Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 Nov 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Day 11- 5 Parks 1 day challenge + broadwalk :) If you can dream it you can do it - May 2017

5 parks 1 day challenge

The day started pretty early this morning. We woke up around 6:45am to get ready for the long day ahead. We had a set plan on how the day was meant to run so we were hoping to stick to the times as much as possible. We decided that today we were going to make things more interesting by adding a 5th park to the day,this was going to a waterpark! We figured if it all went pear shaped then we still would have done four disney park.

In the planning stages we set some rules of what we wanted to achieve in each park which are as follows.

In each park we had to:

Eat in each park
Have a picture in each park
Ride 3 attractions
Buy a pin
Get a pressed penny
Use every mode of transport
Walk around as much of the park as possible (this was because we didn't want to walk into the park do everything at the front then leave so we thought we would make it more difficult.

so onto the day after getting washed and dressed we made our way out to the bus stop at around 8am. We knew animal kingdom didn't open until 9am but we wanted to make sure we were there and waiting at the park for rope drop. The bus ride was fairly standard and nothing too eventful happened.

We arrived at the park at 8:30 and made sure we had a photo in front of the park before heading in.

As we walked up to the park we brought our pressed penny and pin before heading through the turnstiles and into the waiting area ready for rope drop.

The park opened dead on 9am and we headed straight for It’s tough to be a bug, our thinking was it was straight in front of us and we could get the first attraction out the way quite quickly. The ride was a walk on and as good as ever, i will never get bored of this attraction and it still gets me every time

We next walked around to dinosaur, it said it was a 5 minute wait but it was actually a walk on by the time we got though all the line. I think this ride is totally under rated. I love this ride. This year was the first time i got to ride it as i was ill the last visit and never made it on. We exited the ride into what was the first and only huge rain storm of the trip!

We tried to hide it out in one of the shops but figured the more time we waited in here the less time we had completing our challenge. We started to walk around the park but stop again further round in dinoland to shelter from the rain again. After around 10 minutes or so we decided to just carry on walking round as we were already soaking wet anyway, the next ride was going to be the rapids so we made our way around, it was fairly easy to get around the park as everyone else was taking cover from the rain.

When we eventually made it to the rapids the queue time said 15 minutes but it was actually a walk on. We surprisingly weren't the only people in our raft and the other families that were on kept going round while the queue time was so short. We decided since we still had time and the queue was still a walk on we would go on the rapids again making this time round the bonus ride of this park!

We weren't going to dry off anytime soon but we hoped this wasn't going to put a stop to the day after the first park had gone so well. We made our way round the the fruit market has mum really wanted to get something from here for our snack. We used two snack credits and shared a Carmel and apple snack pot and a grape and cheese snack pot. Both definitely worth it as they were quite big and very filling.

After finishing up we made our way to the front of the park and to the bus station for blizzard beach. Time 10:45am

Park 1 complete
4 rides rode
1 snack eaten
1 picture taken
pin and penny brought

We arrived at blizzard beach at 11:45, I'm not exactly sure what took us so long as i didn't write that bit down but what i do know is it was still raining when we arrived. We took some pictures in the rain near the start of the park and headed into the shop to buy our pin.

Pin brought we walked around to the locker hire to hire a locker for the morning. We had brought spare clothes with us as we knew we’d be going to the water park today.

Once changed and ready to go we made our way to the lazy river to start, it was still slightly raining at this point but we figured we were going to be wet in the water anyway it didn't matter too much. A lot of the cast members were saying thanks for coming today as the park was pretty empty, not that it bothered us as it meant we could complete the rides quicker and be on our way. we stayed on the lazy river for a whole lap which equals to 23 minutes. Its nice to relax for a while and although it was raining it wasn't overly cold.

Next we made our way up the stairs to team boat springs, as there was only two of us we had to wait about 5 minutes for another party to come and join us but someone soon came along and we enjoyed our ride down, i must admit this went up the sides much higher than i remembered i thought i was going to fall out at one point. Never the less a very good ride and i would ride more if you didn't have to wait for other people to join.

We next made our way back up those damn stairs to toboggan racers, we’ve not done this before but it was so much fun. You might wonder why we walk up the stairs and not take the stair lift but mum hates heights and loves the gym so that leaves poor me walking up the stairs every time.

This ride was so much fun we decided to go again, another bonus ride for this park! A bit of advise for this ride, which i already knew but clearly chose to ignore today. Do not wear a bikini on these rides, as i was coming down this ride for the second time my bikini top started to fall down more and more until i reached the pool at the bottom where it was no longer in position, luckily i managed to stay underwater until i sorted it out but definitely a lesson learnt

We were now done in this park, we headed back to the locker and got ourself changed. Last time we were here you had to pay for towel hire but noticed this time its free. We had spotted some mini donuts on the way in so thats where we were heading next for our snack for this park. They were really yummy and we got a fair amount for the price of them.

