Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Aug 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
19 Years Later- October 2017- Day 7- Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom at Night

Hi guys! Uploading a few days early as Lauren and I are off on an adventure to Disneyland Paris later this week! We are so excited!

I’m no longer ahead with the writing for this report now but will do my very best to stick to uploading a new day every 2 weeks but it may be a little slower.

It’s safe to say this day did not end how we expected it to but it made for some funny memories (even if we weren’t laughing at the time hehe). I hope you enjoy reading!
Day 7- Saturday 21st October 2017- Boma breakfast, Disney Springs, Chef Art's Homecoming lunch and Animal Kingdom at night!

Despite our late night Lauren and I both woke up quite early. I woke at 6 but managed to fall back to sleep until 7:30 but Lauren was awake for a while.

Thankfully we had a much more relaxing start to the day planned!

We had an ADR for breakfast down at Boma at 8!

Boma is one of our favourite restaurants on site! Normally it can be a bit of a pain to get to for an early ADR so it was nice that today we would only have to walk downstairs!

Mum and I were ready first so we went down just before 8 to check in and Dad and Lauren arrived a few minutes later.

DSC09091 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09092 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We were seated just before 8:10.

Boma is a buffet restaurant with no characters but can still get quite noisy. This has never bothered us and to be honest having an earlier reservation meant it really wasn't too busy down there today.

One of the things we love most about Boma is that it offers some more unique items along with the usual breakfast/dinner buffet fare!

I haven't made any notes about our server but from what I recall she was really nice and quick with drink refills and clearing used plates from the table which is always a bonus at buffet restaurants!

We had a nice table a little further back from the buffet which, although you have to walk slightly further to get food, means it was much calmer and quieter!

DSC09093 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09094 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Our server took our drink orders, sprite, coke and hot tea plus of course unlimited jungle juice, and we were free to go up and get our food!

I won't spend ages writing about all the food on offer as I went round and pretty much photographed everything hehe.

DSC09095 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09096 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09098 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09099 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09101 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09149 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09106 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09105 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09102 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Some of the carved meat

DSC09107 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09108 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09109 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Oatmeal

DSC09111 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09114 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09115 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09117 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09120 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09118 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09119 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09126 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09121 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09122 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09124 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09125 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09123 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09127 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09128 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09129 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09130 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I think this stuff is for omelettes but not sure

DSC09151 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09152 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09153 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Granola stuff

DSC09154 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09155 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09156 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09158 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09150 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09133 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09134 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09135 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09139 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09138 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09140 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Continued below…

*Link to my Trip Reports*
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

DSC09144 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09143 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09145 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09173 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09174 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09159 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09160 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09161 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09162 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09163 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09164 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09165 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09166 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09167 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09168 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09169 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09170 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09172 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09176 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The french toast bread pudding again! Yum!

DSC09178 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Replenished donuts!

As my feet were still a little sore from all the walking the night before I grabbed myself a savoury and sweet plate at the same time haha.

DSC09146 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

My savoury plate consisted of sausages, bobatie, bacon, tater tots and I decided to be brave and try plantain (although this kind of feels like a sweet item!)

DSC09147 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

My sweet plate had a Simba waffle (and I thought Mickey waffles were cute!), sticky pecan bun, a pancake, a Krispy Kreme donut and some French toast bread pudding with vanilla sauce!

DSC09148 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Honestly the selection of food on offer is fantastic! There was so much more that I could have tried from the buffet, I don't think I even got round to any of the pastries!

Lauren and I hadn't had dinner the night before so we were absolutely starving but we had to control ourselves a little as we had a late lunch at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming (a late addition to the plan hence it had ended up on the same day as a buffet breakfast!)

I enjoyed pretty much everything on both my plates although I wasn't overly keen on the bobatie this time. It's usually one of my favourites and we've even made it at home before but it just wasn't as nice as normal today. Maybe it was because it was breakfast, it felt weird having it first thing as opposed to at dinner.

Dad tried the African spiced corned beef hash and said it was really spicy (although we are spice wimps in our family hehe) so I didn't try any of that!

I liked the plantains and would definitely eat it again.

On my sweet plate the standout winners were the sticky bun and the French toast bread pudding! But it was all delicious!

I was so hungry I haven't taken any pictures of what everybody else ate. I know Dad had the above mentioned corned beef hash as it was in my notes and I know Lauren had a second plate of toast and cream cheese and tater tots, again as it's in my notes and I know mum at some point will have had fruit with yoghurt!

Although we were trying to be good for later I couldn't resist going back up for another plate, but just a small one this time!

My 3rd plate contained another donut because I am a donut fiend and a slice of banana bread which I teamed with African chocolate hazelnut sauce (African Nutella basically)!

DSC09179 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09180 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The banana bread and sauce were a great combination! By the time I'd finished though I felt like I needed to be rolled out of there! I could barely even finish my glass of jungle juice (which our server had kept well topped up all breakfast!)

We had all thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast! It's probably one of our favourite breakfasts onsite!

We used 4 table service credits but it would have cost $115.02 and we left a $20 tip.

Mum and Dad were off to the premium outlets this morning on Vineland Avenue. Lauren and I had been tempted to join them, especially for a visit to Character Warehouse but we hardly had any time planned in for Disney Springs this trip (Mum and Dad had another visit there later in the trip) so we really didn't want to cut out our morning there.

