Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Sep 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Property rentals Anaheim/Knotts Berry Farm area

Does anyone have any experience or can anyone provide any clarification on the current position re property rentals in/around Anaheim? I'm sure someone has posted on here before that short terms rentals within the Anaheim area were to be banned but I thought that decision had been reversed or at least relaxed to make it still possible?

We are currently considering a choice of 2 properties for Summer 2018 - one is located about 2 miles west of Disneyland just off S Nutwood St in an area called Hermosa Village and the other is located about 1 mile south of Knotts just off Crescent Ave in an area called Buena Park . Both are on VRBO/Homeaway but surely if short term rentals were not allowed then they wouldn't be able to register on those sites or is that me just being naïve?

Any advice would be appreciated.
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
google/amp/ocr...n-anaheim/amp/
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi

We have rented Suite Escapes 3 (its on vrbo/home and away) for the last 2 summers when we went to Anaheim

I'm not sure how the rules have changed but not sure that I would chance a rental next Summer as they are definitely clamping down

I would be worried that they may sell the property before next summer if they get banned completely

Sometimes Orange County Register have some updates

I must admit the rental we had was really good, clean, lots of space and nice pool

Shame all rentals look like they are the way out

Edie
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

So how far and what area does the ban cover? Does knotts fall within anaheim? Really reconsidering now and leaning back towards a hotel. Shame really as the rentals give so much more space.
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
As far as I understand it there are two issues

Disneyland isn’t far from residential areas and the residents object to short term holiday lets .
And hotels don’t like it either and they have a lot of money and power ( same as in Vegas where short term rentals are also banned in many areas )

I suspect you will still find some owners willing to risk breaking the law, but the penalties are harsh, with ultilities being cut off etc

From what I’ve read the short term rentals have got till Feb 2018 to stop .

Personally I would just go for a hotel there are loads in the area many with suites too , and it’s not like you will spend much time in the accommodation.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List