Notices

Old 21 Feb 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
I guess we're grown ups now? Nah, maybe next week! October 2016 Part 2

Hello and welcome to the second part our Honeymoon Trip Report Bonanza!

Part 1 was a week in Las Vegas. Those shenanigans can be found here.

Let me introduce you to your cast.

First up is me, Alix, 28 (eugh) Disney and Harry obsessed. Chief planner, shopper and photographer.

Ross, my new(ish by the time I'm writing this!) husband! 27. Food obsessed. Chief eater and beer drinker. It is also his personal mission to eat chicken wings at every available opportunity so we will be keeping count of how many he gets through with a daily 'Wing Count'. He left Vegas on a wing count of 37 so lets see how he does in Florida.

Best day ever!

A few unofficial cast members who will be mentioned throughout...

Oliver, now 7. Star Wars OBSESSED! Like, seriously very very very mad on Star Wars!
Ariana, 4. Loves Tinkerbell, Princesses, LOL Surprise Dolls, watching crap on You Tube and anything pink and glittery.
Jack, 10 weeks old right now! Wont be mentioned in the trip report cause he didn't exist but thought I'd give him a mention cause he's hella cute.

We like a good comic-con in this house!

Oliver, dressed as Captain Fazma, with Pam Rose from Star Wars: A New Hope

Ariana, make way! Make way!

Jack of house Gryffindor

We got married on 1st October and flew to Vegas on 4th for a fun packed week which is part one, then we flew to Orlando on the 11th for another two weeks.
It's taken me forever to type this up, mainly due to computer issues but partly because the day after we returned we got hit with the news that Oliver had been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy while we were in Florida and we were then told it was Duchenne MD. So trip reports and the likes were put on the back burner while we dealt with that and came to terms with it.
You can read more about Duchenne and how it will effect Oliver here-
actionduchenne/Pages...at-is-duchenne
But now I'm finally getting around to typing up all of our wonderful memories, it's helping me to get excited about our upcoming trip this October thanks to Starlight Children's Foundation.

Enjoy!

Pre Trip

Our wedding day

Travel Day - Orlando Bound
Day 1 - Suit Up, Hooter!
Day 2 - Charley Loves Walmart
Day 3 - Seafood and Eat It
Day 4 - Diagonally
Day 5 - Run Alix Run!
Day 6 - Life's a Beach (Club)
Day 7 - Scary Poppins gets married
Day 8 - Fairways Felix Jr
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx

Edited at 08:32 PM.
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 2 is up
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

I remember you getting the diagnosis while on your honeymoon. Such a horrible disease, I hope things have become a bit easier for you now. It is amazing what becomes routine in time. My father had an x-linked genetic disease as well. Hopefully like with his Fabry's disease there are better treatments available soon. I hope your whole family enjoys the Starlight trip. It must be helpful having something so lovely to look forward to. I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report.
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

I’m just going to start reading your trippie but wanted to send big hugs your way. I understand the impact of a diagnosis like this. My cousin has duchenne too. He’s 13 now.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I remember you getting the diagnosis while on your honeymoon. Such a horrible disease, I hope things have become a bit easier for you now. It is amazing what becomes routine in time. My father had an x-linked genetic disease as well. Hopefully like with his Fabry's disease there are better treatments available soon. I hope your whole family enjoys the Starlight trip. It must be helpful having something so lovely to look forward to. I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report.
We've gotten used to it I think and as it doesn't effect Oliver too much right now it's easy to cope with. It will get harder as he gets older but we will take each day as it comes.
He's part of a clinical trial for a new treatment and although it's not a cure it's certainly helping him for the time being. And there's new research happening all the time so although I'm not getting my hopes to high for a cure in Oliver's lifetime, there is a bit of hope and that's good enough for me!
Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
I’m just going to start reading your trippie but wanted to send big hugs your way. I understand the impact of a diagnosis like this. My cousin has duchenne too. He’s 13 now.
Oh gosh really. Is he still on his feet? Sending lots of love to your family
Thank you for reading

Old 24 Feb 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 3 is up

Old 28 Feb 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lolalolo86
Imagineer

Great report. Loved your Vegas bits and now looking forward to the rest of your Orlando time
lolalolo86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lolalolo86 View Post
Great report. Loved your Vegas bits and now looking forward to the rest of your Orlando time
Thanks for reading the Vegas part too

Day 4 is up!

Old 8 Mar 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 5 is up xx

Old 13 Mar 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 6 done xx