We left Boma at 8:50 and they headed outside to grab a taxi to take them.

Before Disney Springs Lauren and I wanted to get in some pool time!

We headed back to the room first to change. Again it was really nice not to have to get back somewhere after Boma other than a short trip up in the lift and a bit of a walk. Especially as I was so full up!

I know you're really supposed to wait a while before going swimming after you've eaten (especially a big heavy meal!) but we weren't planning any proper swimming really so we decided we'd be ok!

The pool at AKL is lovely and a really good size! This meant it didn't feel too busy although we did notice that it was mostly fellow brits down at the pool at this time as it hadn't quite had a chance to properly warm up so the water was a little chilly!

The pool is zero entry which I always like as it means you can walk in gradually getting used to the water hehe.

We probably only spent about half an hour in the pool before we decided to head over to the hot tub for a little while!

We went to the other hot tub today which was smaller than the main one we'd been to in the evening but it was quiet so that was nice!

We eventually went up at 9:50. We never really spend ages by the pool on a Disney trip, we used to spend hours in them as kids but that was back when you could only buy 7 day park tickets so there was plenty of spare time for us to pretend we were mermaids with the kids we'd made friends with!

Honestly I have the most amazing memories of us making friends with American kids and just having so much fun playing in the pools together! We would spend entire days with these kids and all our parents sometimes! It was such a novelty playing with American children and talking about how different it was living and going to school in the US compared to living in the U.K.!

I digress, with so much to do in Disney these days and the fact we're well past the age of pretending to be mermaids (well based on what is socially acceptable, you know if we had a private pool I'd be purchasing myself one of those mermaid tails you can swim in and living my best life ).

Also the pools tend to be fairly busy, which never mattered as kids as it meant more choice of potential friends hehe, but these days means we're most likely to be splashed in the face (Lauren wears contacts so this is a no no for her), pool time just isn't really something we tend to dedicate an entire morning to.

Elsewhere in the world I will happily sit and sunbathe with a book or some music for hours but with the parks etc nearby it's just too tempting!

It is one thing we always feel quite torn about though, especially when staying at the deluxes as they have such lovely pools! Part of me wants to really make the most of staying in such a beautiful resort and spend time at the pool every day but also there is always so much that we want to do in the parks and as I said the pools just don't hold our attention like they used to, although I am still a total water baby and given the chance would spend ages playing find the cent (another one of our favourite childhood pool games where Dad would drop a coin in the water and we'd swim around trying to find it!) but as I said in a public pool it's probably not socially acceptable, just like the mermaid thing haha.

We jumped out at 9:50 and headed back to the room.

We had showers and got changed before leaving again at 10:15.

The bus arrived at 10:20 and we had it all to ourselves!

DSC09181 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The Disney Springs bus loop is different to the park one and stops at Jambo first so we had to go up to Kidani Village to collect there too.

Nobody was waiting but the bus driver sat for a few minutes just in case anybody did turn up. Nobody did so we left just before 10:30.

It was lovely to have a more relaxed morning! As much as we love getting to the parks first thing and fitting in lots it was really nice to have a more slow paced morning!

There was still a lot of road works going on around Disney Springs so getting in was still a little congested but hopefully the new roads will make it easier to get around Disney once all the work is done!

We pulled up at Disney Springs at 10:50!

DSC09182 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We used to spend a lot of time here on our trips as kids and teenagers so it holds a lot of memories for us!

I can remember when we stayed at the Grosvenor Resort across the road from it (which is now the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista). We must have been maybe 13 and nearly 15 and Mum and Dad decided we were old enough to go to Downtown Disney (as it was called then) by ourselves. I can remember getting the boat across to West Side so we could visit Candy Cauldron and buy stuff that Mum and Dad probably would have said no to haha. I remember buying a huge caramel apple!

Of course most of Disney Springs looks quite different these days! When we first saw it I thought it looked like an upmarket shopping outlet and I still think that but it has grown on me. It has a very relaxed feel to it and I love all the crystal blue water!

DSC09183 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09191 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09192 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09194 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09195 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09196 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09198 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09199 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was beautifully warm out today and fairly quiet at this time and it just felt so lovely and peaceful!

Lauren took a couple of pictures of my outfit on one of the bridges. You can’t really see in the picture but the bottom of the dress has Moana and Maui on it!

_MG_7515 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The Moana dress was from Emp

_MG_7516 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I had the Moana necklace to match from Hot Topic!

We popped in to Sprinkles for a little look but didn’t get a cupcake.

DSC09184 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09186 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09187 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09188 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09190 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Continued below…

xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

We walked across the bridge that leads to the Rainforest Cafe side. We popped into the RC shop just for the smell as again it brings back memories of being little! It was our favourite restaurant as children as the novelty of eating whilst surrounded by a 'thunderstorm' in a Rainforest was like nothing we'd ever seen back at home!

DSC09203 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09201 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09200 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09204 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09205 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
This was the waffle bubble wrap we’d wanted to try on the first night!

40062124_937097609814979_8709435825013653504_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I liked this shirt in Rainforest Café!

Next stop was the Christmas shop! We always buy a decoration for every trip!

DSC09206 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09211 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09212 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09213 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09214 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Today I bought 3 of the flat Mickey head decorations.

