Old 4 Oct 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Chasing Sunsets - Day 9 - Rest Day and Smokey Bones

DAY 9 – Wednesday 24th May – REST DAY

This rest day was certainly needed as we had a very busy few days. The boys were up at 7.30am, not sure they get the whole ‘rest day’ concept
As we didn’t have any plans we dozed until 8.30am. The original plan was for Lee and Dick to go and play golf but when checking on the forecast throughout the week there was an increasing risk of storms, so they didn’t want to risk getting soaked.
We made our way downstairs and heard Dick and Sue talking to someone, it was the ‘pool guy’. He was telling Dick how he has seen a couple of alligators in the lake just outside the villa!

Rest days for us basically mean a bit of shopping, Sue wanted to go to JC Penney. After a bit of research we found there was one at ‘the Loop’ so that was where we went. We arrived just before 11am it was very quiet. Sue bought a top and I got some bottoms to wear at netball. We strolled around the Loop, as we had never been there before. We went into Bed, Bath and Beyond, a shop i have been wanting to take a look in in the states for a long time but never made it. I loved this shop, loads of little bits for the house. I was after a Mickey and Minnie quilt cover but they never had any
I was imagining owning a Villa and then kitting it out in all the lovely stuff they sold in here.
Next up was our ever favourite, Aeropostle, where I managed to buy a summer jacket for $12 in the sale. Also picked up some t-shirts and a hoody for $25.

We then had our daily fix of ice cream in the Ben & Jerry’s shop. Our 4 ice creams cost more than my hoody and t-shirts but they were very nice. No other shops of interest so we decided to head back via Walmart Super Centre just down from Medieval Times. We were in there ages and I think we only got ½ way round it. The boys spotted the McDonalds inside and had a happy meal each. Sue and Dick also had a burger as they had not had any breakfast. We came out of Walmart just after 3pm and just as we were loading the car the heavens opened and within seconds we were drenched.

Lee and Dick were gentlemen and loaded the car while the ladies and the children stayed dry. The rain continued on the way home, the wind also got up and it was very difficult to drive.

The storm knocked a couple of sets of traffic lights out on the 192, I just took it steady and made sure we got home safe. By the time we made it home the rain had stopped and it was beginning to warm up again.

The boys were gutted as the rain meant they could not go straight into the pool. Lee was quite happy as he found the Man Utd vs Ajax match on TV. Sue and I caught up with facebook before getting ready for dinner.

We decided on Smokey Bones tonight.

this place is very much one of my favourites. I haven’t wrote down what we had but it was very nice and they boys were happy as there were game consoles available to play although I have wrote down this caused a few arguments. Keanu was our server, he was very good another waiter who never wrote anything down and did the orders from memory, the bill was just short of $100.

We ordered a bag of donuts for back at the villa. The weather was a lot better and despite having just eaten the boys were in the pool straight away. The pool was like a warm bath the pool heating was definitely working properly. It was lovely to watch the boys messing about in the evening sun; they would happily play in the pool all day and miss out the theme parks.

The rest of the evening was very chilled, lots of boring stuff like washing and ironing. Jacob played pool and basketball in the games room. After the boys went to bed the adults watched Jack Reacher, which took 3 hrs 45mins due to adverts. It had been a much-needed chill out day, we were back to the parks tomorrow and the plan was to go to Magic Kingdom
LLKJDisney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Great day Kerry, I shall look out for your new netball gear! Xx
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love Aeropostale, you can get great bargains, I wonder if anyone ever buys anything full price there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely chill out day! Driving in the rain and storms can be scary over there can't it!?
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List