Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Sep 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Chasing Sunsets - Day Eight - Blizzard Beach and Magic Kingdom plus Cracker Barrell

DAY 8 – Tuesday 23rd May – BLIZZARD BEACH & MAGIC KINGDOM

The boys had a lie in and were up at 7.30am today, we were all in a sombre mood after the news of the bomb in Manchester. We had a slow morning as we were off to Blizzard Beach, which didn’t open until 10am. The sand cranes were being very noisy this morning, we enjoy watching them, and it was like they were having a very loud conversation with each other.

We arrived at BB around 9.45am, so had to wait a few minutes for the gates to open.

We set up camp in Tikes Peak but away from the sand. Lucas was straight in the kiddie area but Jacob was too big and not allowed on any of the slides.
Lucas however, loved it and we struggled to get him out but we persuaded him to come on the lazy river.

As it was early there were no tubes in the water so we had to walk half of it. We eventually found enough tubes for all of us and we were lazing our way round the river. We found it quite shaded and full of leaves so bits of it were quite chilly. The waterfalls were freezing and the boys loved it when Grandma got soaked, they are little rascals

After the lazy river, the boys played in Ski Patrol for a bit, they loved the cargo nets and zip wires. This area was definitely more for Jacobs’s age (9) but there were still some good slides for Lucas. Lee also enjoyed a couple of the slides. We decided to go on Teamboat Springs but there was no way we were climbing those steps. So we queued for the ski lift, which didn’t take too long. It was a bit of a rush getting off but a lot easier than all those steps. The ride was brilliant we had a great laugh, Grandma nearly had a heart attack and I screamed all the way down, once again the boys loved how scared we were.

Lee was determined to take the boys on the Toboggan Racers. He told Grandma that she could watch from the top so she climbed the hundreds of steps in the 95-degree heat. However when we got to the top we realised the viewing area was at the bottom and Grandma and Grandad had climbed the stairs for no reason! Lee felt very bad, Grandma was not happy, as she had to turn back and go all the way back down. In her defence she does struggle with COPD so this wasn’t easy for her.

The queue for the Toboggan Racers was very big and the boys were determined to make it the longest 25 minutes ever. We eventually grabbed our mats and we were on the start line. I suddenly remembered I hate waterslides and I was about to go down one forward on a thin purple mat. I had tried to talk myself into trying more of these waterslides so that I could enjoy it with the boys, but they do terrify me. I couldn’t bottle out now as my 5 and 9 year olds were either side of me. The starter counted down and we were off! The boys loved it and I quite enjoyed it but wouldn’t go on again straight away. Grandma had just about got her breath back after her pointless journey thanks to Lee.

We made our way back to camp, as it was now midday and time for an ice cream. The park was beginning to get very busy; the clouds had come in so it had cooled down quite a bit as well. We found an ice cream stall and we purchased this beauty to share.

We managed to finish it all!
The boys played in the sand for a bit and went back over to Ski Patrol. The adults had just about had enough, so we decided to take advantage of the cooler weather and play some mini golf and the nearby Winter/Summerland Course.

The boys were well up for this so it didn’t take them long to get showered and changed. We decided to play the Summerland course which was not to busy. Although as soon as we started the clouds cleared and it was blazing hot again.

Of course Lee used the heat as an excuse when I beat him . Lucas managed 2 holes in 1, which he was delighted with.
As the course was not too busy we were soon finished.

We had a group chat and decided to go back to the Villa for a cup of tea before going out for dinner and then onto Magic Kingdom to see the Fireworks. Who says water park days are rest days!

It had taken 8 days but we needed to fill the car with gas so stopped off on the way back at the garage just opposite the Sherberth Road. We had a bit of a nightmare here, the car said to put in E85 however there was no E85 available, so I went in and asked and the lady told me E87 would be fine, so I pre-paid $50 thinking this would fill the tank. However it only took $38 to fill the tank, so off I went back into the busy garage to look a plum for the 2nd time.
The lady was lovely and gave me the $12 back. You would have thought after going to the USA 16 times I would know how to fill the car up with gas.

We told the boys they would not have time for the pool but this nearly caused World War 3 so we relented and let them go in. The adults rested and caught up with events at home via facebook.