I adore these! They are so cute! As well as 2 Christmas themed ones I also bought the Port Orleans French Quarter one as I have the Old Key West one from the last trip and POFQ is one of our favourite Disney resorts!

DSC02199 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC02200 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC02201 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Now we might have been celebrating Halloween in Magic Kingdom the night before but it turned out that Christmas had also arrived in Disney Springs that day!

Obviously its Christmas 365 days a year in this shop but we noticed a display of things we hadn't seen last time! The Christmas season specific merchandise was out!

Just like Disney start displaying the Halloween merchandise in August the Christmas stuff apparently comes on to shelves in October!

DSC09216 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09215 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09217 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We are Christmas addicts so this was super exciting!

We immediately spotted the gingerbread mix which came with a Mickey Gingerbread man cookie cutter!

I've always wanted one of these cutters so was really excited that we were there in time for some of the Christmas merchandise!

DSC02131 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I haven't made an individual note of prices but the 3 decorations and the Mickey gingerbread set came to $61.60.

We both made our gingerbread at Christmas and it was yummy!

After we finished here we headed over to Mickey's Pantry. We didn't buy anything but any excuse to look at Disney homeware hehe.

DSC09218 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09219 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Next up was the Art of Disney which leads through to the Wonderful World of Memories! I'm so glad they've left most of the marketplace shops as they are (so far at least ) as I love these little stores!

DSC09220 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09221 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09222 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09223 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09224 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09227 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09228 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
These dolls might be dressed in Disney outfits but they really give me the creeps!

They had some more Christmas stuff in the memories store including some really cute Minnie ears! Lauren and I were both very tempted by the tartan bow pair but as it's unlikely we'll ever go at Christmas due to it being so busy and also expensive in the school holidays we didn't buy them.

DSC09225 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09226 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09229 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09230 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

One thing I wanted was a nice Disney photo frame. One that was a little more subtle so I picked a nice black frame with hidden Mickey cut-outs in the corners!

40159447_667231593643955_8224680479975014400_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

They also had the Disney bathroom collection in here. I picked up the navy blue hidden Mickey hand towel to go with the light blue and beige versions I already had.

Together they came to $42.58.

We popped in to Once Upon A Toy but it’s tiny in there now, about a third of the size it used to be.

DSC09236 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09237 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09235 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Our next stop was the pin shop for Lauren as she had decided to start collecting them this trip so wanted to add a few more to her collection to go with the speciality pins she'd already bought this trip (Food and Wine and MNSSHP).

DSC09232 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09231 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

She chose 2 Peter Pan pins, the Animal Kingdom Lodge pin I had bought earlier in the trip and also a Wilderness lodge pin as she wants to collect a pin for each resort we stay in like I do. We stayed at WL in 2015 so she wanted to have one for that as we loved staying there so much!

I actually haven't made a note of the prices of these but I think they were all between $10 and $15 each. I don't have any pictures either, sorry!

We carried on over to the Marketplace Co-Op next to visit one of our favourite shops, Centrepiece! Again it's Disney homeware! What's not to love hehe.

Since we'd last visited they had added a couple of new bits to the Peter Pan homeware collection!

There was a gorgeous Neverland Photo Frame that neither of us could resist!

40213630_240946769942335_6631805396266778624_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I also picked up a Neverland map dessert plate too!

40142131_275442649846554_6756672181599469568_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I decided I wanted to buy a cup from the 'Believe in Magic' range too! I love this range and already have a couple of pieces from it, it is all beautiful!

DSC02153 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC02154 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC02155 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC02156 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I felt a bit guilty about how much I was spending (even though, as always, I'd saved really hard for my spends) so I decided I would return the hand towel I'd bought in the Memories shop seeing as I already had it in other colours.

I took it to the register and asked to return it which was no problem and they took it off my total.

It came to $52.13 minus the cost of the towel which was around $15 I believe.

The photo frame was around $28, the plate around $13 and the cup around $20 all before tax.

Lauren also bought the frame and the dessert plate!

When we finished here our next stop was World of Disney!

DSC09243 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Now remember how I said the look of all the new buildings had grown on me above?

I draw the line at the recent reform of this once beautiful and interesting shop!

Thankfully on this trip it still looked as it always has, detail everywhere you looked, amazing theming, displays hanging from the ceilings with some of our favourite Disney characters, a miniature of Cinderella's castle in the middle, the princess themed room! It was full of Disney charm!

From the pictures I've seen of it over the last few months, all of that is gone!

In its place is, in my opinion, a bland, dull, colourless box with modern loft apartment style decor; exposed brickwork and pipes, modern light fixtures etc. Apparently it's not complete until this autumn so maybe the exposed piping will go and I'm judging too early before they've had a chance to give the place any charm.

Don't get me wrong I actually like that style of decor but not in a Disney store, the world’s largest at that!

There are some Disney touches, character sketches and the like, plus the fact the shelves are lined with Disney merchandise but personally I think they have really ruined the vibe of the place. It could be any old shop now.

Granted I haven't seen it in person yet and as I said it isn't yet complete but I feel really disappointed that they have modernised it so much to fit in with the upmarket feel of Disney Springs these days.

The old store was like a magical wonderland, especially as a child! I feel sad that all that is gone.

