Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 18, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 14 - Magic Kingdom & Travelling Home

Day 14 – Magic Kingdom & Travelling home.

I’m so sad that we’ve got to the last day. I’ve actually put off writing this all day! I’ve loved every minute of reliving our trip. Our flight wasn’t until 7:45pm so we were spending some time in MK, because where else would we spend our last few hours?!

We packed the last few bits, had a bit of breakfast and said goodbye to our villa. We headed to DS check in first. I have to say this was a nightmare this time! We’ve done this twice before and never had any issues at all, staff have always been great, we’ve been checked in within minutes before. Not today. First their card machine wasn’t working & the girl on the desk went to ask the manager - who I saw sigh. I’m sorry but if you’ve only one machine & it’s not working that’s not our fault, surely a big company like Virgin can afford more than one card machine! Anyway they agreed to waive the fee. Then there was a problem with Matt’s hockey stick. He’d seen on the website it could be fixed to a bag, so it was bubble wrapped etc...but the manager wasn’t happy with that. She kept saying we couldn’t take it like that & it needed to be checked separately, Matt showed her the website, I’m not really sure what it said but eventually she agreed to check it for free. The guys loading the van were brilliant, chatting to Mum & I telling us not to worry it’d be sorted and they deal with this sort of thing all the time. I just didn’t particularly like her attitude but she did sort the issues in the end. It just didn’t seem very efficient this time, I heard another family having issues because they’d booked a package but because of this new tiered economy system it was showing he had no luggage. I felt so sorry for him and his family as they just weren’t getting anywhere. Eventually everything checked & we headed to MK.

Our BTM FP was close to running out as we pulled into the car park so Mum & Dad told me & Matt to go on ahead to go on it, I’m sad they missed it on the last day but they seemed happy enough for us to go on alone.

I hate being at the front, it just isn’t as fast but I’m glad we made the FP and got to ride it one more time. We met Mum & Dad in Liberty Square and then headed over to Haunted Mansion for our next FP.

Not everyone had eaten at the villa so we went to Sleepy Hollow again, I had a Mickey Waffle again with strawberries and cream. Mum had the same, I can’t remember what the others had! Dad & I also got frozen lemonade drinks too with Mickey straws(which have both ended up at my flat!) We just sat, enjoyed our food and took in the atmosphere.

This guy was just walking around! Dad takes a lot of pictures of birds so I had to include at least one

Pirates was our last FP booked that morning so we went and did this. Afterwards we grabbed a dole whip, I couldn’t leave without having another one of these (with the hot weather today I could have just eaten one), again we just sat and enjoyed what was going on around us.

We also managed to secure a FP for buzz so after finishing our dole whips we headed over to that, as it started 20 minutes later.

We had planned to spend a little more time in the park, but the Shop Disney Parks app told us that OKW had the Rose Gold Spirit Jerseys in, so we decided to say our goodbyes to MK, promising ourselves we'd be back as soon we were able too.

The plan was to enjoy an hour or so over at OKW. Maybe grabbing a drink and snack there too. This resort is beautiful, however we didn’t stay long! They didn’t have the jumper, the lady said they’d had a couple been returned the day before, so a tip for anyone using the app – it’s not always reliable! Dad suggested we tried DS once more so piled back into the car and off we went. They didn’t have it either. I was so annoyed at myself for not buying it when I saw it in HS. Lesson learnt - buy stuff as soon as you see it!

We sat outside Amorettes with a drink, I got some chips & cheese from Poutines.

We had a little time left so I decided to quickly whizz over to the new Disney style store on the west side, it only opened on the Sunday. I had looked for it when Mum and I shopped but couldn’t find it. I was only going for a quick look but when I got there they had different spirit jerseys there to everywhere else. They had the most gorgeous pink one with a rose on the front, I know now it’s the Aurora one. It was absolutely beautiful so I purchased that then practically ran back to world of Disney where everyone else was & we returned the Millenial pink one. I also got a cute little hanging sign in Disney Style which says ‘My Happy Place’ on one side and ‘The Happiest Place on Earth’ on the other. The CM who served us at World of Disney was so miserable. Honestly she barely even spoke or cracked a smile. This is something I’ve noticed a few times over the past two weeks. It’s not something I have ever come across in WDW, I’ve seen it in Paris but I was a little shocked! I guess everyone had off days though!

We left for the airport about 3:40 and were parked up in the Alamo return for 4:20. We had TSA pre check so that gave us plenty of time to just stroll round the shops, get some food & then make our way over to the gate. The flight was uneventful. We had a three & one in front but no-one sat in the seats next to Matt so dad moved in front & we spread out over the two rows. We all had extra legroom seats too. We’d only booked three & one normal but since they’ve brought this economy delight out, they had moved us meaning they had to give mum one of those seats too! Bonus!

