British Airways
Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
US Rent A Car

Old 17 Oct 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Excited about Disney

Rock n rollercoaster - for the taller person, the front of each cars have more leg room. Ive been lucky and the cast members have made sure i get a front one, my legs dont physically fit in the rears.

Last edited by martyn321; 18 Oct 17 at 09:09 AM.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trying out the French one!
Old 29 Oct 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzaii
Getting to know the DIBB

Little update, I did not fit into manta, just too tight, did not try mako as ran out of time. Did kraken twice.
Most important tho was Pandora I tried the test seat outside and thought I wont get on that, went in sat down, pushed myself forward and went in easily, after 10 days of eating rubbish I thought I had no chance.

Last edited by dazzaii; 31 Oct 17 at 03:41 PM.
dazzaii is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for the update been waiting for it being Pooh sized myself.

Great news about FOP. I'll be so upset if I don't fit but you have given me hope. Do you have large calves?
Old 29 Oct 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dazzaii View Post
I am in Disney at the moment, now for large men, I am 6,2 and 23 stone (not all muscle :-). )

So far I managed to get on hulk, just.
Could not get on Gringotts but a cast member told me those are not the bigger seats and if u ask for row 3 seats are bigger. Queue was over an hour so did not try. Will update when/if I do try.

Could not get on forbidden journey, but was close. Because I did not fit on my whole family got a fast pass for the ride, which was greatfully received.

Flight of passage, I tried the test seat and according to the wife I just Fit, have fast passes tomorrow so will find out.

Also did not fit on rip ride rocket, but again I was close to getting on.

Will update when I have tried others
You sound a similar size to me (depending on where the weight is) but most of my height is above the waist if you know what I mean ...

I also couldn't get on Gringott's test seat but, believe the cast member and me, ask for the bigger seats (IIRC they are actually the last row in each 'car') and you will get on

I wasn't able to get on Hulk (but am never very good at rides where the 'harness' comes down over your shoulders) and Rip Ride Rocket just felt like a massive concrete block on my stomach (not ashamed to say it really did hurt)
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The 50th birthday trip
Old 30 Oct 17, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzaii
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

I do have big calves but it wasnt my legs that was the problem it was more my stomach but as long as u slide in as far as u possibly can u should be ok. The ride locked in without anyone pushing the back support. To be honest I really dont understand why they make the ride so small anyway, its a simulator its not a rollercoaster.
dazzaii is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thank Totally agree as it's a simulator. Can't see why that can have a few different sizes to accomodate more people.
Old 1 Nov 17, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MiaRobbo
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Was in Universal today - am around a 20/22 and just round all over. Got on row 4 of Rip ride rocket(modified row) and it closed comfortably. No problem on Mummy and was just a slight tight squeeze on Gringotts. All others I went on before, I was fine. Have also been to MK, AK and Hollywood studios - have had no issues with any of the rides BUT have yet to do FOP...
MiaRobbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando...we're FINALLY coming back!
Old 3 Nov 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
VIP Dibber

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Day 8 of eating rubbish dress size 20, 5 foot 8 inches tall and 17stones 10. Fitted on with no bother, Didnt need any help with the back or leg restraints. The ride was great and got to do it twice, we had 2 fast passes, the standby line was 3 hours both days.
Old 4 Nov 17, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MiaRobbo
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Ok...didnt fit on Mako(slightly disappointed as my son declared it the best coaster he was on) but was easily able to do Manta, Kraken was a bit tighter but it closed...
MiaRobbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Orlando...we're FINALLY coming back!
Old 22 Nov 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MiaRobbo View Post
Was in Universal today - am around a 20/22 and just round all over. Got on row 4 of Rip ride rocket(modified row) and it closed comfortably. No problem on Mummy and was just a slight tight squeeze on Gringotts.
Good to know Rip Ride has a modified row (wish I had known that last time as I walked away because I couldn't get in the test seat) - gives me confidence that I might actually get on it when we next visit @ Easter.

Is the general consensus that Seaworld is more or less forgiving than Universal ?
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The 50th birthday trip