Continued below…

Old 28 Aug 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

I digress today World of Disney was as it always had been!

DSC09242 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Farewell beautiful Disney theming!

DSC09241 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09240 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I was very tempted by this table runner to add to my Beauty and the Beast dining set but it cost something like $75 and I couldn’t justify it!

I was on the lookout for some presents today!

First I picked up a blue Walt Disney Word Stitch jumper for my boyfriend as that's one of his favourite Disney characters. I liked the jumper as it matched the grey Mickey version I have from a previous trip! I wasn't sure how my boyfriend would feel about almost matching Disney jumpers but thankfully he's a good sport haha. He had worn my Mickey one once when he forgot his jumper (my jumper was from the men's section) and it really suited him so I was glad to be able to get him his own version hehe. It was around $60 before tax I believe.

40139804_291933674921575_5177778126972780544_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

40133627_486293101851172_9040380673126301696_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I also picked up some of the compartmented plates for the kids I look after! I was planning to get them something else as well but I knew they'd love these plates! We mostly eat lunch from them but if I serve dinner in them the girls like to have something in every part, even if I'm serving them carbonara or something hehe. They cost around $7 each before tax I believe.

DSC02130 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I also brought a set of Mickey pumpkin Halloween light! They are battery powered and shaped like a necklace for people to wear in the parks at night but I wanted some for the mantelpiece over Halloween! I think they cost around $14.

DSC02136 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I also bought 2 Mickey fabric placemats! These matched the dessert plates I'd ordered in my Fairytale Personal Shopper haul! I love that they're obviously Disney but not over the top! When we moved in and eventually bought a dining table I regretted not buying 4 for when we had guests over so a very kind Dibber Vicky picked me up a couple more when she went! They were around $12 each if I remember right.

40167814_2063574670626384_8370509201088184320_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Mum and Dad called as we were paying to say they'd arrived! They'd asked the taxi back from the Premium outlets to drop them directly to Disney Springs so they didn't have to faff around with buses!

Once we'd paid we met them outside Uniqlo. We didn't have time to go in for a look though as we had our ADR at Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' just after 1 and we didn't actually know where it was!

It took us a little while to find as we still find the new area a little confusing as everything looks quite similar!

DSC09245 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09276 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We eventually found it! It's in the Landing area not far from Morimoto Asia.

DSC09247 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09248 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Mum and Dad had enjoyed a nice morning at the Premium Outlets. They had both bought a new pair of trainers and Dad had picked up a couple of Polo Ralph Lauren shirts.

We checked in but they couldn't find our ADR on the computer system. When they checked the paper list though we were on there thankfully!

We were given a buzzer and went to sit on some chairs outside! It was such a lovely temperature today! What I wouldn't give to be sitting out there now in the beautiful sunshine waiting to be called in for a yummy meal!

The buzzer went off at 12:55 and we were shown to a table right next to the check in area where everybody was waiting.

We really weren't that keen on it so asked if it would be possible to wait for a table a little further in to the restaurant.

This was no problem and they said there would be one available in a few minutes!

DSC09249 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09250 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09251 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09252 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

At around 1 they called us back over and we were shown to a table in the centre.

We were really glad we'd asked to wait longer for a better table as this one was much nicer and enabled us to really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this restaurant!

DSC09259 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09260 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09261 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We absolutely loved it in there. It was probably one of our favourite meals this trip! It just felt like such a lovely chilled family meal. The music playing was good but not loud, the decor is really nice and all the windows make it bright and airy in there! It had such a relaxed vibe which really matched the feel of our more chilled out morning.

Not long after we were seated the manager came over to introduce himself and said if there was anything we needed just to ask. I always think this is a really nice touch!

Our server was also brilliant and quick with the refills as we were all quite thirsty after our busy morning shopping!

The food here sounded right up our street which is why we'd added it as a last minute ADR!

DSC09253 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09254 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09255 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09256 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09257 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09258 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The signature item here is the fried chicken with donuts as the side! I'm a fan of sweet and savoury together so this sounded like just my sort of thing! You can also order the chicken on its own without the donuts if that's a bit too weird for you!

Lauren normally doesn't get the sweet and savoury on the same plate thing but even she decided she fancied trying it!

Mum wasn't so sure so just ordered the fried chicken.

Dad went totally the other way to us and ordered the grouper as he wanted something a little healthier.

We all enjoyed chatting about our mornings! We love in park ADR's but often find that we're still in park mode, discussing what we'll do when we've finished the meal (not always but it does happen) so it was nice to enjoy a bit of family down time just chatting in general!

The manager returned to our table to let us know when our food was a couple of minutes away from being served. He apologised for the wait and said at least we knew it was all cooked fresh! We really didn't think there had been an unreasonable wait at all. We all felt so relaxed in this lovely restaurant that it certainly wasn't an issue (I swear I'm not on commission and will stop going on about how relaxed it was in there as I think you've got the gist by now haha).

The food was fantastic! Dad really enjoyed his fish.

DSC09264 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The real winner was the fried chicken though! It was incredible! I don't think I've ever said that about fried chicken before but it really was. The batter was so light and tasty and the chicken was good quality!

DSC09266 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09267 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09268 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09270 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I have to say though surprisingly I wasn't such a big fan of the donuts which is very unlike me.

