Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Orlando Attractions
Unread 23 Jul 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Apprentice Imagineer

via Imgflip Meme Generator
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Unread 23 Jul 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

LOVING this report. Your reviews are fantastic!

That lobster looks god awful.

With the Cali Grill brunch - Do you still get given a plate of pastries to start or are those now on the buffet to help yourself?

One of these;

Can't wait to hear about Monsieur Paul. I've always fancied it but OH thinks it's too stuffy.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The next return?
Unread 23 Jul 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
LOVING this report. Your reviews are fantastic!

That lobster looks god awful.

With the Cali Grill brunch - Do you still get given a plate of pastries to start or are those now on the buffet to help yourself?

One of these;

Can't wait to hear about Monsieur Paul. I've always fancied it but OH thinks it's too stuffy.
It's not stuffy. It's in a theme park!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Unread 23 Jul 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DollyDimples
Getting Excited

Just caught up with your report. Looking forward to reading the rest. :-)
DollyDimples is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
21 nights -POFQ, Rosen Inn@Pointe, RPR
Unread 23 Jul 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Dinner - Monsieur Paul (EPCOT France)

Late change of plans dropped Biergarten at the last minute in favour or Monsieur Paul. MP is a signature restaurant above Chefs de France. We got there for our 8pm reservation and it was very quiet, maybe peaking at one third capacity from then till close. Menu choices options here are more complex but were well explained by our server:

- A la carte, order off the menu 3 courses for DxDDP
- Prix fixe, an amuse bouche then 3 courses off a slightly different menu $29 extra normally but no DxDDP surcharge
- Tasting menu, @6 smaller courses $29 p/head extra on DxDDP (++ for regular DDP I guess)

DW went for the prix fixe and DD and I the a la carte menu. Drinks we ordered champagne (DW), a glass of red/Cotes de Rhone (me) and apple juice for DD. We also got a choice of mini baguettes or herb bread (also shown below). BTW I switched to an iphone 8 tonight to see if the photos improve!

They obviously didnt have the apple juice up here and got it from downstairs. Probably they should have put it into a proper glass but were not bothered.

Heres my red wine which Ill use to mention the only thing about this restaurant that I didnt enjoy. It doesnt have atmosphere. Its a long fairly empty room and unless its full its going to lack a buzz, they really need ideally a pianist but at least a CD of something mellow and French in the background to round it out.

Thats the only less than positive thoughts out the way, onto the food First it was the amuse bouche extra for DW, an asparagus veloute/small portion of cold asparagus soup in a coffee cup. This was good and it came with cream and pieces of asparagus on the side that I think youre supposed to stir into the soup.

After that it was starters. DD was initially a little scared of the menu but I convinced her to avoid the kids meals and (which sounded great btw) and go for the special of a pine kernel and ricotta ravioli with parmesan and a spinach sauce. She loved this and I struggled to even get a taste!

As a fallback in case she didnt like the ravioli I;d gone for something I wouldnt have otherwise chosen, canteloupe melon with Southern French cured ham. The melon was huge and very good, not much ham but it was tasty while it lasted. The accompaniments of lime sorbet and a parmesan tuile were a little odd and not sure it all belonged on the same dish (mainly the lime sorbet was an odd one )? Overall it was good though.

DWs starter was an oxtail broth with truffles and covered in a pastry lid. Picture of the outside, inside it was 1cm square cubes of beef that melted in the mouth and a flavoursome broth like a thin stew. She loved this dish but didnt ultimately finish as it was rich..
Cupcake for the middle aged foodie

Onto the mains:
DD, Grilled Beef Tenderloin Potato 'Macaire' with Tomme de Savoie cheese, oyster mushroom fricassee, beef jus reduction, creamy sauce

Me, Black Sea Bass in potato 'scales', fresh spinach, rosemary sauce

DW, Dover Sole with tagliatelles, mushrooms, and creamy sabayon

DD with my help switched the mushroom fricasee for another vegetable which ended up with the server recommending that we trust the chef on a replacement, we did and it came with all sorts of nice vegetable elements. She lined everything except the potato. The beef was incredible, she was stuffed after half so I finished it Best meat of the holiday so far, really great.

My dish was divine, crispy potato scales over light fish, then spinach and the most amazing creamy sauce. What a stunning looking dish as well! Also it was all nice and light, saving crucial space to eat a chunk of beef tenderloin

DW loves dover sole and she really enjoyed this dish. She likened this to an amazing carbonara sauce with fish () Anyway she loved it.

DD and I managed desserts, she could not resist the theatre of the chocolate bombe (Sphere) which melts as the hot sauce is poured over it:

On the menu it has a cognac sauce but they can leave it off for a child I ordered the Warm Chocolate Almond Cake, a baked dessert with a gooey raspberry filling and hazelnut ice cream. Perfect, in fact all the food was pretty much flawless.

DW then ordered a cheese board to go, we picked out 3 but the chef threw in tasters of the other 3 as well (dont ask me to name and identify them all ). These will work fine as a future breakfast or snack.

The bill was $293.

Expensive but great food, well worth a foodie visit but it may be quiet so can use to your advantage with late bookings etc. Someone ship the chef over to work on the California Grill brunch

-------------------------------------

Gotta run now, off to AK for fastpasses etc, replies to earlier comments to follow later tonight

Edited at 10:41 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 23 Jul 18, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A couple of super expensive meals there, which I'm guessing were worth it with the DXDDP. Out of interest, would you pay OOP for either of these if you didn't have dining plan?
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Hubby and Me - The Anniversary
Unread 23 Jul 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Planning's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wow that's a grand total of over $600 with tips on 2 meals. Scary!

We have CG brunch booked for 23rd December, shame about you main meals. I've heard you can order more than 1, so perhaps you should have ordered the pancakes after being disappointed in your original choice. Hope we have a better experience.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jul 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Wow that all sounds amazing! I bet your glad you cancelled beirgarten now. I must say ive never heard of this restaurant before is it relatively new.

Shame about the atmosphere but I'm sure the food more than made up for it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
18 Nights POR 1 Night BWV