Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Sep 17, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

Me, 3 and gluten free - Day 2 - Magic Kingdom

If you would like to read along, the index is Here

Soooooo, day 2 we're up and about at 6:30 which i didnt think was bad for second day . We use our trusty Waze app again and set off for Animal Kingdom!

We arrive for rope drop and stand waiting to be let in for the run down to the Safari (my god! How hot is it under all this foliage? ) rope drops and we set off with the crowds behind the . . . Slowwwwweeeest . . . Buggy pushers in the universe, i have no idea how, but despite being like a family of snails, they still manage to stop us getting past them! I was already hot and bothered by the time we got to the queue, but when one of them decided to stop for 10 minutes right in the way to take photos of some birds and then push past without so much as an 'excuse me' i was ready to flip my lid (I dont do well with rudeness or inconsideration), misery just kept muttering 'let it go, let it go' like a bad rendition of frozen and as soon as the queues split we diverted to the opposite line to the one they chose and thought no more about them.

Saw some amazing animals! Even chunky (who does not like to be tired and had started the day a tad grumpy with a refusal to believe that a safari is a ride) was quite impressed with the animals she had only seen in books (having never been to a zoo or anything like it before). I shall try not to over indulge in photos here, but as country folk, we were suitably impressed by all we saw and did get very snap happy

Misery declares he needs his daily coffee fix so we have to traipse off to find a starbucks, chunky gets side tracked by pin badges and while we are looking, misery completely disappears obviously this is not my fault for stopping, its his for not looking behind him to see i have stopped!

We wander over the bridge with monster steaming ahead like a blood hound on his scent and we manage to find him in the queue at the starbucks 10 minutes later (he's completely oblivious to our absence), monster queues up with him and when they return I spot a frappuchino in monsters hand. Now I can see the storm about to erupt a mile away, before chunky has even clocked whats going on! You do NOT buy eldest something to eat or drink thats to share without forwarning youngest! She will assume she has been missed out and will strop about it and refuse to listen to any explanation about it, refusing to partak in what has been bought and get herself worked up. As I'd foreseen, chunky spots the drink and the 'face' appears. Nope she wont have any, no it wasnt to share, daddy has left her out! I then get a face on as i've got to deal with her misery appears with his coffee, spots my face and you can see him trying to work out whats wrong, a rather short 'you should know better' chat in his ear and i set about placating Chunky by saying she will get her own treat later and all is right again. (FYI, this makes her sound like a bit of a spoilt madam, she isn't she just easily misinterprets situations and then works herself up and gets upset then cuts her own nose off to spite her face, shes normally a pretty easy child homest! )

The heavens then open! I mean literally a deluge of water fell onto our heads! Our cheapo rain covers get pulled out and put on (man are they hot! I felt like a prebasted turkey in one of them cooking bags!)

We hot foot it over to Kali river rapids for our first fast pass only to have it shut down due to the weather, we are handed the extra fast pass cards and trudge our way back up the exit

Decide to do 'its tough to be a bug' as its about to start, go in, take our seats and the show begins! Chunky is terrified! The tarrantula shooting poison at us scares her and she has to take her glasses off, then more spiders coming down from the roof made her cry! But the final straw for her was the creepy crawlies leaving the auditorium and bumping under her bum, neadless to say, we did not do that one again

The storm was over so we went back to the rapids and they were open! walked on as there was no queue and it was fabulous! We got soaked even with our trusty oven bags . . I mean ponchos.

Misery then decides we should go see if flight of passage has a short queue as its rained i agreed just for the laugh Navi was a 75 minute wait, FOP was 2hrs 15 (not too bad I thought, misery was horrified). We had a sit down in Avatar as the pain was starting to set in quite badly for both me and misery and managed to time it for just as the performers came out to play the drums . Chunky was offered the chance to join in but was too shy so monster stood up and shook the big stick for them instead

Chunky finally manages to do her first pin trade, i actually thought that the cast members selection was a bit meh compared to chunkys, but chunky was desperate to trade so I didnt get involved.

