Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Discount Florida Car Hire

Old 29 Nov 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
SuperK
Earning More Ears

Universal Lanyard/Express Pass holder - laminate

Staying at RPR, I know you can buy holders/lanyards onsite (or should I get some before I go) but it sounds as if the paper Express Passes are prone to getting wet, would it be worth using "self seal laminate pouches" on the paper passes?

Once we are in the park(s) am I right in thinking that we only need to have the Express Passes to hand and our Entry Tickets can be safely stored away.
SuperK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Old 29 Nov 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisJoandBen89
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SuperK View Post
Staying at RPR, I know you can buy holders/lanyards onsite (or should I get some before I go) but it sounds as if the paper Express Passes are prone to getting wet, would it be worth using "self seal laminate pouches" on the paper passes?

Once we are in the park(s) am I right in thinking that we only need to have the Express Passes to hand and our Entry Tickets can be safely stored away.
We recently stayed at RPR, and our room keycards doubled as our Express Passes. Our actual park tickets were paper, and for this reason we bought a landyard each on site. We were also able to store our keycards in with our tickets.
The only time you will need your ticket once you're in the park, is if you want to go on the Hogwarts Express.
Old 29 Nov 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The paper passes are now obsolete as of last year so you should be ok whatever you choose.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
House of the mouse
Old 29 Nov 17, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

yes, EPs are now obsolete

but, just a quick reminder since we're talking about laminating : if you have the universal paper (tyvvek) tickets (14 days / multiday) tickets, do not laminate them

fist of all you're not supposed to, because it's considered altering the ticket, and it may no longer be accepted, but it also seems that some laminating will render the ticket unreadable by the barcode scanners at the parks

you could be ruining your tickets even before hitting the first water ride ... (or before entering any park for that matter)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

Mobile

We bought lanyards from the shop at RPR last year & they have a plastic card holder on them to prevent them from getting wet. We just slid our park tickets in them & the paper express passes (which you now don't do as your room key is your express pass)
The 'Think i'll take 2 chickens with that' August 18 Food Report **live..ish' is here
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
19 days Miami/HRH/POFQ/villa