This beautiful sunset as we were taking off made me even more sad to be leaving!

We got dinner about 9pm, I had loaded chilli wedges - lovely food but a bit too spicy so I couldn’t finish it, cheese & crackers & then red velvet cake.

There was a lovely member of the crew - an older guy who stood and chatted to me & mum for ages when he was collecting our food trays. I wish I’d got his name & could let Virgin know how brill he was. He made travelling home that little bit better. Before our food I had just put my headphones & started reading my new book. After I ate I put the book down & just put my music back on but fell asleep pretty quick. Mum said I could rest my head on her legs so that I could actually lie down. She had to wake me a few times though as the seatbelt sign had been switched on because of turbulence. I got a few hours sleep though. I suffer with tension headaches so without a good solid sleep I feel pretty terrible but I was OK so I must have got enough sleep. Breakfast came about an hour before we landed. I didn’t eat much just the cheese croissant and a cuppa.

The same member of crew came over & chatted again asking had we managed to get some rest. We landed about 40 minutess ahead of schedule. The flight only took 7hr 19minutes. We stood chatting again to the same crew member whilst waiting to get off!

Through immigration super quick, the bags took a while to come off but everything arrived back in one piece, including the hockey stick! It’s a shame that couldn’t be said for everyone’s stuff, someone’s case came off with their clothes out everywhere. There’s no way it will have been loaded like that so I’m guessing it was the staff at Manchester airport that just threw it on. I’d be horrified if that was my case! We collected our car and joined the M56 to head home. I think it took about 40 minutes, I slept the whole way home! Dad & Matt headed to bed, I jumped in the shower washed my hair and I felt a bit more awake so just spent the day catching up on some TV with Mum before some family popped round to see us.

I cannot believe how lucky I am to have been able to go back, it’s all thanks to Mum & Dad’s hard work and I’m so grateful to them for everything. This holiday was an absolute dream for me, 5 years was a long time but this holiday was worth that long wait. I had an absolute ball. I’m still missing it lots now and I cannot wait to return. At the moment our plan is for possibly Jan/Feb 2020, gosh that seems so long away when I write it down, but I’m sure it will fly by! I’ve considered a solo trip next year, whether it’s possible I don’t know, but I also think I’d miss having my three favourite people with me making those forever memories.

But thank you WDW for being as amazing as always, until next time….
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along sounds like you had a really great holiday

Joan
Old 25 Jun 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Such a great trip report, have enjoyed reading each day. A brilliant family holiday.
Old 25 Jun 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Great trip report, thanks for sharing.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Great trip report, thanks for sharing. Love the spirit jersey you found too.
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trippie. We always get grumpy check in assistants.

I’d love to spend the final day in a park. Instead we are stressing over excess luggage

It really was lovely of you to recognise your parents hard work for the trip. Not many children too. Made me happy x
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 18, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I've really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. We first went to wdw when DS was 9 and DD was 7. They are 13 and 11 now and I'm hopeful they will want to keep coming back with us like you have lov3d returning with your family.

Good luck with your future plans, thanks for all the little videos too, they were fab.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Oh God how good does your waffle with the strawberries and cream look!?

You should definitely do a solo trip, I think it would be amazing
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along sounds like you had a really great holiday

Joan
Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
Such a great trip report, have enjoyed reading each day. A brilliant family holiday.
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Great trip report, thanks for sharing.
Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it

Originally Posted by emmabanana View Post
Great trip report, thanks for sharing. Love the spirit jersey you found too.
Thanks! It's from a store called Disney Style - for anyone wanting to find it, it's opposite Starbucks on the West Side. They had lots of different princess ones.

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading your trippie. We always get grumpy check in assistants.

I’d love to spend the final day in a park. Instead we are stressing over excess luggage

It really was lovely of you to recognise your parents hard work for the trip. Not many children too. Made me happy x
Oh no! We always leave things like toiletries etc... even if they aren't finished and that gives me some extra luggage

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've really enjoyed reading your trip report. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. We first went to wdw when DS was 9 and DD was 7. They are 13 and 11 now and I'm hopeful they will want to keep coming back with us like you have lov3d returning with your family.

Good luck with your future plans, thanks for all the little videos too, they were fab.
Thank you, I just decided the videos were a little bit different from the standard photos

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Oh God how good does your waffle with the strawberries and cream look!?

You should definitely do a solo trip, I think it would be amazing
I could eat it right now!

I'm still considering it I really have no idea if it's possible financially right now though
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney
Imagineer

Great Trippie thanks for posting x

July '17 - Sunset Lakes, Aug '15 - Windsor Hills, Aug 13- Highlands Reserve,Aug '11 -Windsor Hills
Oct '09 - Sunset Lakes,May '08 - Lindfields,April '07 - Florida pines,April '05 - Florida Pines,July 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza,I Drive. May 96 - International Drive
lovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List