Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 23 Feb 18, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post

I trolley & shuttle bus from Rosen plaza

Hi could you give me a rough idea how long the itrolly takes to get to universal & is it about a 15 walk to the park entrance. I looked on google maps. Looks a long way.

Also does the Rosen plaza still do a free shuttle up to universal. If so how long does that take. Do they do free shuttles to anywhere else. And finally where does it drop you at universal.

Thanks in advance
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by floridalover1 View Post
Hi could you give me a rough idea how long the itrolly takes to get to universal & is it about a 15 walk to the park entrance. I looked on google maps. Looks a long way.

Also does the Rosen plaza still do a free shuttle up to universal. If so how long does that take. Do they do free shuttles to anywhere else. And finally where does it drop you at universal.

Thanks in advance
Takes about 20 mins from idrive to the entrance of universal, it’s not a bad walk, but depending when your going it can be hot and it will tire you
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nickbeaan View Post
Takes about 20 mins from idrive to the entrance of universal, it’s not a bad walk, but depending when your going it can be hot and it will tire you
Is that from the Rosen Plaza or from further up International Drive at the junction with Universal Boulevard ? There's a big difference.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are staying at the Plaza this year and they say they do transportation on their website. We've stayed at the International next to McDonalds and it didn't take that long at all to get to Universal. The website says 5 mins but I'd say more 15+ as they do pick ups on the way.

The shuttle drop off point at universal is sort of at the entrance to citywalk. So technically it's a minute or so walk to the gates but you then have to walk up city walk to get to the parks. However, you'd have to do that regardless of how you got in. While people say you can walk to universal from the International apparently it's a walk along busy roads and honestly I wouldn't bother from Plaza as it's a distance away.

If the shuttles are the same across all Rosen hotels they will do a Seaworld shuttle too and I think they do a Disney one but that's not free.
Old 23 Feb 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi thanks for your replies, yes it’s from the Rosen plaza it looks like we have to change to the green line I think it was.

The shuttle looks like a better option as the trolly stop is off site at universal. Does it do a lot of pick ups at other hotels. Is there a charge for the sea world one.

A member of our party gets tired easily hence the questions
Old 23 Feb 18, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
PCBatman
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I would suggest that if you don’t have a car just use Uber. Far easier and quicker than shuttle buses
Disneyland Paris - Nov 2018
PCBatman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

to walk from wet n wild to universal will take 20-25mins
the IRide will take say 20 mins to get to wet n wild dependent on traffic and how busy the trolley is

use uber will be quicker
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lesleyjane66
Excited about Disney

you can get the red or green line to the stop you need to get off for Universal, although the green doesn't stop near the hotel, but like it has been said, its a hot and not very scenic walk to Universal from there of about 20 mins.

Id definitely Uber it as I don't think the shuttles are free.

Also do not get the town and country cars from outside, they're expensive

to Seaworld just get the red shuttle outside, stops at SeaWorld so really easy.

When we stayed there in September last year, I remember there wasn't an I ride stop across the road, if you walk on way you can pick it up at the Pointe, the other way you can probably get red and green as it splits at the pointe.

Edited at 01:24 PM.
lesleyjane66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List