Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 29 Sep 17, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shall we, sharn't we, oh for goodness sake, book it! Day 2

So I'm awake at 3am this morning, the time difference has really hit me this time! Was awake for about an hour then I went back to sleep till about 7am. Breakfast in the room today, coffee and a cinnamon bun.

We meet Jane and Chris and drive to the Venetian. A Gondola ride is planned! Very cheesy, but hey, this is Vegas! We choose to do the indoor Gondola ride and buy tickets from the most miserable individual, she must have hated her job and she clearly didn't like people. Cost us $116 for a Gondola for four people. Our gondolier is called Alberto, he insists on singing for us, he asks if we would like 'one cornetto' but we decline. He sings 'that's Amore', he's actually quite good! We have just over ten minutes and it's certainly an experience!

We wander round some of the shops but don't buy anything, we keep telling ourselves this is a budget holiday!

We head outside, it's a perfect day, clear blue sky and 85 degrees. We walk along to the Wynn.

We take a stroll inside, more high end shops with no one in them! I don't know how they all stay open, I never see anyone in any of them!

It's time for lunch so we head to the Venetian food court. Panda Express, sound like a plan!

I have Orange Chicken, Beijing Beef and rice, Richard has, Orange Chicken, something pork, noodles and a spring roll, with a large drink the bill is $23. I can't see me eating a large meal tonight as well!

Pool time for a couple of hours then back to the room where I write up my trip notes.

Showers etc and we walk to the Miracle Mile shops, or the Mile High shops as Jane insists on calling them! We spend quite a bit in Crazy Shirts and meet Jane and Chris, none of us are really hungry so we go our separate ways and arrange to meet tomorrow.

We spot an Earl of Sandwich, great tea choice. We buy two Original sandwiches to take back to the room. Along with crisps, veggies and dip it makes a lovely tea.

We watch a trashy 80's film on You Tube on our iPad, our tv's have been down all day so haven't even seen the news! Early night, jet lag still lagging! TTFN
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 04:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Not just in Vegas, but I sometimes wonder how some shops manage to stay open with so little custom!

Sounds like a relaxing day! Perfect temperature too!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Ooh that chinese food looks good...
Weather sounds perfect too...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Love Panda Express glad you manages to get back to sleep for a while
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Fab photo of you both
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Great day. Beautiful flowers in the the Wynn.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Rob & Jan
Being a bit Goofy

Lovely photo of you both , the Gondola is a bit cheesy but has to be done. Really enjoining you daily update, hope the jet lag gets better.
Rob & Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Yuck, I really do not enjoy the Jetlag and I am sure it gets worse with every trip...think that is just my age though!

The hotels are beautiful, I have enjoyed your photos.
Your tea looks perfect, especially when I haven't had any yet and have no idea what to have 😀
Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I love a room picnic! I often wonder about going on the gondolas...would you do it again?
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 17, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love a room picnic! I often wonder about going on the gondolas...would you do it again?
I've don't it now so I wouldn't do it again, it only lasts 10ish minutes so it's pretty expensive for what you get. It was fun though!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List