Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Feb 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

The trip of many changes August 2017 - Day 18 Islands of Adventure and Blue Man Group

Today started in the same way as every other morning of our stay at PB, with breakfast in the club room.

Tummies full we started our journey to the parks. It was another beautiful morning.

We wanted to be in Islands of Adventure this morning but hadn't ridden the Hogwarts Express yet so we entered Universal Studios with the plan to go straight to London to catch the train across.

We got to London only to find that the Hogwarts Express was closed. I did have to point out to the staff member telling everybody that it wouldn't have taken much to make sure the message was given to people as they entered the park. We turned around and retraced our steps so we could walk across to the entrance of IOA. We got inside the park we realised we didn't have the big girls' FOLPs with us. A little panic set in until Hattie remembered she had put them in her back pocket when they rode Rip Ride Rockit last night. Of course she wasn't wearing the same shorts today so I drew the short straw of returning to the hotel to retrieve them! Today wasn't quite going our way so far!

The only thing on Hattie's mind was getting on Hulk - she had been a hair too short on our last trip. She couldn't possibly wait for me to come back and the standby queue was only showing 20 minutes so her and Robyn got in line.

Once they came off they walked round to Seuss Landing to find some things that were more to Evie's liking. Robyn wasn't too impressed!

Meanwhile I had been on a little trip to the hotel and back and managed to find the rest of them in the Seuss shop. We had initially arrived at the entrance to Universal Studios before 10 but with all the messing about it was already nearly 12.30 and the girls were after lunch!

We had eaten at Confisco Grille on our last trip and knew we wanted to eat there again this time. It was nearby so we made our way there.

The food was great once again and only about $20 plus tip more than Mel's Diner.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

The girls were now keen to get to Hogsmeade so we wandered slowly back through Seuss Landing.

We rode Forbidden Journey, followed by a couple of goes round Flight of the Hippogriff. Hattie rode Dragon Challenge alone - Robyn had been a knocked about a bit on this one two years ago and didn't want to try again. Hattie was determined though as this is another ride she had been a hair too short for.

It was very busy in Hogsmeade so we decided to come back tomorrow to do some spells.

We carried on around the park so we could get to Spiderman - this had been quite a favourite for Evie last time and we still all enjoyed it today. We made our way towards the exit stopping off for the big girls to do Hulk a couple more times now we had the express passes in hand.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Once we got back to PB we relaxed in our room and had a little nap before getting some food in the club room.

Tonight we had tickets for Blue Man Group. We all really enjoyed the show but it isn't something I think we'd need to do on every trip. I'm sorry but I managed to take no pictures this evening!
Old 28 Feb 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another great day, thanks for sharing

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hulk a few times in a row? Wow, your girls are brave! Sounds like another good day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hulk a few times in a row? Wow, your girls are brave! Sounds like another good day.
I know - the big ones just love the rides.
Old 3 Mar 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Some good rides under your belt today!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List