying I would obviously but curious if this would be an option. Some people could share a soda with a child instead and share a dessert with them also if on QS that is.
jakki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
long wait but worth it
Unread 3 Sep 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 14
Guidebook Photos: 69
Originally Posted by jakki View Post
Just wondering though if you didn't want an alcoholic beverage could you swap it for a dessert?.
It is the drink option. So soft drink or alcoholic. But a drink cannot be swapped for a dessert.
Unread 3 Sep 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I read somewhere that if you don't want your drink at QS only you can get anything with snack instead but not sure if this is still the case. Not on TS. For example at your resort you have your refill mug so they used to let people swap. We did it last October
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
maybe?
Unread 3 Sep 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
I read somewhere that if you don't want your drink at QS only you can get anything with snack instead but not sure if this is still the case. Not on TS. For example at your resort you have your refill mug so they used to let people swap. We did it last October
When I was there last year they would only let you have a bottle of water instead. I believe there is a lot of inconsistency between restaurants and even different staff. We could also swap a dessert for a bottle of water. They obviously had a lot of water to get rid of
Unread 3 Sep 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

They offered me coffee instead of dessert at few TS when I said I don't want dessert, without me asking (tutto italia). At others I asked and I was told no way (BOG dinner). Inconsistent is right!

At CBR as we had refill mugs I asked if I can get fruit instead of the drinks and they allowed it every time. Perhaps we were just lucky! I never asked anywhere else as we normally need our drinks. Sub for dessert was usually water or slices of apples/grapes when it was included. It's so much better it's separate credit now.

Edited at 06:38 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
maybe?
Unread 3 Sep 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It is the drink option. So soft drink or alcoholic. But a drink cannot be swapped for a dessert.
This is what the current Disney Dining Plan PDF says:

At the moment, drinks can officially be substituted for a snack option.
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Nimbus is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Unread 3 Sep 17, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Administrator

SMAX's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The dining plan has changed since I last went as you don't get dessert with QS now but you did in 2016. So I think they have made it a bit more flexible. As long as they have informed the staff that is
Unread 4 Sep 17, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The dining plan has changed since I last went as you don't get dessert with QS now but you did in 2016. So I think they have made it a bit more flexible. As long as they have informed the staff that is
When we went in April 2016, we swapped some drinks for snacks*. I think that rule has been around for a couple of years. I remember it being discussed here on the DIBB some time before we visited.

Whether Disney inform all their staff of this option, or whether individual staff members on the day actually allow it, is another thing!

(* note that "snacks" are the not necessarily the same thing as "desserts". It will only apply to those dessert items that are identified as snack options, if any).
DLC: Jun 95 - Holiday Inn // WDW: Dec 97 - Gateway Inn | Feb 00 - Gateway Inn | Mar 01 - Best Western | Feb 06 - Embassy Suites | Oct 10 - Hawthorn Suites | May 12 - Homewood Suites | Aug 14 - CBR&Doubletree | Apr 16 - Caribbean Beach // DLP: Aug 13 - Sequoia Lodge

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Nimbus is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan