Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Sep 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - April 2018 - Day 13 - Disney Springs and Magic Kingdom

Day 12 is here

Thursday, 19th April

Ugh, that dreaded feeling. Our last full day. I was NOT ready to go home (I never am). The thought of the holiday coming to an end was bad enough, but having to leave my family behind was making it even worse. I was bluer than a blue thing

Anyway, the boys were up bright and early again for their last round of golf. They were playing at Waldorf Astoria. I fell back asleep until 7.30 when I got up and just pottered about for a bit. I dipped my feet in the pool and generally moped about feeling sorry for myself

I also counted my dollars and realised I still had over $1,300! What a fail! I think cos we had the kids with us there was less time for shopping and cocktails! I decided I would treat myself to some bits and bobs later to burn through some of it!

Emma - I had another good night’s sleep and Abi slept until about 09.00. Paul was long gone for his round of golf with the boys. We were planning on a semi chilled out morning and then hitting MK later as Rach’s tradition dictates her last night MUST be spent there! Lol! I was sad it was the Peachey’s last full day as we had been having such a good time together and I knew Abi would miss having them around but the blow was softened by the fact we still had well over a week left! Sorry Rach. :p

Everyone else got up at 9am. Jake gave his Mum a quick FaceTime and then we all had some breakfast. I gave Abi a taste of my Pop Tart and she liked! She kept asking for more! Haha!

Everyone got showered and ready for the day and we were soon ready to leave! Chocolate milk first though! She loved that stuff and got it as a treat since we were on holiday! Not sure if she has had it since?

Emma – Hahaha she has had it once or twice since coming home and she loves it!

Sharing with Jake….

Hide behind the blinds game….. again! Same as every other morning!

Checking out her new shoes! How cute are those?!

We left at 10.15, heading for Disney Springs!

We parked in the Lime garage where we attempted some selfies!

Cousin duties!

We got some photos of the kids by the fountain. Getting them both to look at the camera at the same time is never an easy undertaking!

We then decided to split up with Jake and I going one way and Emma and Abi going the other, agreeing to meet back up in a bit! Our first stop was the gift shop at T-Rex Café!

I saw this t-shirt which pretty much perfectly represents my life

Jake bought some weird green squishy thing, which you'll see in a minute! We then walked through the springs towards Pandora. I heart Disney Springs so much! It's just so pretty! It's almost hard to remember what it was like before the expansion!

I was side-tracked by a snow cone cart and had to get one! I chose strawberry with a condensed milk topping Hmmm it was so yummy, but SO sticky!

Here is the aforementioned weird squishy thing! Kids have such a good eye for tat, don’t they?!

Next stop was Pandora as I wanted to spend some of that cash on a couple more charms! I chose a heart shape Mickey/Minnie one and a Fantasia one. $170.40 incl tax for both!

Meanwhile, Emma and Abi were over beside Goofy's Candy Company in Marketplace.

Emma - I had decided that a good place to start was a wander around a few places – my note taking is poor compared to little sis and I can’t even remember where we went into but I was on the lookout for poutine and I really fancied trying the one with cheese and mushroom sauce. Weird as I hate actual mushrooms – they are an evil texture but a creamy mushroom sauce is yummy. I ordered and knew I would be sharing these with Abi! They came out and they were really delicious. I ignored the whole mushrooms – there weren’t too many and we enjoyed our chips in the sun. Only on holiday is it acceptable to eat chips in the morning! Hahaha.

Having not spent much time in Disney springs I just went where I thought the Goofy Candy Co would be as I wanted a look around there for something delicious! We headed to the water fountains first and watched them for a while – Abi running up to them but not quite into them – we would be coming back so plenty of time for that!

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews
[continued from previous post]

We came across a stall of dog bandanas things and Abi was super pleased as she loves dogs and they had all these cuddly dog toys and she was hugging them. Cute.

I eventually headed towards Goofy’s place and there were some really good looking treats.

They were giving out free samples of slushy drinks which I tried – yum! There was so many things to buy but I am always so conscious of the heat and not wanting to take back a chocolate puddle so I did the only sensible thing and buy something to eat now! We went outside and shared a Mickey shaped chocolate cake brownie. Abigail was particularly pleased with this! She was definitely enjoying all the snacks she was getting on holiday.

It was so nice just chilling out at the table watching the world go by. I enjoy those Disney days where you just wander around with no agenda and it’s just as much fun as the theme parks. We also got a free sample of candy apple while we were sitting chilling out – it was lovely but too chewy for Abi so I had the caramel and she had the apple! I text Rach to say where we were and she said they were heading our way so we just continued our chilling out. Abi was enjoying sitting in a big girl chair! It wasn’t long before Rach & Jake were with us and Jake was showing Abi his green squidgy purchase.