On to Everest, tombegin with we are all loving it! Then . . . The darned thing goes backwards! chunky and I do not do backwards, we both felt extremely sick and it was placed firmly on the 'will not ride again' list by both of us and misery who, though didnt feel ill, also didnt enjoy going backwards. Monster loved it (weird child)! Bought Chunky a mickey bar as her owed treat/ to settle her tummy, and all was right with the world again.

On to Dinoland, Monster gets on primeval whirl, the rest of us decide we are not suicidal and stay on the ground. Misery decides he needs another coffee and drags us all over Dinoland to find one, but nowhere sells Cappuchino in dinoland! So he gets a strop on and i'm getting fed up of spending all my time looking for bloomin coffee shops!

To be continued . . . .

Edited at 09:40 AM.
jakesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

To be continued here tomorrow as its midnight and misery wants to go to bed as we are still jetlagged!

Morning! Where was I? . . . Oh yes, misery's blasted coffee hunt! We gave up and went back to Primeival Whirl where Monster was still queueing so Chunky decides to queue for the Dino-rama ride, i stand and watch her queue while Misery waits for Monster by Primeival. Monsters ride finishes JUST us Chunky gets to line up by the gate and the cheeky so and so queue jumps to get on Dino-Rama with his sister! (She wasn't impressed by this, you wait your turn dont you know! )

Our last fast pass is Dinosaur, and as I still feel a tad delicate from the evilness that is Everest, i back out and my three get on by themselves

Now as you can see, my monkey is not daft she's got her brother to cover her ears (she has very sensitive hearing and loud noises hurt her) so she can continue to hold on . Her brother supposedly got thrown about like a rag doll, but it shows how much he adores his little sister that he'd rather be covered in bruises than see her in pain from the sounds

By now its 1pm and we decide to call it a day, head in the direction of the exit and get suitsbly lost! We cannot find exit signs anywhere! Finally Monster spots the worlds smallest sign saying exit and we go on a 'spot the exit sign hunt till we finally find where we came in. Detour to get a few more badges (these things became something of a desired item to my family throughout the holiday, it wasnt a trip to the park without procuring at least one badge that said it was our birthday or we were celebrating etc, i still have no idea why we needed so many but was assured we did and it kept them all happy so I left them be . . Even though I had to cram all these treasured badges into my suitcases when we left! )

We decide to go to Mall of Millenia for lunch and end up in Johnny Rockets, we get a corner booth (something we dream of back here in the UK but rarely get) and even Misery has no issue getting himself sat behind the table.

I have a grilled chicken sandwich, Misery has the double smokehouse, chunky orders a hotdog but ended up with 2 mini burgers instead and Monster ordered the double bacon chedder on an Udi bun plus we ordered 2 plates of fries (these are not gluten free! Nor are the milkshakes!) 1 milkshake and 2 cokes.

The gluten free burger

Chunky didnt like her burgers or the fries (loved the milkshake though!) but the rest of us loved our meals and im a bit sad we never got back to eat there again . Total cost inc tip was $62

We have a wander round the shops, Monster buys more shoes its day 2 and he has $5 left to his name, Chunky buys an adidas snapback cap for $26 and Misery buys some superfast charger thing in Apple for our ipads. I just get the book of coupons from the concierge (which were a bit rubbish tbh unless you really like spending alot of money in very expensive stores)

We then decide we need to go to the Premium outlets again as it turns out Misery's shoes are not waterproof! Its buy one get one half price in Sketchers so seemed a bit rude not to have a new pair myself to make use of the offer went round to toysrus to look at Pokemon cards but decide against buying any and headed home in more pain in my feet and hips than I ever thought was possible.

Spent the evening with Misery and I watching tv and the kids in the pool and having walmart rubbish and sandwiches for tea.

Day 3 - Non Park Day

Edited at 02:11 PM.
jakesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Dinner sounds lush, I don't think I've ever seen Johnny Rocket's anywhere before. The gluten free burger looks nice actually.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

It was lovely, and was very impressed with the gluten free version, Johnny Rockets is dfinitely on the lidt for a revisit on our return