Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Apr 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney2019
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
Been a long time since I was at Sanford and didn’t hire with Alamo. I would imagine they have a choice but it’s unlikely to be as comprehensive as Orlando International as it’s a smaller airport without the throughout.
Thanks, I'm not all that bothered, any standard SUV should be big enough for 2 adults and 3 kids you'd think?
Disney2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaDave View Post
It is kind of a free for all, but unless you arrive at the same time as another couple of fully loaded planes who all arrive at the garage at the same time there should still be a choice. If there isn’t a car that’s suitable there then you can always ask one of the guys there if they have anything else in your category - that’s what I am envisionaging having to do later this year (in Miami) because I really want a Ford Explorer this time.

Last time we were there, albeit hiring via Budget, we were allocated a Ford Edge as a Standard because they put the Explorer in the next category up - that was plenty big enough and a superb car. Even though that’s a 5 seater it would be big enough for you as it’s a big 5 seater with a vast boot. This year I want a 7 seater as family is over at the same time as us so gives options but if the worst case scenario for us is an Edge I’ll still be happy.

Not sure what I would not want to have. I’ve avoided Jeeps in the past but that was those classed as Intermediate - the Grand Cherokee is in the Standard line supposed to be a nice car. I think I would avoid a Dodge Journey - not that it’s necessarily a bad car but we had one in 2009 as an Intermediate and it still seems a bit ‘cheap’ for a Standard SUV for what I can see.

Dave
Thanks very much Dave. Really appreciate the advice
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List