They were covered in powdered sugar and had a cinnamon taste to them. Now you'll know I love cinnamon if you've read my reports before but I found it a little overpowering with the chicken. I think the donuts would have been nicer glazed or in caster sugar but I don't think the US tend to cover donuts with the latter like we get from bakeries/supermarkets here (I've never seen them at least). But I think it was mostly the cinnamon that put me off. Otherwise it was a fantastic dish though, the mash was buttery and perfect with no lumps! It doesn't look like much chicken on the plate but it was so filling!

Even more surprisingly Lauren really enjoyed the donuts! It's rare that Lauren likes something sweet more than me and certainly not when it's served with a savoury dish! She is also new to the world of liking cinnamon so again it was interesting that she liked them and I wasn't 100% sold!

Mum also really enjoyed the fried chicken! In place of the donuts it came with a savoury cheese scone and she said it was absolutely amazing so I think I'll be getting the fried chicken on its own when we eat here next as it looked amazing!

DSC09263 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We were all so full after we'd finished! Mum, Dad and Lauren didn't think they could face dessert straight away so when our server brought over the menu they asked if they could have theirs boxed up to take away. Lauren was feeling it after not having a great night’s sleep so she and Mum decided to head straight out to get the bus back to Animal Kingdom Lodge

I quite wanted to eat mine now so Dad very kindly offered to wait with me!

DSC09271 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Our dessert choices were donuts for Dad and Lauren (donuts were the only thing on the dessert menu that Lauren liked hence she was ordering more hehe), shine cake for Mum and Hummingbird cake for me!

Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long! Our server brought over Mum, Dad and Lauren's all boxed up and mine served on a plate! Unfortunately I don’t have pictures of theirs because of this.

DSC09272 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09274 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Wow, wow, wow! The hummingbird cake was incredible! Just going to throw this out there but I think it may be the best cake I've ever eaten and I've done some pretty extensive research!

It is a banana and pineapple cake with a cream cheese frosting. I'm not a fan of pineapple generally but the flavour was subtle and added just the right amount of sweetness! I love banana cake/loaf and the flavour was absolutely perfect here and the texture of the sponge was light as sometimes banana cake can be a little dense! I know a lot of people hate the word moist but there really was no other way to describe this cake! The frosting was just the right level of sweetness so as not to make the cake overly sickly despite the huge layer it was covered with! It was cake perfection!

It was also a ginormous portion! I didn't want to be defeated by it but I was! I only managed to eat half! Perhaps if we hadn't already had a huge breakfast at Boma I could have managed it hehe.

It was so good that I couldn't possibly leave the other half behind so I asked our server if I could possibly have another box to put it in which wasn't a problem!

While I was eating Dad had sorted out the dining credit and tips (Lauren and I work out our estimated tips and give Dad the cash in dollars before we go so that it doesn't get complicated at the end of meals when we're out there trying to work out who owes what) . We used 4 table service credits but it would have cost $174.66 and we left a $30 tip.

We really fell in love with this place! Another fantastic addition to Disney Springs!

We left at 2:20 and walked over to the bus stops.

We passed the giant coke store and I was so tempted to go in as we've never been inside before but I knew Dad was keen to get back for a rest.

DSC09277 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We got to the bus stop at 2:27 and one arrived just after 2:30!

We made it back to Jambo House just before 2:55.

After my shopping spree I decided it would probably be a good idea to pop over to Concierge to pay off my room charges again!

In the last few days I had spent $446 so I paid that off with travellers checks and cash. I find paying the charges off every few days helps me to keep track of what I'm spending!

Mum and Lauren were asleep when we got back so we came in quietly and lay down too.

I didn't sleep but had some down time on my phone.

We were back out again tonight. This time to Animal Kingdom so I woke everyone around 4 to get ready.

We managed a quick turnaround today! I may have already mentioned it but one bonus of October compared to August is not sweating off all your make up by lunch time!

DSC09278 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
My lion king themed outfit! The dress was from Emp and the ears were made by AnascreationsByAna on Etsy

DSC09285 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We left the room at 4:25 and were at the bus stop just before 4:30.

It looked a little grey and stormy out so we hoped it would pass over!

The bus arrived at 4:38 after picking up at Kidani Village first and we were arriving at Animal Kingdom at 4:43!

Bag check was quiet at this time and we were all sent through the scanners.

We made it in to the park at 4:50. It felt quite humid now but then Animal Kingdom often does feel like the hottest park!

DSC09287 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09288 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Timon was just heading off

Continued below…

Old 28 Aug 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

I love the vibe here in the evenings! The lighting is lovely and it's such a pretty park as the sun starts to set!

We had a fastpass for the safari from 4:30-5:30 so we headed up there first.

DSC09290 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was a 25 minute standby wait and we waited around 5 minutes in the fastpass line. Apparently there was an animal on one of the tracks which always adds to the wait time a little.

The cast member sending people to wait in rows loved mine and Lauren's Minnie ears!

We noticed that the script seemed a little different to normal. They didn't mention the baobab trees or the ostrich eggs. I wondered if it was because these things are fake so they'd decided not to include them anymore or if it was just that this safari guide forgot.

DSC09293 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09294 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09298 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09301 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09305 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09309 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09310 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09311 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09316 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09318 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09319 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09320 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09321 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We finished here at 5:35.