Cracker Barrel was the choice for dinner; we had a quick look in the shop before going through to the restaurant. We sat near the entrance, which was fine as it was not busy. The menu in Cracker Barrel is quite extensive, so it took a while for us to decide. We eventually went for
Dick – Beef/Dumplings/Mash/Green Beans
Sue – Fried Chicken/Fries/Salad
Lee – Chicken/Dumplings/Carrots/Mash/Green Beans (he always has this here)
Kerry – Grilled Chicken and Caesar Salad
Jacob – Campfire Chicken (from the adult menu), Corn on the Cob
Lucas – Grilled Chicken and Carrots

this was Jacobs huge campfire chicken dinner that he demolished!

The food was very good and it was good to have a different type/style of food. Our service was ok although the waitress was a little forgetful and managed to forget a couple of drinks and vinegar. She was from Alabama and had a really strong accent, which made her hard to understand, she was very good with the boys though. The bill was a very cheap $80 plus tip. Cracker Barrel is great value and is a little different to the other restaurants. Also it’s worth noting that they don’t serve alcohol. It I a nice family style restaurant that I do enjoy visiting when over the pond.

As we left the restaurant there were a few spits and spots of rain, I hoped this wouldn’t ruin our evening, as I really wanted to see the new firework show. Luckily the rain stayed away. We got to MK just after 5pm, paid our $20 to park, which Lee was delighted with (tight wad).

We caught the monorail over and when we got off we headed towards Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin, as we had managed to book FP’s for 5.20-6.20pm. Lee managed to beat everyone by loads; I rode with Lucas who absolutely loved it. We all agreed it was nowhere near as good as TSM. We planned to meet Buzz but the queue was mahoosive so we didn’t bother. We hopped onto the people mover, which is a definite family favourite, we always go on this.

Lee took the opportunity to scare the boys in the dark tunnel. We checked on the queue times around the park and they were quite long. Space Mountain showing 75 mins, even the Astro Orbitor was 80 minutes! In the end we went for Dumbo, well I say we, what I mean is I, went for Dumbo. It was only a 15-minute wait. Lee, Sue and Dick sat off while I went on with the boys. I love Dumbo but it felt like as soon as I got on the ride was over. Lee then took the boys on Goofy’s Barnstormer, although the wait time was posted as 20 minutes, it was more like ½ hour. The boys were very under whelmed and said it was over way too quickly.

It was now very humid, we made our way to the 7DMT as we had a FP for 7.20-8.20pm, unfortunately when we arrived there we were told the ride was down due to technical issues. A CM told us our FP would be valid for any other ride in the park apart from Peter Pan. We asked if they knew when it would be up and running but we were told they had no idea. After a quick discussion we decided to go on the Haunted Mansion, mainly because it was the closet ride we hadn’t been on. The boys thought it was funny despite Lee trying to scare them. By the time we got off it was 7.45pm and the park was heaving, we decided to make our way to Main Street and find a place to watch the Fireworks. We sat on the kerb opposite the Ice Cream Parlour.

We grabbed some drinks and held our ground. There was still just over an hour to go. Lee wanted an ice cream but the queue was miles long, plus he knew if he moved he wasn’t getting his space back. It was possibly the longest hour of the holiday but we knew it would be worth it. Some people were really rude and were knocking small children out of the way to get a better view.

The show began bang on time and it was so worth the wait. Both the boys loved it and were transfixed. I never thought that they could better wishes but this is AMAZING. Inside me I was beaming standing in the happiest place on earth with the people that mean the most to me in the entire world, I could happily have died in that moment. It so very special, that I cannot put it into words. My description or pictures do not do it justice, I would definitely 100% recommend you see the fireworks.

When the show was over it was a stampede to the exit, we used an old DIBB trick and exited via the shops, it was so much quicker. The place was packed but we were on the monorail by 9.40pm. It was standing room only and we were all shattered but it was such a lovely evening. We were in the car by 9.50pm, which was a lot quicker than expected. We commented how quickly they disperse crowds where as in England if you go to and event with 30000 people you are stuck in a car park for at least 2 hours. We were back at the Villa by 10.30pm and despite the sore feet and tired bodies we all agreed it was worth it.

Thank God we had a rest day planned tomorrow
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I can't wait to see the new Happily Ever After show at MK. I love the music for it already.
Another 'relaxing' water park day.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 17, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great day Kerry xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, what a 'rest' day, I am tired just reading about it! The boys looked like the had a ball at Blizzard Beach.

Cracker Barrel sounds great, definitely on my to-do list.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Happily Ever After is magical! Definitely worth the wait
Old 16 Jan 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

You certainly made the most of the day. I feel for grandma up those steps! Thanks for your report.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
You really can't beat a night at the parks watching the fireworks can you!?
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List