Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jan 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We're not open Christmas Eve- let's fly to Florida -Day 7 - Dec 31st, a little Disney!

So today we slept till 7.10am! Obviously all the hard work yesterday wore us out. I can hardly move this morning, I have muscles upon muscles that ache!

We make bacon and egg sandwiches for breakfast after which we Potter about a bit. I clean a Mark off one of the kitchen chairs and Richard silicones the insert into the middle of the table.

My sandwich for your viewing pleasure!

We're heading to Celebration this morning for the Farmers Market, it's such a lovely morning I can't resist a photo of the villa.

Spectacularly bad driving on the 192 this morning and we Pass a 3 car crash. Thankfully we get there in one piece. People are still moaning its cold, but believe me it's not! It's a gorgeous morning and it's lovely and warm although the next few days are meant to be pretty grotty.

We wander round to Starbucks, you'll have realised by now that we like our coffee! This was our view while drink a cappuccino and eat a cranberry orange scone!

Home via Publix for beer and bread! A sarnie for lunch sitting with the AC off and the door open.

Our cat sitter posts this and we can see it on our cctv!

We do our packing as we are off to SSR for 3 nights, we take some bread, ham, cheese etc so we can have lunch/breakfast in our room.

On the way to SSR we call at our friends to collect our new camera. Another coffee is consumed and more chat and laughs, plans to meet up later in the week.

We've planned our route, 192, I4 and then the 536, the sat navy wants to take us somewhere completely different so we just wing it in the end! We want to avoid World Drive as I've read on FB that someone has been sat in a queue of cars for 1.5 hrs trying to get to Epcot!😳

We find SSR and check in easily but slowly, they need more staff on at busy times. We are given a room in the Springs, I ask for Congress Park as I've paid for preferred and we are given a lovely room not far from DS.

View from our balcony.

We go for a little stroll just to get our bearings then head back inside for showers and to get ready for our dinner reservation at the Boathouse.

We go to Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar for cocktails. A Mojito and a Fountain of Youth are consumed, both are very strong!

The cocktails cost us $23😳

We pay our bill and head to the Boathouse, well I stumble a little, that was a very strong cocktail!

Our phones are going mad as it's midnight back home!

We are seated in the Boathouse with no wait at all, this is why I made a reservation months ago. Yummy bread to start, Richard has a beer but I have a Diet Coke, I need to dilute that cocktail down a bit!
We have Calamari to start then I have a New York Steak and fries, Richard has fish tacos with a side of fries. Both are excellent. The service is superb too. A band sets up right behind me, just two guys who are really good, singing a bit of everything from Country to Van Morrison. We don't bother with dessert and our bill is $94.

We're stuffed! DS is very very busy! Full of people that stop dead in front of you, my pet hate!

Back to our room, I'm not a fan of New year really! Night night xx

Edited at 03:11 AM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Can’t beat a trip to Celebration

Joan
Old 1 Jan 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Great day looking forward to reading more 😀
Old 1 Jan 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Great insight into the work entailed in owning a villa, you all do a fantastic job, and it's why I book a Dibb villa. Looking forward to more as we're off to SSR in May.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

A nice break from working in the villa going to SSR for a few days.
Look at that beautiful blue sky... sigh...
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

So nice to see you & Richard having some relaxing time 👍
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Celebration pics look great. Nice food & cocktails to welcome in the New Year.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
PD. Lovely photos and a nice day.

I could say what room number you are in at SSR as I recognise it. I have stayed at most of them at Congress park over the years.
However I won't otherwise somebody may ring you.

I must say the Boathouse and Richards fish Tacos look very nice, thats our type of meal. Lovely.

Enjoy your stay there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Just catching up on your report! A busy few days - can’t believe you get fined for a dirty drive!
Looks like a beautiful sunny day in celebration and a lovely evening in DS
Old 2 Jan 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Food looks gorgeous
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List