Back to Jake and I and we were walking round towards West Side.

Jake wanted to look in the Star Wars shop. He had become somewhat obsessed with SW after watching the fireworks and riding Star Tours. An obsession, I may add, that lasted approximately 4 days

He was eyeing up a Darth Vadar outfit, but I managed to talk him out of it thankfully! We then went to Candy Cauldron.

Jake got a chocolate strawberry which he hammed into straight away!

Something else new coming to Disney Springs!

NBA Experience building works.

We nipped into the House of Blues store next. I bought myself a hoody and also a magnet for the fridge. Every holiday needs a new magnet, right?

Jake then wanted to go back to the SW shop for one last look, but again left empty handed!

Emma text at this point, so we said we would head back to Marketplace to meet them. We were distracted by Disney ducks en route.

There are so many new places to try down here!

A quick look in the Lego store too….

Is it just me or is spending nearly a grand on Lego just absolutely bonkers?

On our way to find Emma and Abi we stopped to buy a bottle of water and the CM told me I was beautiful which Jake found highly amusing. He giggled and giggled. And giggled some more. Not sure why that is so funny?

We found Emma and Abi sitting at a table in the shade as it was really hot! Abi of course spotted the green squishy thing and was asking Jake for it!

But soon went back to Timmy Turtle!

[continued in next post]
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Chris called at this point to say they were now at Disney Springs and that my Dad was hangry, so they had gone to T-Rex to try and get a table. I told them we’d be along in a minute. Once there I grabbed their seating receipt and took it up to the podium along with my Landry card. A quick flash of that and we were being led to a table. It really is magic

The boys all said they really enjoyed their golf at the Waldorf Astoria. Chris and Paul treated Dad to his round as a thank you for the villa etc! No photos, as per usual. These boys are useless! They were all complaining of being tired too! Suck it up boys, no sympathy from us

While we waited to be served, Abi amused herself by trying on Daddy's baseball cap!

Soon enough there was a "meteor shower" and Abi was engrossed!

On with the food!

I had bruschetta.

Dad had a burger. Plain one, obvs!

Chris had quesadillas.

Paul had a chicken sandwich thing.

Jake had tomato pasta.

Emma and Abi didn’t have anything since they had eaten earlier, but we all enjoyed ours and our server was really lovely too! Chris, Paul & Dad split the bill and it was $81 plus tip! Thanks lads!

Oh, forgot to say that when I went to the toilet I saw a CM getting a ticking off for not doing the Disney point! In case you didn’t know, CMs are not allowed to point with one finger! The Disney point is two fingers together! We learned that on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour Pay attention next time you are coming into the car park and you'll notice it when they point you in the right direction!

After lunch Dad, Emma, Paul and Abi headed back to the villa, but we stayed a bit longer to have a mooch around the shops! I left Chris and Jake and went off on my own for a bit.

Are you even at Disney Springs if you don’t take this photo?

First stop was Basin.

I bought 2 shampoo and 2 conditioner bars. I had never used these before and thought I'd give them a bash. They were really nice actually and lasted ages! Total for the 4 bars was $26.

I then had a nosey in Mickey's Pantry. I saw plenty I wanted, but left empty handed due to the usual "how am I getting these home safe?" dilemma.

I walked back round towards Town Center to meet the boys and had a seat on a wall while I waited for them. I burnt my butt in the process!

Jake spotted the water thingymabob and tried to work it.

Before Chris stepped in to show him how it's done!

Anyway, Chris had bought some shorts from Levis and Jake had bought 2 more Star Wars Legos. Oh, I also nipped into Uniqlo and bought 2 more t-shirts.

We then headed for the car park.

Last look of Disney Springs

Emma - We headed back to the Villa and just enjoyed playing in the villa! We tried and failed to get Abi to nap – she had fallen asleep in the car and apparently a car nap was enough for today! She was running about playing and was quite happy. We all had some food as well as we knew tea was going to be later as and when we came across something yummy at MK!

It was 2.15pm when we left Disney Springs, but we didn’t get back to the villa until 3pm due to heavy traffic! Grrr! Abi hadn’t napped, but was full of beans, playing with her bubble wand!

Jake had a play about in the pool for a bit, while I lapped up the sun. Dad and Chris both had naps!