We were now in to our fastpass window for perhaps our most anticipated ride this trip!

Yep it was time to ride Flight of Passage!

We had read nothing but good things about this ride! We made our way down to Pandora!

DSC09328 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09329 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09330 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09331 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09332 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09333 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The line to scan fastpasses was quite long but we were soon making our way along the line!

As we approached the second band scanner there was a man walking along the line past everybody else.

If I remember right he had one of the red cards they give you for wait times although he must have had a fastpass too but he kept showing it to any guest who asked why he was queue jumping. Either it was a different card he had or he'd just misunderstood what the red card was for.

Even with a fastpass it's still a fairly long process to actually get on the ride.

Eventually though we were on our way in to the first pre-ride video area where you are linked to an avatar!

DSC09334 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The theming is well done even if you haven't seen the film! Dad hadn't seen it at all and Lauren had only watched half of it at this point but it didn't affect any of the enjoyment of the ride!

After the first pre-ride video you are taken through to a second area with another short video explaining how to sit on the ride vehicles and where to store bags etc.

After this you are taken through to the ride area! They give you 3D glasses as you enter.

*Possible spoilers below if you haven't ridden it yet*

It doesn't look that remarkable when you first walk in. There are shelves at the back of the room to leave bags in and a row of what sort of looks like exercise bikes with no wheels.

You have to lean forward with your stomach against the front of 'bike' and then the back lifts up to secure you in!

I had seen the ride compared to Soarin' with a different ride vehicle. I'd agree with this as it's a very similar sensation, essentially it's a simulator, you can feel the wind in your hair and there are different smells.

I'd say Flight of Passage goes above and beyond though in the little touches such as being able to feel your banshee taking breaths. The ride vehicle expands and contracts beneath you!

The effect of feeling like you are truly flying on a banshee is so well done! The twists and turns and dips, it really feels as if you're taking them!

The video is stunning! If you have watched the film then you know that they created a beautiful place in Pandora and the ride video Disney have created is no different!

It is truly a fantastic ride and it's understandable why it gets the wait times it does! I didn't want it to end!

*no more spoilers*

We finished at 6:25 and it had started to rain as we left so we stayed in the gift shop after for a little while.

DSC09337 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

As this was Pandora's opening year I wanted to get a pin for my collection to mark that!

I also quite wanted one of the plastic bags that were Pandora themed rather than the usual Disney bags hehe.

DSC02189 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

The pin cost $10.64.

DSC09338 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Some of the bioluminescent merchandise!

Thankfully the rain only lasted a few minutes and we were soon able to go out to try another popular Pandora addition, the night blossom drink!

This is the beautifully photogenic frozen drink (non-alcoholic) on sale at the Pongu Pongu refreshment stand!

DSC09342 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09343 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We were really excited to try this!

We ordered 3 between all of us. We used 3 snack credits but they would have cost $19.14 OOP.

DSC09344 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09345 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Excuse the chipped nail varnish!

DSC09347 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We went to sit near the moss wall (another Instagram wall along with the purple/bubblegum walls etc etc).

DSC09340 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Part of the moss wall

I think this is definitely my favourite Disney slushie! It was amazing, the flavours all worked really well together and I am a huge fan of anything passionfruit flavoured so I especially loved the boba pearls! Thankfully there are plenty of these and the straws are wide enough to fit the pearls through.

A definite must try!

Now that it had rained it was a little cooler out which was nice! Especially as we'd nearly melted last time we spent an evening in Animal Kingdom (granted that was in August).

We left Pandora after this and went to use the rest rooms in Pizzafari, this is such a pretty restaurant! I love all the murals on the walls!

DSC09325 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09326 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
They had changed to flatbreads here but this may have changed again now they offer family style quick service dining here in the evenings now

As we'd had a huge breakfast and lunch, dinner was to be just a snack.

We'd been hoping to have the snack portions of mac and cheese from the Eight Spoon cafe as we'd enjoyed it when we'd eaten it here when it was known as Beastly Kiosk. Unfortunately though it was closed already.

DSC09350 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09353 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09354 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09356 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Instead we decided to grab another old favourite savoury snack credit of ours! The chicken fried rice from Yak and Yeti counter service!

These days they have changed the snack entitlement on the chicken fried rice. You used to get a full size side portion of rice in the orange takeaway containers.

DSC09359 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Now you get an individual serving in a smaller red box as 1 snack credit.

DSC09361 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The size difference

We didn't mind this as it had been a full on food day for us!

We went and ordered our snack sized portions. We used 4 snack credits but it would have cost around $17 OOP.

We also asked for some cups of ice water too! This is chilled filtered water and much nicer than you can get from the water fountains! It was actually freezing cold and really refreshing!

We headed to wait for our food and to our surprise they gave us 4 of the orange full size containers! Either they misread the order or they were just trying to get rid of it as it was close to closing.

DSC09363 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09367 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Getting a full size serving ended up being a blessing and a curse but I'll get to that later!

We each grabbed our rice and water and headed towards our last fastpass of the night, Rivers of Light!

This was our first time seeing it as on our August 2016 trip it had been delayed and the Jungle Book- Alive with Magic show was in the outdoor theatre!

We'd read really mixed reviews of Rivers of Light with some people saying it was a little boring so we were going in with managed expectations.