We had been searching for a pressed penny machine for the time we were here, we looked in the shop previously but we still couldn't find one which was a shame, we were just about to leave when mum walked back through the shop and found the penny machine tucked away in the corner. Thank goodness. With penny in hand we made our way back to the bus stop to make our way to Hollywood studios.

Time 12:40pm

Park 2 complete

4 rides rode
pressed penny and pin
snack eaten
photos in the park

The next part of the day was slightly annoying. We knew there was no bus from Blizzard beach to Hollywood studios however we didn't imagine it to take quite this long!

We arrived at the bus stop at blizzard beach at 12:40pm however we had just missed a bus so had to wait 20 minutes before another arrived. Not too bad at this point and we were still on time, we got the bus to Coronado springs at 1pm, once we arrived there we missed the bus for hollywood studios so had to wait until 1:30pm before the next bus arrived! This put us back slightly as we had fast passes booked in hollywood studios that we were now missing.

We arrived at the studios at 1:40pm the bus journeys themselves really dont take too long its the waiting for them the takes the time. By the time we had entered the park we were already into our reservation time for scifi so we hot footed it around and luckily they still managed to seat us after around a 5 minute wait.

We really loved the food and theming here. We were sat in one of the cars and we really enjoyed watching the old style films on the tv in front. Some people may not enjoy it as much in here as you do have people you dont know sat behind you but we didn't find this to be an issue, its also quite dark in here and when the food came out you couldn't see it clearly, again this didn't bother us as the food quality was great but just something to bear in mind if your thinking of trying here.

Mum had a nice salmon salad and then a waffle for dessert and i had a cossiant sandwich and apple crisp for dessert. Both lovely and both on the dining plan. The service wasn't bad at all, some points i thought were really slow but i think its because i just wanted to get in and out. However we left at 2:50pm so it really didn't take that long to have a table service meal.

We were power walking around to toy story mania as we had a fastness booked, took around 10 minutes but the stands queue was 90 minutes so time well spent. I finally won the game, mum is so good at this game i dont understand how she does it and wins every time, it was probably a fluke but i finally won for once yay!

Like i mentioned earlier we missed the other two fast passes we had which was quite annoying so we made our way round to the great movie ride which we were going to ride anyway. Standby line was 30 minutes but it took about 15 minutes, would have really helped our timings if we had managed our fastpass for the next two rides as hollywood studios really set us back.

The ride is as good as ever although I'm sad to learn that its now closed down, i know it wasn't the best but it was still a classic in my opinion. I’ll be interested to see what replaces it.

Next round to star tour, the standby was 25 minutes but took about 40! some of the theatres were broken, this was a bad judgement call, i had it in my head this was the ride we were riding however i feel like we would have been better going on something else.

We managed to ride and i was chosen to be the rebel spy We were really running behind so we quickly grabbed our pressed penny and pin. We took our photo in the park and made our way to the boat.

Park 3 complete

3 Attractions rode
1 meal eaten
Pressed penny and pin brought
Pictures taken

We got straight onto the boat luckily, this is the second type of transport of the day. The boat was completely full so we stood at the front. We got off at the swan and dolphin and made the short walk over to the boardwalk. Once we arrived we took a slow stroll around looking in the shops as we went. We also brought a pressed penny on the boardwalk as we were walking around.

Eventually making it to international gate way at 5:15pm so somehow we had made up some time and was only 15 minutes behind our schedule.

We arrived in the park and took a right so we could go anticlockwise around the park making sure we walked around as much as we could.

We stopped off in Mexico to ride the three caballeros. The wait time was 10 minutes long but it was a walk on. A cute little ride and an easy thing to jump on with such short ride times.

We wondered round to the future world and jumped on living with the land, the standby was 15 minutes however while on the boat ride i booked a fastness for this ride so it was a walk on. I love this ride, you will see we did the behind the seeds tour when the rest of the trip report is uploaded and it was amazing. I love all the information it provided and really was worth the money This ride is just brilliant and for me and mum really interesting as we are into growing fruit and veg.

We walked over to Nemo and friends which was a 5 minute wait time, it was a walk on just had to get through all line. A cute ride and nice to have a 5 minute sit down to be honest at this point we were starting to flag slightly.

We brought our pin and pressed penny from a near by shop then made our way over to test track as we decided to ride it single rider. Single rider queue was 30 minutes and standby was 90 however we were on in 15 minutes. I love this ride, i dont find not designing your car a problem as the ride itself is still good fun.

We stopped off at club cool for some free drinks at this point we needed them!

We could find a snack we wanted up in future world and we didn't want to go back down to the world showcase so I'm afraid we skipped out on the food in this park. We took our picture in front of one of the gardens and made our way to the monorail for 7pm. 30 minutes earlier than planned.

