Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Jan 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We're not open Christmas Eve, lets fly to Florida! Day 16 - Jan 9th - beach and cheesecake!

So today we sleep till 7.30 - blackout curtains!

A feast of rice crispies for breakfast.

We chill and don't leave the room till 10am, unheard of for us, we're real early birds!

The weather is amazing so we head for a walk along the pier and the beach. The pier is only open half way along due to hurricane damage, apparently it will take approx 10 months to fix.

A stunning photo Richard took of the pier, I'm hoping to get the little man photoshopped out!

We see Dolphins playing and lots of birds. Those of you that have read my reports before know how much we love Naples and we come here every Christmas. We're coming over in May for a month this year and have to leave the villa for the last 5 nights due to a booking, we're talking about coming back down here, we just love it!

We probably won't be staying at the Bellasera though as it's getting so expensive!

After our walk we pop to Publix to buy wraps for lunch tomorrow on the beach. The weather is set to be lovely.

From here we head to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, we sit outside in the sun, making the most of it as we won't be doing that next week!

I have a lunch sized😳 barbecue chicken salad and Richard has a tortilla salad.

The bill was $35, we use a gift card given to me as a Christmas Prezzie to pay most of it.

Then out to the Cheesecake counter! We bought a gift card ourselves and we're given 2 free slices of cheesecake!

We head to the beach using the hotel shuttle and soak up some sun for a couple of hours.

We decide not to go out again so we eat the wraps we bought for tomorrow's lunch along with some soup and cheesecake!

I had White chocolate raspberry truffle and Richard had Dulce de leche.

TTFN xx

Edited at 02:48 PM.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day and glad your taking advantage of the glorious weather

Joan
Old 11 Jan 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It looks like an amazing view! That pic your hubby took of the pier is beautiful and o actually think the little man makes the picture, a bit like the red coat girl in Schindlers list!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Lovely picture of the pier make the most of the weather it's freezing and really damp beside us
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Absolutely fab photos and the beach looks gorgeous. Enjoy!
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
PD. As already said, excellent photos especially the pier. Black & White can look so good.
I'm not being funny couldn't you have pushed that Guy off

Must be lovely to have some sun and warmth after the cold snap. Nice salads by the way.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Yep the temps down here has shot up to normal.
We have just returned from a morning on Captiva Island, just gorgeous! Love the Cheesecake Factory and in all the times we have been in that one in Naples, we have never noticed outside seating!
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Cheesecake does look tasty. The beach looks fab too.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I didn't notice the man till you said and even then I had to really look for him. I would frame this and put it on the wall.
Naples looks amazing x

Edited at 08:18 PM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I didn't notice the man till you said and even then I had to really look for him. I would frame this and put it on the wall.
Naples looks amazing x
That's the plan Sue, I want it framing, and I've had the man removed!

We've just booked the Bellasera today for the last 5 nights of our May trip, the lady on the desk made us an offer we couldn't refuse for a studio and then gave us a free upgrade to a one bed suite the same as we have now!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List