Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Jul 18, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Decade of Disney Dreaming - 2017- Day 23-Early morning Pandora then an Epcot character fest!

Welcome back - yes you have probably seen the countdown
Ten days until the next one and lost more still to share from 2017!

Will assure you - this will be done , even if I type the pretrip report on the train to the airport

Yesterday was a down day - you can read it here

If you have missed all that has happened before - you can catch up by clicking here

Welcome to Day 23

FRIDAY 18th AUGUST 2018

Well a day off needs a very early start and so the alarm sounded at 7 am

We were Pandora bound and in the car at 7-33.

The I 4 turning was busy so we headed on the Old Lake Wilson Road instead and made good time.

We were front row parked at 7-58 and joined the queue -for regular readers , yes I insisted we walk again

Time passed quickly and we were first processed at the scanning entry and then again at the rope. The queue was around the same as our previous opening morning only this time we made it straight into the ride. It was not even 9 o'clock and we were looking at this!

Once again, we stepped off in awe of the ride, once again incredible and worth the early morning start.

We discussed our next options, villa for breakfast or something else?

No advice there then!

We stayed in Animal Kingdom just to ride Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl and then a single rider Everest.

Just don't ask - the answer was no and despite the thought, it would be another of those dust collectors, just like those expensive wands from Harry World!

Does look good but when you return home who would really be indulged with your Flight of Passage

We then headed for the park exit and rescued the car from that front row and pointed it in the direction of Epcot- we got parked and walked yet again into the park.

We were heading for France for breakfast, but on passing Canada we stopped to add a couple of rivets to a leather bracelet Joe bought a couple of years ago- well there was magic in the air, first the CM there was simply minding the stall for the actual CM who had just stepped aside- she turned out to be a manager and to apologise for having to return, she offered us a golden ticket fast pass.

No sooner had she started writing it out, the actual CM appeared, to sort Joe out with rivets and just a little something he has as a reminder of his trips - he does not wear it for the rest of the year yet he ensures it comes on holiday. Probably for moments like this

You could not wish for anything, the CM had simply gone elsewhere and left her boss to look after the stall. Both CM's really did go that extra magical mile and I have to admit this moment rolled back some thoughts about CM's not being quite as guest friendly as in the past.

As we offered to pay she insisted it was on Mickey !
A lovely touch and reaffirmed there was still CM's at WDW who still held that ability to offer a little bit of magic to others

We walked on just a few yards, and saw the gates open in the area between Canada and the UK- There was not a convention in the park but a lot of ear earning CM's busy with a meet and greet with 8 characters.

What a chance opportunity - it was great fun and there were lots of photos taken on phones- the camera having been left in the villa to avoid the bag check when entering AK this morning- every second counts!

This was just amazing - no autographs just photos and we were indulged. It all happened very early and was a Disney training session for CM's - for us it was brilliant

I have a long standing belief with Disney - the slower you go the more the magic comes to meet you, today it certainly did, we were only seeking breakfast and just look at what happened

Breakfast was next upon us in the Boulangerie - now just think of all of those things that have happened since we parked up in Epcot, we were seeking food, instead we got more character pics than we would ever imagine and a 'golden' fast pass ticket just for wanting to buy something !

We ordered nearly the same as our previous visit and thirsty as Alison and I were, we needed another coke to top us up, on our way back through the UK – that late night hot tub had left us a bit parched this morning

A quick walk through the UK shops there and a few CM conversations - they were a really happy bunch and all seemed to be loving the Disney working - I love being able to speak to them and talk about home - and also ask if they are Dibbers too

As we exited, we literally fell across Mary Poppins who was waiting to swap with Alice- she was skulking around and just waiting for the boys to get a photo with her- talk about the characters coming to meet you today

We headed to our first fast pass of the day, but not before filling the coke drink cup up in the Electric Umbrella - there was a free for all surrounding the drink machines in there - Gatorade bottles, Starbucks cups resort mugs, you name it they were being filled we felt less guilty at least we had paid for the initial drink today.

The character spot was next - it was 1pm, and having waited we were informed that Goofy would not be joining us, it was just Mickey and Minnie and the interaction was nowhere as good as the Magic Kingdom.

Not sure what it is, the background? the pushing you through? or possibly the lack of interaction with the character? it just leaves it a bit short here… always seems a pain to meet you and the CM’s can’t wait to get you out.

We headed to Test Track for a single rider drive/ ride.

Next stop, was a photo opportunity with Ana and Elsa who really did try to interact, unfortunately not with me I hasten to add, but with the boys- they really did make it a memorable amid the Josh selfie pics and memory maker photos too.

We took heed of the early morning start and simply called it a day once we got to the point when we knew we were pushing it to the limit again, as we left we did have a good chuckle at the two ECV’s trying to outrun the Monorail!

We had previously spotted this ECV in full flow too

We had another big day starting tomorrow!

Once again we headed to the Villa, enjoyed a lovely pool session and once more chilled amidst the bliss of a hot tub, pool , big TV with the baseball on and a dreadful awareness that next Friday and those Fridays thereafter will never be quite as good as the whole of today.
Dinner looked a bit like this...

DAY 24 is a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:18 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You made it onto FOP again, the day off was worth it! I'm envious of the stumbled upon characters, what a great find. We've never met Smee! It looks like you had a fun time and all that was before breakfast, you must have been starving by the time you got to the Boulangerie.

Happy single digit day to you!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great day, love all the Disney magic
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Great day, the surprise character meet in Epcot looks good too.
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
A great morning and a brilliant character meet
Followed by a relaxing afternoon

Joan
Old 15 Jul 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
I have a long standing belief with Disney - the slower you go the more the magic comes to meet you, today it certainly did, we were only seeking breakfast and just look at what happened
THIS RIGHT HERE PEOPLE!

Best bit of advice!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

Yay, look at our countdowns! Single digits for us!

Disney magic was definitely sprinkled on you today And that's what keeps us going back year on year

Love the selfies
Old 15 Jul 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Yay, look at our countdowns! Single digits for us!

Disney magic was definitely sprinkled on you today And that's what keeps us going back year on year

Love the selfies
Dancing with you Hayley

I'm thinking you are packed by now We have not even got the cases out of the loft

Little minutes like we experienced really do make it worth the planning , the money and the going and doing it.
Something inside me is really excited for this trip, yet I've still got work to contend with, and a trip report to finish
Enjoy the countdown

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 06:21 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

What a perfect way to spend your morning!

Love the magic you received today.
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Great character meet there isn’t it! Experienced it once and much enjoyed
Pandora looks and sounds great. Would love to see it soon.
Get packing!
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List