Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 24 Jul 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Oh CMG its so hard to stop eating. Its supposed to be my first good day and Im sitting here starving! No disrespect but I need to stop reading your food report when Im trying not to eat😂
Ive never seen that soup elsewhere. Such a shame as it was definitely one of the best things on the menu.
Stay strong! I was thinking I'd try to beat it with a 48 hour starvation or no carbs but then I realised I'm out visiting a brewery with my friends 24 hours after returning

Lobster popcorn sometimes two words were just meant to be together how can you take something like that off the menu
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 10:40 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 24 Jul 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
- Trails End Breakfast
- Horse Riding
- Minigolf

Early start for the girls to horse ride at Fort Wilderness while I soloed the Trails End breakfast buffet. The logistics of buses etc. here are confusing. I thought they needed a bus from parking to the lakeside area with Pioneer Hall etc. but they didn't so only I got the 5 minute bus ride.

Wrote some dining report at the tables outside then headed to check in desk. I ended up at a table for 4 in between two families. Chose a coffee as a first drink and went to get some buffet.

The sweets diverted me from my planned granola option. I was already regretting this and feeling socially impaired when the server came over and said 'starting with the sweet stuff are we' at the top of her voice leaving me a little embarrassed. Now I'm fine with eating alone but a good server will put you at ease not embarrass in that situation. I nodded and she then left without asking if I wanted anything else (I was about to ask what the juice was again). The croissant and danish here were fine, exactly as youd expect, the warm sticky pecan bun was good with the the hot pecan sauce added too.

Picked up a second plate from the hot section (they also had cereal, granola and cold-cuts areas plus breads).

Went for a modest plate of the Country Benedict, Tater Tots, Bacon, Sausage, Braised Beef Hash and a Biscuit. The server didnt bother to offer ketchup to the table of one so its lucky I didnt want any The highlight here was the country benedict which seemed to be a poached egg on pulled pork with a bit of bbq sauce flavour, very tasty and enjoyed this a lot more than the infamous Cali Grill lobster benedict! Tater tots are always welcome and the braised beef has was decent too - cubes of beef and potatoes. This all disappeared no problem and the second my plate was clear the server appeared with the bill. No rush she said as she rushed off again to see to her more lucrative clients

$23.43. Blurred to protect the innocent

By this point Id had enough of her insincere and difficult style and waited for her to come back so that I could give her a $1 or $2 tip. There was no pen provided to write a tip so presumably it has to be 18 or 20%. I asked for a pen and explained while I wrote $2 down (8.5% tip) that I might have wanted some juice or ketchup. She offered me juice to go. I declined and stalked off huffily to the bus stop. Some people just arent cut out for front of house roles. She would be better deployed with a shovel in the stables

Meantime the girls were having a more magical experience on their horse ride around the woods and trails of Fort Wilderness. They both enjoyed this although I do now fear requests for further sessions when we get home. Ive always maintained a firm no horse riding line i.e. we cant afford a horse so no point borrowing one - ride your bike its better exercise (and free ).

Anyway after that we dropped DW off for some shopping. DD and I played a round of mini golf at Winter Summerland (Summer course). Gave her 1.5 shots a hole which was way too much because she trounced me with that start. We then did or WalMart shop of junk to take home.

Shopping mini hauls as follows, excluding boring stuff like drinks:
DD Haul - she claims most of this is requests from friends

Haul for me and DW (mostly me TBF), note the apples - clearly its health kick time

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lunch is at Homecomin
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 25 Jul 18, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ahh shame about server at Trails End - the food looked Ok (what you had of it anyway) Im sure you would have had more if server was more pleasant!
Looking forward to Homecomin, got that booked in October

As for Hershey bars 🤮 Lol
Unread 25 Jul 18, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
Imagineer

Wow , all amazing loving it all , shame about Cali grill brunch , we have it booked so hopefully we will have a better experience than you did ! And your not helping me with my dilemma on whether to upgrade to dxddp 😂😂😂 looking forward to the rest , have a great time xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A much needed break !
Unread 25 Jul 18, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I swear we arent stalking you .. we just got back from homecomin ... I rolled of the bus to my room...

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
5 nights Universal 14 nights POR
Unread 25 Jul 18, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Ahh shame about server at Trails End - the food looked Ok (what you had of it anyway) Im sure you would have had more if server was more pleasant!
Looking forward to Homecomin, got that booked in October

As for Hershey bars 🤮 Lol
I was holding back this morning anyway because of Homecomin' at lunchtime, originally it was going to be granola and fruit. That didn't stick! Hershey bars yes I know but the non chocolate stuff is less offensive

Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Wow , all amazing loving it all , shame about Cali grill brunch , we have it booked so hopefully we will have a better experience than you did ! And your not helping me with my dilemma on whether to upgrade to dxddp 😂😂😂 looking forward to the rest , have a great time xxx
Ah you'll be fine. Conclusions on DxDDP not far away so don't book it just yet

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I swear we arent stalking you .. we just got back from homecomin ... I rolled of the bus to my room...
So much food but so good right
Californivacation
Unread 25 Jul 18, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Very Serious Dibber

Disney Planning's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Well I thought I had been joining in, but maybe it's my imagination, perhaps I've just read and got distracted!
Anyway, Trails End looked good, shame about the service, which can let anywhere down. Did you take a walk around the campground while DW and DD were horse riding?
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jul 18, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
Imagineer

Rescuer's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Stay strong! I was thinking I'd try to beat it with a 48 hour starvation or no carbs but then I realised I'm out visiting a brewery with my friends 24 hours after returning

Lobster popcorn sometimes two words were just meant to be together how can you take something like that off the menu
Youll be fine. You cant go cold turkey anyway after all that glorious food!

Im counting on you to find me a standout item to replace the void created by the lack of lobster popcorn soup...