Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
I take my bridge camera. I used to take my laptop too but after getting my iPad I bought an adaptor so I could upload the photos from the memory card directly to the iPad each day.

I never had any issues when taking a laptop.
Old 4 Dec 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

oh, just a thing about the laptop

the only requirement is that your device be fully charged when going through security or at the boarding gate.

you *might* be required to power it on at these points

The reason I mention is because I've seen some passengers/forum users who take *old* devices with washed out batteries, and that would only work when plugged in to the mains.

whatever you take, make sure it will be able to power on on its own

if it requires to be plugged in to run, you might not be allowed to board the plane with it.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

I take a bridge camera and a laptop, not had any issues on previous trips. My camera is small enough to fit in my normal park bag, so doesn't necessitate lugging round anything extra.

I've gone to a few gigs this year where I've taken pics from the same position on both my camera and my phone, and while me phone is good "enough", there's no real comparison! My camera also allows my to do things like burst shots, where I can point, press and it takes several in a row, which is great for fireworks.

Admittedly, we only tend to do Disney, as we didn't like Universal when we went.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Having just come back and taken phone, compact (TZ60) and bridge (FZ82) I would most definitely say take a camera. The zoom of the camera is much better and guaranteed someone tall or will plonk a child on their shoulders in front of you, a dedicated zoom is a must to get round this! Evening/low light shots, you'll have much more control with a camera.

Don't forget to do some panorama shots wit the phone, much easier than stitching them together in Photoshop!
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone for your input really helps. Hopefully I can manage more than one day in some parks & can take the big camera sometimes & rely on the phone the rest of the time.

Thanks for the laptop info too, I will keep the lead with me. Weird it's ok to take a lead on that you could strangle someone with but not more than 100 ml of liquid but I guess they know what they're doing. It's ok I don't plan to strangle anyone just an observation.
Old 5 Dec 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suecee View Post
Thanks for the laptop info too, I will keep the lead with me. Weird it's ok to take a lead on that you could strangle someone with but not more than 100 ml of liquid but I guess they know what they're doing. It's ok I don't plan to strangle anyone just an observation.
100ml and over can be enough for explosives. You could hold a plane hostage.

You'd quickly be overpowered by passengers / staff if you tried to strangle somebody.
Bal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List