Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Feb 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Decade of Disney Dreaming - 2017- Day 6 - 'Twas the day before Disney!

Welcome back and that you all for your continued reading.

It seems strange getting to day 6 and not having had any Parks and just a few days to rest before we hit it big time!

If you missed yesterday - Day 5 is here

The whole trip report has it's index here

Welcome to day 6

Tuesday 1st August 2017

Yorkshire Day- and our final non Disney Day

The plan today was to do as little as possible- we started off well with a nice start to the day followed by a pool time v pool time.

We don't have many days like these on holiday when we choose to sit relax and do nothing.

I even got the underwater camera out of the suitcase and made that mistake of giving it to the boys to take such wildly entertaining photos as these!

For anyone who has read any of my reports before, you may have guessed that I am not a lie in the sun and do nothing kind of person – indeed that is perhaps why we have chosen the sunshine state as our holiday destination for so many years in a row.

I go to Spain, I fry and feel mightily uncomfortable with sunburn, despite factor whole body balaclava sunscreens.

Yet in Florida, I do not need such precautions to the sunshine, I just get a bit bored sitting and doing nothing when there is so much out there to do. Hence the reason we seem to fit in so much into every single day.

We lasted until half three until my patience snapped- I suggested a drive out for an ice cream- there was a unanimous yes in response - see what I did there! Blatant bribe but I had had enough of sitting doing nothing!

We headed to Celebration, not just for ice cream. But for a walk and a drive around homes that you can only dream about.

Our stop at the most fab ice cream shop (not called Beaches and Cream) saw for a Kilwins indulgence. It was also interesting to see this was a popular stop off on the American family drive out too. As we enjoyed our ice creams it was telling as to the number of cars that stopped outside and headed in to make a decision from so many flavours.

Now as places in the world go you really can marvel at the beauty, space and grandeur of homes in Celebration, we once again played a game of guess the price, noting the address and then checking the value when we returned to the villa.

Nobody won – we were miles below the valuation of every place we saw and I guess I need another job , or indeed to sell and body part before we could even consider living in this place.

We headed back to the villa and made sure we avoided the I4 which was a car park, once again.
We decided on burgers for dinner and a quick Publix stop for these allowed for a Strongbow replenishment too- at ten dollars for 6 bottles it is a bit like drinking a fine wine- you sip it sparingly!

As we arrived ‘home’ We had missed our villa owner by seconds, as he was coming to sort out the main tv and put a barrel in the kegarator- should stop all those stops at the supermarket!

Anyway we missed Dave for now!

On our entry to the Villa, we found a note from him and a brand new TV in the front room- WOW!

We phoned to thank him and he said he still had gas for the beer to drop off and wondered if he could pop in later in the evening.

So , we sorted the boys tea out and left ours for later.

Dave arrived shortly after the boys had finished another pool evening , showered and then eaten.

I have to admit I have never met a Villa owner in person, nor indeed had such a great response to the very few questions we had posed. We had found the TV difficult to turn on, he changed it. We wanted beer – he helped us with that too

With the Beer sorted and a whole host of stories shared it was gone ten by the time Dave left. We all really enjoyed his company and if you ever read this Dave – would love to share a beer in the future too.

Great service by a Dibb villa owner (The Golfer on here) yet he also had that personal touch to everything, we asked about pool lights and a possible problem with the pool. It was noted and sorted the following day.

We also asked about some of the wonderful golf momentos in the garage- each had such a great story. Quality villa manager and such a great villa to stay in.

By this time it was time for the boys to pack an overnight bag- we had planned to just tell them when they got there, but there needed to be a reason for a very early start tomorrow- you will need to read tomorrow to find out just what it was.

Our dinner was too late in being saved despite the oven being turned off- we headed to bed excited at what tomorrow will bring!

Someone was already a step ahead of us too!

Joe was packed, excited and ready.

