Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jun 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

"On Our Way" April 2018 - Day 7 - Islands of Adventure

Day 7 – IOA

We started the day in US again. We got in for around 8:30am so still had some of the early entry hour for HP. Diagon Alley was empty! It was brilliant. We decided to do Gringotts straight away so I could go on this time. A tip for anyone who might panic in the lift like me, stand & hold onto the rail on the wall & you’ll see it’s only the walls moving & the lift is actually still. I loved the ride & so glad I did it. I hate snakes but Matt had told me when to look down so I did & missed it! Although I’m sorry I cannot remember where it was for anyone who might want to know, I’ll try find out!

We walked a bit more round Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley, I’m not a massive Harry Potter fan I’ve seen the films but it doesn’t bother either way but I have to say it is very impressive.

We got the Hogwarts Express again over to IOA for the day - we got our own carriage today because it was so quiet!

We got breakfast in The Three Broomsticks, it doesn’t say on the menu they do breakfast but they do and I would totally recommend it, I had a pancake breakfast (3 pancakes, sausage, bacon & croissant) amazing! It comes with a drink all for $16.99.

After breakfast Matt & Dad rode forbidden journey, I’ve been on it before, I’ll usually ride anything but opted out of this one, I’m just not a huge fan of the spider bit and I had asked on here when it was but I just didn’t want to do it today. Dad & Matt said it was the right choice - they felt sick after! Me & Mum went to honey dukes whilst they rode that! I bought a chocolate frog and their version of pick n mix!

We started to make our way round the park after this, we rode Jurassic River Adventure, in every trip previously we’ve never managed to get on this before because of the queues so with express passes we were on within 5 minutes. Everyone laughed again (just like AK) when I put my poncho on but I was a damn site dryer than everyone else when we came off!

Next was Kong Skull Island, a new ride for us, so me & Matt went on first to see what it was like. We decided it wouldn’t be suitable for Mum and Dad because of the movements & the room for dad - he’s tall and both of them have knee problems and there was not much leg room at all! A really brilliant ride though.

Next was Dudley Do’s Ripsaw Falls, again because of the queues we’d never managed this before. It broke down just after we got in queue but it was sorted within about 15 minutes so I’m glad we didn’t leave the queue. The couple who got put in front wanted to switch so Matt went to sit in front seat - I didn’t want too but guy said Matt was too tall for the front! I can see why... I struggled to get in & out and I’m only 5”4! I’ll never forgive anyone in that boat for asking me to switch my poncho did not keep me dry this time and I the full brunt of the water right in my face!

Next was Hulk, probably my favourite in IOA and I’m so glad we got to ride this on this trip. It broke down on our last trip & I missed it!

We decided to call it quits after this, we were all really tired & it got really hot this day. We hopped back on the Hogwarts Express to us (again that shorter walk out the park) when we got back to London we grabbed a Butterbeer & had a sit down. A little show came on so we stayed to watch that too & then said our goodbyes to Universal. It had been a great two days at Universal and I loved Leows, it was a beautiful resort, but I was missing Disney. I’m just a Disney girl at heart! I’d like to stay there again, maybe for two nights next time and explore the resort and city walk a little more too.

I love a good boomerang - everyone thinks it's pretty funny

We stopped at premium outlets on way back - Matt wanted Vans & Zumiz. I wanted Character Warehouse. I got a 2018 run Disney hoody, a nice purple. Whilst I didn’t take part in the run Disney the hoody was lovely & i’m really into the gym, it was great bargain - the back says make your own magic. It was $90 down to $15, it’s a 2018 one too! I spend my life in gym clothes these days so it’s perfect for just throwing on. I also picked up kitchen tongs - $5 and sunglasses - $8. I’d been looking at park ones but they were $20+ so an absolute bargain.

We headed back to the villa all unpacked & then ordered an Applebee’s to go & ate by the pool again. We’ve not eaten out much this time around - instead we’ve ordered to go & ate at the villa. It’s been a lovely change, it also means Dad can have a few beers too.

Typhoon lagoon tomorrow so a quietish day! Possibly a trip to the other premium outlets on I drive. Loews was so worth the money - I wouldn’t say we definitely needed the FOLP passes at this time of year - queues were only about 30-50 minutes max but it worked really well for us - on & off within 15 minutes for most rides. We would definitely do it again.

Edited at 10:36 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day

Joan
Old 17 Jun 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You had a fun couple of days at universal. Hulk is an awesome ride and I'm glad you managedto get on it this trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day! Didn't realise there were snakes on Gringotts, I'm terrified. Aww i might have to miss it now, thanks for the heads up

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Was Matt not melting in his hockey top!?

Some great photos today.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Great day! Didn't realise there were snakes on Gringotts, I'm terrified. Aww i might have to miss it now, thanks for the heads up
Definitely don't miss it because of that, I knew where it was so I just took my glasses off for that bit and looked down I can't remember exactly where it was but I will try find out, if not I'm sure someone on here would be able to tell you

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Was Matt not melting in his hockey top!?

Some great photos today.
No surprisingly not! They were quite thin and he said they kept nice and cool

Thanks!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List