Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Oct 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hurricane? What hurricane? Universal & Disney Sept. 2017 - Day 15, AK and shopping

The dining report for today is here.

Today was supposed be an early start taking advantage of EMH at AK but it didn’t turn out that way. We can always manage to get to an 8am ADR but without that requirement to be somewhere Marie faffs about. We had a coffee in the room with a plan to get an Elephant Ear Pastry for breakfast. We didn’t leave the resort until 8.30am and by the time we actually got into the park it was 8.55am so we didn’t really see any of EMH.

The crowds were going to Pandora and FoP so we headed to the safari as we didn’t have a FP for it today. It was walk-on. We saw loads of animal the highlight being an Ankole scratching it’s behind with its horn and an elephant doing a poo.

After the safari we decided to go for our Elephant Ear Pastry at Kusafiri bakery. We stood in a big queue only to find out they were sold out.
We had a look around for another option but couldn’t see anything and since we were now getting hangry I decided to look and see if Tusker House had any breakfast slots left. We got one at 10.40am.

We had time before breakfast for our Flight of Passage FP. This was fantastic as usual. I had the great idea to tuck the glasses into my hair as they had been falling off on previous rides. This worked well and the ride was much better.

We then went for breakfast. It was fine but I got full really quickly and didn’t feel like I got my moneys worth!

Next was our Expedition Everest FP. We were in the front row this time and it was a fantastic ride! It really does make a difference where you are in the ride vehicle. We also noticed the test seat for EE which is in a much more discrete place than the FoP one round at the side of the ride.

Our dinosaur FP was immediately after so we wandered round for that. After we’d used it I checked MDE for a FoP FP but the only one I could get was for 5.20pm. I took it in case we decided to go back (we didn’t so I cancelled it .)

We had a look in the shops on the way out. Two of our nieces had asked for Beshte from the Lion Guard so we went looking for that. We also got a giraffe plush for Marie and an okapi for me. Now ro find room for all of those!

We left the park at that point with the intention of going to Walmart. I wondered if there might be one closer than the one on Turkey Lake road so went on to the 192. We then had no idea where Walmart was so decided to go to Super Target instead. Then we got fed up driving up that road so when we got to the 535 we turned up into that instead remembering there was a Walmart on that road. We got a few t-shirts for our nieces that we hadn’t seen in the other store and some other bits and bobs.

Continuing back to Disney took us past the Lake Buena Vista outlet so we stopped in there for a look. They advertised a Disney outlet but when we drove round all we could see was a “Theme Park Outlet” which just sold some unofficial Disney tat. We did get some Converse t-shirts and a Fossil watch for me.

We went to Disney Springs although when we got there we weren’t sure why! I bought some mini bath bombs in Basin as presents and we popped in to Ghirardelli only to find the half price tins we’d been eyeing up were all gone.
We considered buying this .

In case you can't see it the price is $10250.

We left DS and went back to the resort to get showered and changed for out Yachtsman ADR doing some packing before we went so we didn’t have to do it later.

We had a lovely meal at the Yachtsman as always and were able to sub dessert for soup or a salad so we planned to use some snack credits at the Boardwalk Bakery for dessert. It was a nice walk from the Yacht Club across to the Boardwalk and didn’t take too long.

We got a Strawberry and vanilla cupcake for me and an éclair for Marie and took them back to the room to have.

Steps 18076

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Shame the half price tins were gone. I enjoyed walking around the Boardwalk, I think the walk from the YC to get desserts would be a perfect end to the evening-hope the cakes were nice!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A lovely morning at AK. Seems like you had a bit of a faff driving around trying to find the shop. Lovely photos of Boardwalk in the evening it's such a pretty resort.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Shame the half price tins were gone. I enjoyed walking around the Boardwalk, I think the walk from the YC to get desserts would be a perfect end to the evening-hope the cakes were nice!
I know we wanted them for Christmas presents .
The walk was a lovely way to end the evening and burn off some of that food!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A lovely morning at AK. Seems like you had a bit of a faff driving around trying to find the shop. Lovely photos of Boardwalk in the evening it's such a pretty resort.
It really is and it was a nice time to get photos too at twilight.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

The Boardwalk is so beautiful , lovely pics. Pretty good morning at AK but you are not in luck with those pastries sold out and then those tins too! Bit of a faff with the shopping but glad you did pick up some bits.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
The Boardwalk is so beautiful , lovely pics. Pretty good morning at AK but you are not in luck with those pastries sold out and then those tins too! Bit of a faff with the shopping but glad you did pick up some bits.
I know the Elephant Ear pastry was on my hit list! Still is now!
Old 31 Oct 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Lovely Boardwalk pictures, my favourite area! We never saw it at night this year.

I had a nightmare with the glasses on Flight of Passage, my hair is really thin so I don't think I'd have much luck tucking them in to them. I was (irrationally) paranoid I was going to fall to my death because I wasn't holding on with both hands like they tell you too.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Lovely Boardwalk pictures, my favourite area! We never saw it at night this year.

I had a nightmare with the glasses on Flight of Passage, my hair is really thin so I don't think I'd have much luck tucking them in to them. I was (irrationally) paranoid I was going to fall to my death because I wasn't holding on with both hands like they tell you too.
. I wonder if you could buy those sports bands and if they could be attached! Or maybe if enough of us tell Disney they might fix them!

Trip Report Index