At which point we received the most lovely text from a friend of ours…

‘Twas the night before Disney and all through the house, everyone’s excited to go see the mouse!
The suitcases we’ll close before going bed, to see visions of characters dancing in our heads.
Off to Mickey and Minnie’s party we’ll go, to see magical parades and amazing shows.

We'll stand on Main Street and watch the parade,
while we drink our frozen lemonade.

It’s a Small World” will be so fun,
Disney here we come!

Down the "Mountain" we'll make a splash,
and in the shops we'll spend our cash.

From down in our boat the “Pirates” we'll see,
and when we ride “Dumbo” we'll all scream "Wheeee!"

In the "Mountain" we'll zoom through space,
and on “Buzz's” ride we'll be the shootin' ace.

Off to the castle to see the fireworks show,
it'll be so beautiful…Oh I can’t wait to go!

It’s not “just a place” I'll repeat with a sigh…
It’s where fish can talk and elephants fly!

Magic Carpets” and “Pirates Galore,”
Singing Bears” and so much more.

Talking Bugs” and a huge “Dinosaur,”
sights and smells in the air we’ll “Soar!”

You see Goofy's our hero and Mickey's our friend,
also Minnie and Daisy, the list never ends.

Chip n Dale, the princesses too,
Tigger, Piglet, and Winnie the Pooh!

It may sound funny, ludicrous, and wild,
but it’s the only place you can act like a child.

All hopes and dreams will come true you see,
as we spend this week in the magical world of Disney!

Now it’s time to snuggle in our beds,
and begin to dream about the days ahead.
7 o’clock will come early and we must awake,
to the parking lot we'’ll go, a car we must take.

We're all so excited it’s the last night in town,
for tomorrow we’ll be Disney World bound!

The trip’s finally here and we'’ll drive out of sight. Happy dreaming to all and to all a good flight!
Happy Disney Eve to you all xxxxx

Thank You Karen

Well it seem the relaxing part of this holiday was over - the rest of this trip will kick in in the morning and we will suddenly find ourselves with three weeks of happy place experiences - doing what we all most enjoy and with lots of things to see and do for the very first time.

Keep reading for everything that happens next!

DAY 7 is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:40 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice relaxing day and what a lovely poem from your friend, I can't wait to see what's coming up next.
Old 3 Feb 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Been checking daily for the latest update. Love a pool day now and then. Dave sounds the perfect owner.

Keep the days rolling, looking forward to tomorrow.

Sharon

Ps shame about the Sunrise Garden Resort, maybe next time when the piers mended.

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Nice relaxing day, I hope to have a few in the same Villa in the summer, your report has made me feel so relaxed, thank you
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

What a great poem 👍🏻

Laughed at the boys photos 😂😉

What’s not to love about ice cream?

Really looking forward to reading lots more soon 😉🤞🏻

KBD xx
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Who can resist the offer (bribe) of ice cream? Sounds like a lovely day, What a fab poem!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Nice relaxing day and what a lovely poem from your friend, I can't wait to see what's coming up next.
Magic. mayhem and the usual is the only way I can describe what happens next!

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Been checking daily for the latest update. Love a pool day now and then. Dave sounds the perfect owner.

Keep the days rolling, looking forward to tomorrow.

Sharon

Ps shame about the Sunrise Garden Resort, maybe next time when the piers mended.
apologies, I would love to be able to update daily and have this whole thing on The Dibb already, work and life seems to get in the way!

Dave is a fab Villa owner and I know the more I say it, the less chance there will ever be of us staying in that villa ever again

Appreciate your recommendation about Sunrise Garden - will have it in mind for our next AMI visit

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post

What a lovely poem, and sweet thing for your friend to send you. Just found your trip report - so I'll back track and start from the beginning!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A great relaxing day lovely poem

Joan
Old 5 Feb 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Flimsey View Post
Nice relaxing day, I hope to have a few in the same Villa in the summer, your report has made me feel so relaxed, thank you
You will be in safe hands As much as we would love to be staying there this summer - you got booked before us

Brilliant place to stay