Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Jun 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Barkers Go Westside : Day Five - Outlets

We had decided the night before we were going to have a chilled day. The itinerary said another day at the parks but we both really wanted a break. Sorry really light on pics today!

We got up at 9am although I could have slept for a lot longer. We went down to breakfast the waiter who had been so helpful with my diet the day before wasn't there. I asked the waitress who seemed confused but went to ask the chef anyway. She came back out to tell me the bread was frozen was that ok. I said yes as I though she just meant they hadn't got any fresh in. A few minutes later I receive two slices of GF bread completely frozen on a plate I asked her if it could be heated so not frozen anymore so she took it back. I finally got it back after it had been microwaved so very soggy. I just had this with some jam yum!

Anyway after breakfast we went to the Orange outlets. I went into Gap and got two really nice long comfy cardigans for $22 each. Afterwards we went in my favourite store Bath & Body works.

I brought some candles, hand lotion and foaming hand washes. I never buy enough after giving some out as presents but Darren kept reminding me we would go over weight on the cases if I went crazy... Boooooo!
We also went in Macy's were I got some gym leggings and Darren a superdry shirt.

We had some issues finding somewhere to eat that would be good for my diet. As we had not originally planned to go here I hadn't done any research. After half an hour of walking around with no success we tried the corner bakery. They done GF tortillas with any of their sandwich fillings. I had roast beef which was really nice and Darren a panini chicken melt.

We popped to Ralphs on the way home for some snacks.

We got back and sat round the pool. It was really quite but had a chilly breeze so didn't go in.

We got ready and walked to Disney for dinner. When we got there it was soooo busy. The queue took forever.

This queue was just for security and went in a L shape. This was the same as about 6 other lines they had waiting. It took a good half an hour to get through.

We ended up bumping into some people we knew on the way to Disney springs. We didn't know they were going to be there. I always find it so funny to see people when you are that far from home.

We went to Tortilla Jos (second time lucky) there was a 50 minute wait so we went in a few shops.

We finally got seated and they bring out a massive tortilla chips bowl and dip. We ate quite a lot then all of a sudden a fresh bowl comes out which we decline as we would never have eaten our mains. Our waiter so sweet and attentive. The food came out and there was loads of it.

My fajitas

Darren's Burrito

Food was so good but so much of it. We were really stuffed after this. They also take a free photo of you and print it on a tortilla jos postcard. It is a really sweet touch and nice to be complimentary. Unfortunately I can't find it anywhere since being home hope it turns up soon.

We still managed 18,000 steps today. Tomorrow is our last day at Disney
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List