It was a nice stroll over from Yak and Yeti to the theatre! Again it's just a beautiful park to wander in at night!

We scanned our magic bands at the fastpass entrance at around 7:15 and headed inside.

We managed to get seats about 7 rows back! One bonus was these seats were wooden benches as supposed to the stone seating area we'd sat on in August which had been extremely hot!

DSC09373 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I also like that the seating is so well staggered as it means shorties like Mum and I can see without having to worry about tall people blocking the view!

We ate our rice while we waited. It was as yummy as we remembered!

If we'd known we were going to get the full size portions we'd have probably only ordered 3 between us as we had lots left over. However because I'm greedy I kept munching on mine while the show was on!

The park was open until 9:30 tonight so we had a look to see if we could get another fastpass! I think they were all gone for Expedition Everest but we managed to get one for Dinosaur at 8:25!

Rivers of Light started at 7:45!

I have to say despite the lacklustre reviews we'd read of this we all absolutely loved it!

I genuinely don't understand the reviews saying it's boring. Yes perhaps it's a little slower than other night-time shows in Disney but I don't think that's a bad thing. We thought it was beautiful and the music inspiring! It actually brought a tear to my eye!

The floats fit in perfectly with Animal Kingdom and some of the water effects were just as beautiful to watch as fireworks are without the distress these could cause to the animals.

39984913_677111735984337_6740092976476717056_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

40027866_445884299267680_466880142124253184_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

40031569_2394548217462244_2385409314186592256_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

40043915_391800664684980_242340145242570752_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Continued below…

Old 28 Aug 18, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

40049787_1883215385122256_1926283207234289664_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

40112756_535995220175085_8835870900474609664_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

40137677_509829519443972_1077055137865793536_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Don't be put off going to see this if you've seen negative reviews as I really think you have to make your own judgement on these things. I do accept that it won't be everyone's thing but we found it a really fantastic addition to Animal Kingdom and were sad we'd only planned it in once! I think it's worth seeing it for the beautiful soundtrack alone!

It finished at around 8 but as is often the case with theatres like this, it took a little while to get out.

We walked over to Everest once we were out but it was already a 25 minute standby wait so we decided to come back later as we really wanted to ride it in the dark again.

Instead we walked back to the Tree of Life to watch the projection show on it!

We only caught a glimpse of this on our previous trip but we stood and watched for longer tonight and again it's absolutely beautiful and another brilliant addition to the night time experience at Animal Kingdom!

DSC09384 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09389 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09391 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09395 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I'm surprised they haven't thought about adding a projection show on to Spaceship Earth in Epcot now that all the other park icons have them (although the Tower of Terror one is only at Christmas I believe).

Mum and Dad decided to call it a night at this point so we said our goodbyes and Lauren and I headed over to Dinoland to use our Dinosaur fastpass!

DSC09396 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We walked on in the fastpass line.

We were put in the back row which makes for an even more thrilling ride I think as it really throws you around.

40048352_984092398437208_7565729670956580864_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

However I was feeling a little odd when we got off, a little sick and dizzy but it really was so minimal I thought it was probably just where I'd eaten the rice and then been thrown around so much.

40139340_468688136964325_4943698964777009152_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I'm a trooper so I carried on hehe.

We walked straight over to Expedition Everest next as it was listed as a 15 minute wait.

I thought well at least I'll have a little while to let the dizzy spell pass but no it actually wasn't a 15 minute wait. It was a walk on and we walked right on to row 12 right near the back!

This was a bit like the straw that broke the camel’s back as I felt terrible when we got off! Again being thrown around really hadn't helped.

In hindsight I definitely shouldn't have gone on Everest minutes after coming off Dinosaur and feeling a bit queasy but I didn't want to miss Everest in the dark (a sentence I never thought I would write hehe) and as I'd never experienced motion sickness before so I didn't think anything of it.

If you cast your minds back to the first full day of our trip you might remember that for the first time ever I tried to smile for the ride photo and was disappointed as the photo never appeared on our MDE account.

So tonight I thought I’d try again. The result however is the face of someone who is A)forcing the smile anyway as she doesn’t like big drops and B) realising what a big mistake it was to go on this ride when feeling a bit queasy haha

40028920_1875152999195211_5901500869630754816_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Our plan was to head round to Pandora next to get some photos of it at night and we were going to stop along the way for Lauren to get some pictures of the tree of life using her tripod.

We started to make our way along. I was very quiet and didn't want to admit I was feeling terrible.

As we reached Yak and Yeti though I had to confess and Lauren looked at me and said I was white as a sheet!

I really didn't want her to miss getting her photos so we decided to separate and I'd head to get a bottle of water over in one of the shops near the Tree of Life and we'd meet at the entrance to Pandora.

This was a bit of a mistake but I'll get back to that.

I picked up a bottle of lovely ice cold water and I don't know if it was the shock of drinking it so cold but it made me feel like I might be sick so I went to the rest rooms in pizzafari.

I wasn't sick thankfully although looking back locking myself in the restroom with no-one else around probably wasn't the best of ideas as I often feel like I'm going to throw up before fainting and I can never tell the difference until I've either been sick or I'm coming round on the floor!

Mum, Lauren and I are all prone to fainting hence the ginormous lump on my head I mentioned a couple of intros ago after I fainted in a & e.

