Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Mar 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

2014 late report-Day 0 & 1-Travelling!

As explained in my Index, i'm looking to do a full report of my October 2018 trip so thought i'd get in some practice by writing up my October 2014 trip now.

So here goes...

Day 0-Sunday 5th October 2014-Pre travel day

We were living in Hampden Park, Eastbourne at this time. So from memory, Arron's mum drove the few minute drive to drop us at the station with our cases.

We got the train just after 4pm and were nervous, we had never been on holiday together before!
Unfortunately railworks had been announced after we had already booked the train so we had to change at Lewes onto a replacement bus to Three Bridges and then from there to Gatwick airport.

We luckily managed to get our cases into a luggage area on the bus. but the worst part was trying to navigate through Three Bridges station with cases. Ugh.

We managed to get to Gatwick itself just after 6pm and first port of call was getting rid of the cases, so we headed straight for Twilight Check in which only took us 2 minutes(i'm going to miss this at Heathrow this year ).

We picked up some more dollars at Moneycorp at the rate my previous order was at. I think this was $1.64 to the £

At this point we went to the Hilton to check in, again this was a breeze and we got given a nice room with a grassy view.

Being in the South terminal we just popped to The Beehive for dinner, no photos of the food but it was a bit lame. Arron had wanted certain food that they had run out of so ended up with Salmon and pilau rice whilst I had a pulled pork burger.

We stayed in here until about 10:30pm when we retired to the room and watched The Punisher and set an alarm for travel day!

Day 1-Monday 6th October 2914-Travel day

We woke up at 8am and mooched around, had showers and repacked our hand luggage. As per my plan we were checked out of the Hilton by 9:30 and on our way across the terminal.

Security was really quick which I had been concerned about. For a first trip the whole process had been really smooth so far.

We went to Frankie and Benny's for breakfast which overlooked the runway, I loved watching the planes and thought it added more excitement, whereas Arron is not a huge fan of flying so was a but anxious!

We both ordered orange juice for drinks, Arron had the All American breakfast and I ordered the French toast. They brought me the wrong breakfast TWICE!
When pancakes came I just ate them as Arron's food had arrived already.

We had plenty of time to kill after breakfast so had a wander around the shops. Arron was weighing up whether to buy some Sennheiser headphones and accidentally left his sunglasses behind in the shop! Luckily they were still there when we returned.

I had an M & S giftcard from work that I utilised for sweets and things so didn't need to grab anything extra here. We ended up in Wetherspoons while we waited for the our gate to be announced. I was so restless as I wanted to ensure we got on the plane in good time!

We were seated in 2 of the 4 seats in the middle and we took off about 20 minutes late.

I had the chili and Gu pudding, I also had the cocktail of the day which was a fruitier vodka & orange. Otherwise, I watched Bad Neighbours, some of Maleficent and Big Bang Theory. I did NOT enjoy Maleficent and turned it off as it was so tedious!

At some point Arron had a Heineken and I knoiw that he definitely watched Ghostbusters. Other than afternoon tea later on, the flight was quite uneventful. We landed around 5:45pm.

I had claimed food on the Customs form as we had teabags and some sweets, this slowed us down substantially. Although security said to never claim for such things in the future!

We followed the instructions to get a Mears shuttle and were on the dhuttle and out of the airport at 7:30pm. we stopped at a couple of amazing hotels before ours and were having a really good nosey there.

We got to the Residence inn at Seaworld and I had requested a specific room area before coming here and they had it on record so we were given a pool facing room on the 6th floor.

We were shocked by how big the room seemed for the 2 of us!

After unpacking a bit we went back downstairs to find food, the hotel has a mart, restaurant and Pizza Hut so we grabbed a medium Supreme pizza for around $15. We sat in the little outdoor area and noticed loads of stray cats wandering around

We went upstairs to watch some TV and head to bed.
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

$1.64 to the £, ah those were the days!

The stray cats would upset me, I'd want to take them all home.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
$1.64 to the £, ah those were the days!

The stray cats would upset me, I'd want to take them all home.
Ha the best exchange rate
And I just think the cats were so bizarre but they did look skinny. The poor things
debojahh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Hello!

I started reading your report and then just had to stop and comment; YOU'RE FROM EASTBOURNE! SO AM I!

How exciting!

Anyway; i'll carry on reading now

Sophie x

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SSR - 2017 *How Many New Things Can We Do - March 2017*
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
debojahh
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SleepingSophie View Post
Hello!

I started reading your report and then just had to stop and comment; YOU'RE FROM EASTBOURNE! SO AM I!

How exciting!

Anyway; i'll carry on reading now

Sophie x
Haha! We're in Brighton these days but Arron is Eastbourne born and bred