Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Jun 18, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

"On Our Way" April 2018 - Day 8 - Typhoon Lagoon

Day 8 – Typhoon Lagoon

Today was a slight rest day, a water park is always quite chilled out for us. We arrived for 10am, orginially Dad suggested we left about 8:30am when we were discussing it the night before, it’s a good job I actually checked the opening time. We had a bit of a lie in, then the usual breakfasts. It didn’t get take much getting ready this morning as we just threw on our swimwear, packed a towel, spare clothes etc... in our bag and off we went.

We found some nice beds in the shade then me and Matt started off in the lazy river. Dad joined us about half way round. Once we’d done one full lap Mum came in too. Now me and Mum wanted to share a double ring, except there was lots of people just lying across them. This really annoyed me as some of us actually wanted to share a ring! People do amaze me sometimes.

After a lap or two of this Mum & Dad headed back to the beds, Dad decided it might not be such a good idea trying to get in and out of rings/rafts with his knee, so off me and Matt went to make our way round the slides, we brought the go pro with us to have a go at using it on the slides.

First up was The Falls slides, we worked our way round those, Matt used his go pro for going down Keelhaul and Mayday himself, then Gangplank both of us in the raft together.

Really not an attractive video but quite funny!

Next up was the storm slides, we each went down and different one and then tried others later on during the day – although I don’t find much difference between the three to be honest!

Matt decided he wanted to go on Humunga Kowabunga so I stood at the bottom with the go pro and waited for him to come down, I’ve done those before but I’m not a massive fan of them, it’s just too much of a drop for me!

We then came across Miss Adventure Falls, I didn’t even know they’d opened a new ride here but we loved it and it was probably our favourite here! This really is a great family raft.

Again really not an attractive video but quite funny, ignore our mumblings we chatted all sorts of rubbish on the way up

Last up was each Crush n Gusher one after the other which was just a complete laugh. The videos are pretty funny. Carrying rings up them metal stairs though, flipping heck I don’t remember it being that difficult last time!

We headed back to Mum & Dad and had lunch at Leaning Palms. I really enjoyed this food, I had a the barbecued chicken sandwhich with tortilla chips and they gave me apple slices too. I also had a strawberry frozen lemonade which was delicious. A little fact for you which I never knew, maybe everyone else already does – they don’t give out straws anymore because they block the filters... have you ever tried drinking a frozen drink with a straw, it wasn’t easy! I ended up using a spoon.

Not long after lunch to all went to the wave pool, Matt and Dad went right down to the bottom and everytime a wave appeared they disappeared! We just stayed at the shallow end. We also had another go around the lazy river, then before we left me and Matt decided we wanted to do a couple of slides again so headed straight for Miss Adventure Falls. It took a lifetime to get on because one guy was not holding on despite being told too several times, everyone in the queue was shouting at him, the lifeguards, in the end the girl had to call someone and eventually he held on. He should have just been taken off – absolute moron!

After Typhoon Lagoon we headed further into Orlando City to find a skate shop for Matt, he’d been looking for a new board in other places but they were just too expensive. I didn’t go in, mum and I stayed in the car but he got what he wanted so he was really pleased. We then went to find a Michaels as I hadn’t been overly impressed with the choices at Joann’s, again I was really disappointed this time around. It seems as though they are really cutting down on the Disney scrapbooking stuff. I grabbed a few bits and bought a scrapbook which I managed to get some money off, so now I’m going to have to hunt eBay for stickers.

Tonights choice of restaurant was Millers Ale House, it is officially our new favourite place to eat! A pitcher of sangria for $10, it costs me that to buy one cocktail in this country. We also signed up to their website and got a free flatbread too so I just showed the voucher on my phone and we shared it as a stater. The food was delicious, service was fantastic and every sport you could ever want to watch was a TV somewhere in there. We spent most of the time watching Ice Hockey as Matt plays at home and is really into the sport. All in all a great night. We stopped at the target on the 192 as there was a couple of bits Mum and I wanted, I’d seen lots of lovely gym stuff online turns out the store doesn’t have that much!

Everyone else sat outside for a drink, I headed straight to bed and was asleep for 11:30 I think.

Sorry for the lack of pictures today, I tend to not get my phone out at waterparks as I can be quite clumsy with it!

Epcot tomorrow and I get to eat and drink around the world!

Edited at 05:13 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 18 Jun 18, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Great videos! 😁
Old 18 Jun 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Fun at Typhoon lagoon, a nice relaxed day and fun to go on all the slides.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

I love days at the water park. Thanks for all the videos. I know what you mean about not being attractive videos but they are the best to watch. I somehow always end up getting splashed the most and pulling the funniest places.

I think we will try Millers Ale House now after your report. Looking forward to the rest x
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A nice day for recharging your batteries, the weather looks perfect for a water park.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
I love days at the water park. Thanks for all the videos. I know what you mean about not being attractive videos but they are the best to watch. I somehow always end up getting splashed the most and pulling the funniest places.

I think we will try Millers Ale House now after your report. Looking forward to the rest x
Matt found it absolutely hilarious that I kept getting all the waterfalls on me, as I'm sure you can tell from the videos

Definitely try Millers - it's become our new favourite, so much so we went back again later on in the holiday!

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
A nice day for recharging your batteries, the weather looks perfect for a water park.
It was! I think it stayed around 26 degrees all day and it was just the right temp!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List