Park 4 Mostly done

4 rides
1 photo
pin and pressed penny
no snack

We took the monorail to magic kingdom and arrived by 7:30pm. By this point we had used all modes of transport to get us around, bus, walking, boat and monorail.

We walked straight round to POC said it was a 20 minute wait turned out to be about 35 minutes which took us ages, still worth it though its a good little ride although i can never understand how the queue line can get so big for this.

While on the monorail i had booked a fastpass for the hunted mansion so we went straight round and it was a walk on, mum has found a new love for this ride this year so we did have to ride it multiple times.

This is mums scary face for haunted mansion You can probably tell by the photos we are now knackered!

We walked round the back of the castle and decided to stay put and watch the fireworks from back here. You obviously dont get the projections on the front of the castle but its actually a really nice way to watch the fireworks without the hussle and bustle of main street. If you've ever got a free moment i would defiantly recommend watching it from both the front and the back of the castle. We managed to have a sit down on a near by wall as we watched the show and it was a really lovely way to finish the evening off!

After the fireworks has finished we went round to the little mermaid, standby was 10 minutes but it was a walk on. Again we missed out on a snack in this park, we were just so tired by this point and didn't really fancy anything to eat.

We made our way to main street and brought our pin and pressed penny.

We took our photo outside the train station before heading to the bus stop at 10pm. We arrived back to animal kingdom lodge at 10:55pm

We went round to mona to grab a quick service meal to take back to the room and eventually arrived back at 11:20pm to eat our food and get a well deserved rest!

18 rides
5 parks plus the boardwalk
13.5 hours in the park and a very achey body the next day.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. If you have any comments or other rules for the day i would be interested to hear them as me and my boyfriend will be doing the challenge again next year. We really enjoyed the day and didnt feel like it was rushed even though it was on a time limit.

Ive uploaded this first before the rest of the day purely because i was excited to write it to be honest. The rest of the trip report will be coming!

Until next time

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
wow - an epic day! I feel tired just reading about it - well done!

Thanks for sharing x
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow, good effort. I’ve just asked our whatsapp group if they fancy giving this a go!
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
wow - an epic day! I feel tired just reading about it - well done!

Thanks for sharing x
It truly was a great day! Haha I felt just as tired writing it 😂

Thanks for reading!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mamie Baldwin View Post
Wow, good effort. I’ve just asked our whatsapp group if they fancy giving this a go!

It was so much fun! We were aiming to also go to Disney springs but we couldn’t hack it! Maybe next year for sure!

You should definitely give it a go, a lot of fun for sure!
Old 13 Nov 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Wow what a brilliant day! You did really well, I’m tired just reading it
We did the Behind The Seeds tour this year too and loved it. I’m not even that interested in growing plants etc but DH really want to do it and I’m glad we did.
Our holidays may have crossed over too, we were there 24th April - 12th May
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Wow what a brilliant day! You did really well, I’m tired just reading it
We did the Behind The Seeds tour this year too and loved it. I’m not even that interested in growing plants etc but DH really want to do it and I’m glad we did.
Our holidays may have crossed over too, we were there 24th April - 12th May

Haha thank you, it truly was a great day! I can understand why people like to try and do as much as possible it’s good fun! The day never felt rushed and actually went extremely quickly!

It was really good wasn’t it!? And nice to see behind the ride as well I found!

Ah yes they would have done! If only we were back there now!
Old 14 Nov 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I really enjoy reading about these challenges and I definitely want to give the 4 parks in one day a go next summer...if I add in a water park I will struggle to get my kids to leave, so that would definitely put us back on the schedule. I like the order you did the parks and the modes of transport, I've written this down in my notebook. I'd thought of some of the things on your list and I think I want to add meeting a character at each park! I like your idea of actually walking round the park too and not just nipping in the entrance.

A great day, looking forward to the rest of the trip updates.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I really enjoy reading about these challenges and I definitely want to give the 4 parks in one day a go next summer...if I add in a water park I will struggle to get my kids to leave, so that would definitely put us back on the schedule. I like the order you did the parks and the modes of transport, I've written this down in my notebook. I'd thought of some of the things on your list and I think I want to add meeting a character at each park! I like your idea of actually walking round the park too and not just nipping in the entrance.

A great day, looking forward to the rest of the trip updates.
You so should, it takes a little planning but its so worth it! Well 4 parks is still so much fun to do! You can add more rides to make it a bigger challenge!
The order made the most sense after the research I did over the transport.

I like that idea hadn’t really thought about adding a character but it would make it more interesting! I’ve added that to my list

Thank you! And thanks for reading 😊
Old 24 Feb 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow what a busy day. Well done for keepng going when you got tired. I really like the idea of getting a pin and a pressed penny in each park. I think I will add in getting a pressed penny when we try the challenge again. I would add in the pin too but the girls would argue if I only got 1 and it would get a bit expensive to get 3! I could manage 3 pressed pennies though.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List