Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Florida Escapes
Unread 18 Jul 18, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Breakfast - Wagamama (Gatwick)

Breakfast was at Wagamama which is airside at Gatwick South Terminal. We'd looked around a bit and this seemed the best choice once I'd been talked into cancelling the Premier Inn buffet (which apparently only I enjoy!) Wagamama serves an interesting breakfast menu AND the full lunch menu so there's a lot of choice. Here's the additional breakfast items:

We ordered tea and an expresso (DW), a cappuccino (me) and Apple juice for DD. DW then went for poached eggs, smashed avocado and tomato on toast which was a bit of an odd combo. She asked for the avocado on the side and then basically ate it like poached eggs on toast which would have been cheaper! She found this OK.

I went for kedgeree, also from the breakfast menu. Love this dish and rarely see it so usually order when its available.

This was disappointing. The egg was nice on the top, the right herbs, not enough smoked haddock in there but the real issue was way too much curry powder throughout the gloopy rice (which was overcooked). This dish is supposed to have a mild curry flavour but this was actually hot. Not bad enough to send it back but a let down and not how it's supposed to be served.

DD went for something she's had before from the regular menu and this proved the breakfast winner. Grilled Duck Donburi (tender shredded duck in a spicy teriyaki sauce. served with carrots, snow peas, sweet potato and red onion on a bed of sticky white rice. finished with a crispy fried egg, shredded cucumber, scallions and a side of kimchi).
A very grown up order compared to where we were 3 years ago!

I hadn't heard of it before but it was gorgeous. I got to finish the duck as there was loads mixed in amongst the rice. It was apparently also a touch spicier than she's had before so I think we can diagnose a heavy handed morning chef at the Gatwick Wagamama

The bill came to 41. More than the Premier Inn breakfast or in fact our room for last night I am not looking forward to adding up the food spends on this holiday!

Next stop the plane journey That and last night's dinner will follow tomorrow as need to get photos from DD's phone and she's
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 18 Jul 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Laughing at the jelly snakes on a plane and Trevor! Sounds like a good start! I love Wagamama but have to admit I find the breakfast offerings a little odd. Although I don't see whats wrong with the Premier Inn brekkie, yum!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time at Disney!
Unread 18 Jul 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Fortytwo
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Following along.. I am definitely going to try the same with the trolley when we go, your wife's a genius! I hate the transporting the luggage part of a holiday.
Had no idea wagamama did a breakfast menu,good for something different.
Fortytwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Your wife is a genius! I love that idea.

Hi Trevor! Hopefully her has a friend in Manchester we can get to know.

Bit of a disappointing breakfast, but hopefully the rest of the food is on the way up

Edited at 09:52 AM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
18 Nights POR 1 Night BWV
Unread 18 Jul 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Laughing at the jelly snakes on a plane and Trevor! Sounds like a good start! I love Wagamama but have to admit I find the breakfast offerings a little odd. Although I don't see whats wrong with the Premier Inn brekkie, yum!
Yes the Wagamama breakfast offerings are definitely exotic Thanks for reading, looking at your countdown I wish this was my first trip to Disney it's the best to experience it all for the first time!

Originally Posted by Fortytwo View Post
Following along.. I am definitely going to try the same with the trolley when we go, your wife's a genius! I hate the transporting the luggage part of a holiday.
Had no idea wagamama did a breakfast menu,good for something different.
I might not tell her that she's a genius I'll never hear the end of it At one point housekeeping saw DW and the trolley coming down the corridor and you could just see her deciding if it was part of her remit to tell us off, nope Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Your wife is a genius! I love that idea.

Hi Trevor! Hopefully her has a friend in Manchester we can get to know.
I'm sure Trevor has a Northern cousin It was surprisingly easy to get a trolley in and out of the hotel, the main challenge was the decision to keep it there overnight as opposed to putting it back and bringing a new one up in the morning! The rooms aren't big enough.
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 18 Jul 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Brilliant update as usual. I bet its a laugh a minute living at your house! 😂

Not sure what I think about those 2 poached eggs quietly sitting on that plate all alone. I cant say what they look like, other than to say, they could do with a tan! 😆😉

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 18 Jul 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Loving enjoying your holiday with you ,thank you for sharing
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our DLP Holiday.
Unread 18 Jul 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Apprentice Imagineer

Following this fun
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CBR