37912388_2295694317172717_5918157933920649216_n by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
[B]Egghead!]/B]

Fortunately though I didn't faint either as no-one would have known I was in there to help me.

I felt a little better after a bit of air con so headed out to go and meet Lauren at the entrance to Pandora.

I waited for what felt like ages but I couldn't see her anywhere. My phone had unfortunately run out of battery by this point so I had no way to contact her.

I started to feel really ill again like I might faint (or possibly be sick, who can tell) and I didn't know whether I should move to try and find Lauren or whether that would make me feel worse.

I didn't know what to do and felt like I was swaying on the spot. Try not to giggle at this next image but I decided the only thing for it was to sit on the ground and try not to cry, wobbly lip and everything. As you can see I'm the kind of girl you'd want around in an emergency haha.

A passing cast member spotted me and came to ask if I was ok. I explained that I was feeling quite unwell and that I couldn't find my sister. He called a senior cast member to come and help me like an actual lost child hehe (you can go ahead and laugh now it's ok, I know Lauren is laughing reading this :tongue).

She was very kind and helped me up and walked me over to a rock to sit and was just asking me what Lauren looked like/was wearing etc when all of a sudden a panicked Lauren rushed over!

She had felt bad for letting me go off so only took one picture before she'd decided to come and find me.

She must have reached the entrance first and when I never turned up she went in to look for me.

Of course by the time I arrived she had gone!

We were very glad to be reunited and I think there may possibly have been a couple of tears between us hehe.

All was mostly well again. We thanked the cast member for her help!

I carried on drinking my water and resting on my rock while Lauren took a few photos!

I took a few from where I was sitting but they didn't come out very well as I was a bit shaky.

DSC09399 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09403 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09405 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09407 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09410 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09411 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09412 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09417 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09418 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09421 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09422 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09425 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC09429 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Honestly I was kind of gutted as neither of us really got to appreciate and properly take in Pandora at night because of how I was feeling. It truly is beautiful though! The bioluminescence is stunning!

I felt a little better again so got up with Lauren to have a little wander but no, that was a mistake and I felt sick again so Lauren walked with me to the rest rooms holding a pressure point in my wrist that is apparently meant to be good for motion sickness (she has a sickness phobia so researches these things hehe).

Thankfully I wasn't sick but we were a bit worried about how I was going to get back to the bus.

Lauren decided she'd go and ask in the shop if anyone could help while I sat down outside.

The cast member misheard Lauren when she asked how old I was and thought she said 8 rather than 28 so was expecting a little girl haha.

The cast member kindly offered to fetch me a wheel chair.

Oh god this is all just mortifying even thinking about it.

I felt terrible though so we didn't really have much choice. I just wanted to get back so we could try and get something to make me feel better.

So she brought over a wheelchair and poor Lauren was left with the task of pushing me out.

This memory makes us laugh hysterically now but at the time it wasn't that funny as poor Lauren struggled to push me in the wheelchair all the way back towards the exit.

At one point there was a small incline and Lauren had to ask me to get out and walk haha.

At the park exit they asked us to leave the wheelchair behind and they'd fetch another to wheel me to the bus stop.

I was so embarrassed to be causing such a fuss and felt bad for poor Lauren and said I'd be fine to walk back to the bus stop.

Thankfully I was beginning to feel a little less dizzy and queasy and made it to the bus stop without too much trouble!

There was an AKL bus waiting thankfully! Lauren and I were definitely starting to feel a little more giggly about the whole thing now we knew we were nearly back!

We jumped on and it left soon after.

The mix of sitting down, air con and being properly rehydrated again after finishing the whole bottle of water was definitely helping me to feel human again!

I have no idea what time it was by this point or what time we made it back.

Once we were back though we went straight to the gift shop to see if they had any anti-sickness stuff.

Thankfully they sold Dramamine in packs of 2!

Dramamine is fantastic for treating motion or travel sickness! We'd taken it for the entirety of our Disney Cruise the year before! It's good stuff!

Again I haven't really made very good notes on this evening so I have no idea what I paid for the 2 pills. No doubt it was hugely overpriced but I was very grateful that they sold them!

I took one as soon as I got back to the room while we regaled the entire night to Mum and Dad who had missed all the drama!

By the time we went to bed I felt absolutely fine again! I took the second pill in the morning but I'm glad to say it didn't affect me the rest of the trip so must have just been a funny turn/motion sickness feeling.

We all went to bed around 11:30 in the end.

Thanks for reading x

Old 28 Aug 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Another fantastic day (except for you being ill at the end) and glad someone else likes River of Lights. After the reviews we had read we almost didn't go as it was a wet night we were there and we really enjoyed it too.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Oh Aimee, you poor girl, I was actually reading along and thinking how impressed I was at the quantity of food you managed that day and thinking how I would most probably have been stuffed after breakfast and that would have been it for the day!.

More gym work outs required for Lauren though so she can push you uphill in the wheelchair next time!

Thanks for another great day. Have a wonderful time in Paris.

Edited at 08:50 PM.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for another interesting day, it's nice to read such a comprehensive trip report with the good and the less so good. I'm glad your sickness passed quickly.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 05:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Poor you! It's horrible being ill in a park.i love your animal dress, so pretty. AK is my favourite park. Not seen it at night yet though
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List