Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 17, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theDude5b
Earning More Ears

Question DLP 2 days free offer with Meal Plan

Hi All,

We are close to booking for the end of November with the current offer of 2 free days.

We have a decision to make around adding in a meal plan (Breakfast, Half Board, Full Board), or just paying for food when we get there.

Last time we stayed (must be about 3 years ago now), I think we had Half board, although I can't for the life of me remember how it worked and if we thought it was worth it.

What are your current thoughts on paying up front for one of the meal plans vs paying as you go?

Current prices for per person per day are;
Breakfast: £19 adult, £18 child
Half Board: £35 adult, £24 child
Full Board: £45 adult, £29 child

p.s. We are probably going to be going to Buffalo Bills which is not included in the meal plan, so that would be an additional expense and we would lose out on 1 evening meal from the meal plan.

Many thanks.

Edited at 12:21 PM.
theDude5b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

It really depends on where you eat. With the pound being as bad as it is against the Euro at the moment it can make sense. It looks like you've listed the prices for the hotel plan for Sequoia/New York/Newport? I think that's maybe a bit restrictive for a longer stay.

If you were to do half board plus you'd pay £38 per adult per night. A meal at Chez Remy using your vouchers would cost you about 45Euros per adult (assuming no AP discounts) which would be a good value. Somewhere like Plaza Gardens would be slightly less value as it's 35 Euros per person.

I'd look at the restaurant menus on DLPGuide, work out where you'd like to eat and take it from there. I found that when weighing everything up the meal plan was good value for this year taking into account the places I wanted to eat.

You can use your vouchers to pay towards Buffalo Bills too.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

I did the maths this morning & for us it's really not worth paying for.
We'll be a DCR so breakfast isn't an issue, the rest of the time rainforest cafe, Annettes, & quick service places are what we're after.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Breakfast isn't included in any Disney hotel anymore. Not unless you booked before the cut off point of when they were still included. I can't recall exactly when that was, possibly last October... But don't quote me on that! X

Edit: unless you mean you'll be taking your own stuff for breakfast, just realised you could mean that. X

Edited at 07:27 PM.
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
theDude5b
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
I did the maths this morning & for us it's really not worth paying for.
We'll be a DCR so breakfast isn't an issue, the rest of the time rainforest cafe, Annettes, & quick service places are what we're after.
Yeah I think after doing the maths, it seemed like we could get away doing it cheaper than the meal plan.

Thanks for your info.
theDude5b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've just returned from DLP. We had breakfast included as we stayed at Golden Forest, but when we looked at the meal plans they weren't good value for us. We ate at Vapiano a few times, lovely fresh food which was much cheaper than the onsite restaurants.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

We haven't included the meal plan for our stay as unless you plan to eat at the more high end restaurants every night it really isn't cost effective. We plan to eat at vapianos, earl of sandwich with perhaps a breakfast once at plaza gardens. Will probably bring our own snacks or take a trip to Auchan on first day.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I'm adding it on to my trip in January - at £28 per day, I think it will be worth it with the current exchange rates.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
I'm adding it on to my trip in January - at £28 per day, I think it will be worth it with the current exchange rates.
it does depend on where you would normally eat whilst there though. I had it free in my summer 2017 trip, and we didn't make the most of it. Without a meal plan I wouldn't eat at the participating restaurants at DLP more than possibly once in the whole trip, there are so many other options.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
it does depend on where you would normally eat whilst there though. I had it free in my summer 2017 trip, and we didn't make the most of it. Without a meal plan I wouldn't eat at the participating restaurants at DLP more than possibly once in the whole trip, there are so many other options.
I'm with sammykitten on this one. If it's free, great, but I would never pay for it as we usually stay in the Cheyenne so don't get a huge choice of restaurants to eat in - although there is nothing wrong with the Onex you do get. We have booked for February half term on the two nights free offer and I am quite looking forward to eating in some different places eg Vapiano's and Rainforest Cafe.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List