Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Unread 8 Aug 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
You have to get the cake to take away it keeps really well in the hotel fridge - not that it lasted very long Of the 5 different savoury 2 dishes we tried, the fried chicken was easily the worst dish and I would advise people not to get it.

You probably already picked up that Guy Fieri is opening a chicken tenders restaurant at Disney Springs at some point, while I can tolerate him on the DDD show I'm not a fan. He also did some stuff on the Planet Hollywood menu but that new restaurant could be insanely popular
Good tip for the cake! I'll try to remember that in Nov 2019 👍

Hope your diet is going well 😜

PS: I follow the Disney Food Blog religiously so yes I am aware of the chicken tenders place... But there are sooo many other Disney Springs options that are more of interest... House of Blues, Morimoto, the Boathouse and Paddlefish all come to mind...

Edited at 07:17 PM.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Gran Destino Tower Adventure!
Unread 8 Aug 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
- MCO Lounge
- BA flight

Travel home day was uneventful happily. We got everything done in plenty of time and I managed to sneak into the MCO lounge with the girls on my Premium Economy ticket (it wasnt overly busy so think the staff were being nice). We had a couple of fairly unexciting snack plates with no-one being that hungry.

Then it was onto the flight. DD was the photographer for the Club World contingent but the results were a little sparse, no menus so its a game of guess the item.
DW Champagne and Diet Coke, fairly confident on this

DD milk (#CMGjnr) and snack

Starter tray with a tomato and mozzarella salad, bread and the side salad for the main. They must have both had this.

This is harder. The big ball is probably a DD steak special and served with rice and...ratatouille?

Must be DWs. Some sort of fish with a coating top left the weird fishy looking stick on the right is hopefully marbled potato and Ill say brocollini (this is Club World after all), carrots and a tomato creme fraiche sauce.

This was it from those two, no menu, dessert pics, snack visits, breakfast in fact no memory of what they actually ate beyond a request to look at the photos. Never mind!

Meantime back in Premium Economy (which was lovely btw) heres the menu:

I started with a glass of Spanish red, nice - had a couple of these. Then I decided to try a new theory, order the plainish pasta option instead of the meat I always pick and load it with salt and pepper.

This worked a blinder on the main, the pasta was actually tasty. I know! I think Im losing it and its time to go home. Also on the tray the bread roll (okay), salad (only the cheese worth eating) and a black forest pot not the millionaire shortcake on the menu. The black forest was just ok, chocolate mousse with a whiff of cherry. But much improved on the usual efforts, not one thing on the tray made me shudder or want to fling it down the aisle

I re-watched Infinity War then grabbed a few hours sleep. Woken up by a sparse breakfast of a cream cheese pretzel roll thing, crunch bar and coffee.

Again, nothing to complain about, BA have righted a lot of wrongs with me on this trip. At the other end it was all again fairly straightforward and home on time

---------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who read, liked and commented, your support has been awesome. Im calling the report complete at this time though will blog a few more conclusions once I have a chance to work out some DDP cost numbers and a few final memes later in the week (what did happen in Bobas Quest?).

Who knows which way the future will take us

Edited at 08:22 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 8 Aug 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do this food trippie
I have really enjoyed reading along with your great, good and not so good meals.

You have put so much into making it entertaining for all your followers

Joan
Unread 8 Aug 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Ive thoroughly enjoyed your food report. Thank you so much for writing it and I really hope you do go back soon!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd stay at POFQ!
Unread 8 Aug 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

What a fabulous report! (Very) Entertaining & informative too!

Enjoyed followed along on your adventures, I was constantly a few days behind so didnt comment at the time.

Your daughter is an amazing little eater, so brave with her choices on occasion - must be great to use something like the DDDP to try out things.

Shame about Via Napoli & Yachtsman really... think youve put me off when theres so many other places to try.

Welcome home too-journey doesnt sound half bad... apart from the actual coming home of course
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I can't wait to go back...
Unread 8 Aug 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

Fantastic report, thanks for putting all the time an effort in, it's been a great read.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Good tip for the cake! I'll try to remember that in Nov 2019 👍

Hope your diet is going well 😜

PS: I follow the Disney Food Blog religiously so yes I am aware of the chicken tenders place... But there are sooo many other Disney Springs options that are more of interest... House of Blues, Morimoto, the Boathouse and Paddlefish all come to mind...
Diet is on phase one - finish up all the holiday snacks. This phase always goes well Spoilt for choice at Disney Springs these days although they still haven't cracked the evening atmosphere for me

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thank you for taking the time to do this food trippie
I have really enjoyed reading along with your great, good and not so good meals.

You have put so much into making it entertaining for all your followers

Joan
No problem, it's the daft bits that keep me engaged in writing it, love it when someone spots one of my hidden jokes or obscure cultural references

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Ive thoroughly enjoyed your food report. Thank you so much for writing it and I really hope you do go back soon!
No problem at all, it was a pleasure Not sure people will be interested in a dining report from our next countdown (3 x European parks with me and DD) but we'll definitely be back at WDW or maybe a 1st trip to Disneyland and California at some point. Probably a non Disney report next though as the next major holidays are family milestone ones that aren't selected by DD or I! If you look at my signature we tend to go every 3 years which is as often as DW will agree too.

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
What a fabulous report! (Very) Entertaining & informative too!

Enjoyed followed along on your adventures, I was constantly a few days behind so didnt comment at the time.

Your daughter is an amazing little eater, so brave with her choices on occasion - must be great to use something like the DDDP to try out things.

Shame about Via Napoli & Yachtsman really... think youve put me off when theres so many other places to try.

Welcome home too-journey doesnt sound half bad... apart from the actual coming home of course
Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed. It was one of the easiest trips home ever. DD was great with the food choices, I reckon positive feedback on here encouraged her to try more so Yachtsman food is amazing by the way I just couldn't resist making fun of the Yacht Club decor and vibe sometimes and you probably shouldn't let that put you off a great restaurant

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Fantastic report, thanks for putting all the time an effort in, it's been a great read.
I'm looking forward to having a break and reading your new one which must be starting soon And also wishing I'd ordered what you ordered in some of the signatures...
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 10:23 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 8 Aug 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Enjoyed every minute of your report CMG thank you so much for sharing xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
18 Nights POR 1 Night BWV
Eat and Play Card