Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jun 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

"On Our Way" - April 2018 - Day 9 - Epcot

Day 9 – Epcot

We started the day a little later today, arriving at Epcot for 10am. Our first FP was Spaceship Earth at 10:10am so instead of a big rush at 9am, we decided to let the crowds go in and go straight on SE before heading to World Showcase as this was what we were focusing on today!

Our next FP was Frozen Ever After at 1:20pm, so we headed to world showcase to start working our way round the world. We started at the Canada end, our first stop was The Honey Kitchen where we had Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake – we got two to share between the four of us, it was absolutely delicious, Matt didn’t like it so I got finish most of ours, I definitely could have eaten a full size cheesecake of that one. Matt got Chips & Gravy instead

Next up we stopped at Canada it was starting to get hot so we went inside and watched the Canada show, we didn’t eat anything here, now looking back at the book and the choices I don’t think there was anything any of us felt inclined to try!

We then headed to the UK. We headed for Cider House, I had Pineapple Cider, Dad got Black Cherry Cider and we only got a Scone, seems a funny combination now the two but they were both delicious! After this we had a browse round the shops (I cannot believe they were charging $20 for a box of Quality Street! ).

We were getting closer to FEA FP so we dedcided to turn around & head to Norway & go the other way round, heading for Mexico first, so we didn’t miss our FP slot. I grabbed my first ever pineapple whip from Pineapple Promenade on the way round, why I’ve never had these before is beyond me, I could eat them all day!

When we got to frozen we ended up with stupid people in front of us that had already pushed through past us at the main entrance but when they got to second MB scanner it became clear that they had only booked two fp’s for the adults & tried to sneak their kids in! Im assuming they thought that because they’d got through the first entrance they’d be OK. To say I was fuming when the CM held us and the rest of the queue back while she dealt with them was an understatement. I am sorry but if you don’t have enough FP’s you should be shown the exit there and then, nevermind taking them to one side. I heard her say they had Soarin’ too, so I’m assuming they were going to try do the same there and if I remember correctly there isn’t a second scanner there? We were eventually let through, and after so many people had gone through she let them through because the kids were crying. Enough drama, I loved this ride but Mum & I got soaked! Matt hates Frozen but he came on it, since when did this take a photo though?

Next stop was Germany Bauernmarkt: Farmers Market, we got two of the Ham & Cheese Pretzels to share, very greasy but surprisingly nice. Dad & Matt had beers here.

Next was Italy, now we didn’t actually go to the food hut for F&G here, we headed straight for the Ice Cream as it was so hot! I had Gelato, everyone else had a Cannoli.

We headed into America next and did go inside, the Voices of Liberty were performing, we had thought we might have just gone into the show for a 10 minute cool/sit down but this was going on for a long time so we came out in the end. We grabbed a bench outside The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews and I ordered a Pulled Pig Slider. Another delicious dish, everyone else picked at it too.

We had managed to get a FP for the Character Spot and decided to get the boat back, so while everyone else waited for the boat I ran over to France, Fluer de Lys and ordered a La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush, it was beautiful! I drank this while we waited for the boat. There was a lot more I’d of liked to have tried but I didn’t have the room! Plus it really starts to add up when you start buying stuff in each country.

We headed off to the character spot. I loved all of these meets, and for me well worth using a FP to see Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. Mickey was pointing to my ears (I had my Minnie ears on), Goofy was making himself look good when I went to take a selfie & Minnie got really excited about my sparkly ears bag. I really love my selfies and our family photos from here!

We decided after this to take a break as we wanted to watch Illuminations tonight so decided on a quick stop at Walmart for just a pizza, as certainly Mum & I were still feeling a little full from what we’d eaten during the day. I love that you can just go pick up a hot pizza in there, because it was late on during the afternoon too it was reduced to $4. We a pizza big enough for the four of us cost us $4, we had this back at the villa, had a little bit of rest, I caught up with Adam Hattan’s vlogs too! Gutted he was in different parks to us everyday, would have been great to meet him, he’s my favourite vlogger.

Had a quick freshen up and headed back to Epcot. Mum and Dad headed round towards Canada to find a spot for the fireworks, Matt & I headed to mouse gear - I’d been keeping a note on things I’d like to buy but didn’t want to buy things too soon.

Tonight I got my Belle ears (mainly for Be Our Guest on the last night), a cute little mickey emblem for my car & an sorcerers hat aerial topper for my car. We then headed over and found them just behind the ferry dock on Canada side. I grabbed one final drink from La Isle Fresca - Tropical Freeze (mango rum).

Illuminations, I loved every second of this. It gets me every time & I cried through virtually the whole thing. Part of it was that I’ve had an amazing holiday in somewhere I’ve wanted to return to for so long and it was quickly nearing the end. Today was also the last time we’d be in Epcot. MK is my favourite park but this trip Epcot is becoming very close to being my favourite park. I have really enjoyed our two days here this trip. We spent a lot more time in World Showcase then previous trips too.

We took a few MM photos on the way out which I’m just in love with - certainly ones that will be framed in my flat, I’m just in the process of getting them all printed and finding homes for new photos! Someone always has to try ruin it for others though - I was taking a selfie trying to get the golfball in the background, it looked beautiful all lit up - some idiot decided it’d be funny to stand behind me pulling faces as he walked past, his whole family laughing. So when his wife stopped to take a picture & mum asked me what was wrong I told her in a not very polite way & loud enough so that his wife heard. I understand people think it’s funny but had I not realised & got home & saw it I’d of been really upset as it was my last photo leaving Epcot. People need to grow up & think before they do stupid things like that. We got some really nice MM ones though. Epcot it’s been an absolute dream, I’m missing you lots!

AK tomorrow starting with Tusker House Breakfast.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 24 Jun 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
People pushing in on queues for the attractions is so annoying. I totally agree with you that it seems the frozen family wanted to get on both frozen and Soarin in the same day without having to wait. I would have been cross that they got away with it too, but I guess the cast member didn't want the kids to be upset.

The rest of the day sounds fun, exploring the world showcase and eating snacks and having some lovely drinks too. I've not tried the pineapple swirl either it looks yummy so I might have to give it a try.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I really hate when people get away with cheating the system when they probably knew exactly what they were doing. I know Disney doesn't want to upset the kids, but it would be a nice lesson for them that you should play by the rules.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List