At 4pm I got showered and started getting ready. I had my little helper with me and she was running about pretending to put on blusher and then kissing herself in the mirror

Oh and she thought it was funny to keep lifting up my dress Thankfully the novelty wore off before we left the villa, so I wasn’t at risk of being banned from the MK for indecent exposure!

[continued in next post]

Edited at 06:11 AM.
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Anyway, Chris, Jake and I left first (as per) at 4.55pm. Our last drive under here

And through here

We parked in Hook 320 and then enjoyed watching this CM dancing around while directing the cars! I realise my photo doesn’t demonstrate that very well, but you'll just have to take my word for it He was also cheering when the sun went behind a cloud shouting "SHADE" It was hot…..

We walked to the TTC and I snapped this rather excellent shot of the Monorail

We were through security quickly and decided to get the ferry across. We just missed one, but the next one that came along was very quiet, so that was nice!

Waiting….

Here we go!

Ferry selfie!

Almost there

Hurrah!

Meanwhile, Emma and co were catching up to us. How cute does Abi look!

Emma - We left not that long after the other 3 – we were always like the coos tail but we made it out in the end! We opted for the Monorail when we arrived at the TTC. I don’t remember now where we parked but I did remember that day and didn’t get lost after leaving the park! Once we were off the Monorail and into the park we felt it wasn’t as busy as Sunday, but it was still hot! Not as humid as Sunday though. I knew Rach would be blue later but we were going to have a fab last night together. I text Rach to see where they were and they weren’t far so we headed to meet them.

Back to us and we had stopped for a PhotoPass. Jake asked for a magic shot again and we got the balloons. I love it and have it framed in our bedroom

Food was next on the agenda! Chris of course wanted a Casey's hotdog, so I jumped on the app to test out the new mobile ordering! I have to say this worked really well! Impressed! Chris was delighted that he didn’t have to queue!

[continued in next post]
Old 11 Sep 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

I got an alert to say it was ready and off we popped!

That is a big hot dog!

Jake just had a normal sized one and I didn’t have anything?!

Ahh look who found us She was straight in about Jake's apple slices which he graciously handed over!

Paul ordered a hot dog here too and I don’t think Dad and Emma had anything. Well I know they didn’t actually as Dad doesn’t like hot dogs and Emma is a vegetarian! Haha!

Abi wanted outside for a nosey, so Emma and I took her.

Disney ducks!

View

The piano dude was playing, so we watched him for a bit.

Abi had a little boogie, but I only managed to catch a tiny bit on video! Typical!

Then it was back inside where she decided to chat to everyone and then proceeded to flash her belly to them! Hahahahaha!

Back in her buggy and enjoying a chip! Chuffed haha!

Once everyone was finished their food we went off to get a group PhotoPass. Love love love these!

Emma and I then got some photos at the hub.

We then headed round to Liberty Square, stopping to snap a photo of the castle from my fave angle

Disney duck family

A stop was made at Sleepy Hollow for a sweet treat!

Chris, Jake and I didn’t fancy anything, so left the others to choose something while we waited at the Christmas shop.

Emma - Dad decided he fancied a sweet treat so we went to queue and we were debating what to get! It was a hard decision but the strawberry waffle thing with whipped cream won! It was pretty big and Dad was pleased with it. I knew once we caught up with the others it wouldn’t last long! It was like a David Attenborough programme with piranhas and it was devoured within minutes! It was delicious!

They soon came back with this beast!

Once we saw it we were keen to get involved so we all had a taste! Sharing is caring folks Abi got stuck in too!

[continued in next post]
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

After that it was round to Haunted Mansion for our FP

Jake was excited to go back on, but was telling us he was going to close his eyes in the graveyard scene

I sat with Dad, Chris sat with Jake and Emma and Paul had Abi with them. We wondered how she would find this!

Turns out Abi loved it! Haha!

Emma - we weren’t sure how Abi was going to find it but we knew she wouldn’t be scared as she is used to the dark as she sleeps in pitch black no bother. In the stretching room she was too busy people watching to pay attention to anything! Loading into the doom buggy carrying a 19month old on a moving walkway was interesting but I managed no bother! Lol! Abi sat in between us rather than on one of our knees and we just pointed out everything to her and she was fascinated! We were pleased she was loving it and she enjoyed looking for the others as we were going round. Another ride success! We knew we would make Disney park lover out of her!

Since it was such a success we decided to mark the occasion with some Photo Passes

After that a quick stop was made at the Tangled restrooms!

We then made our way back to Liberty Square as Paul, Chris and I fancied doing Hall of Presidents. Jake wasn’t that keen, but he tagged along anyway!

I have to admit that this was a first for me. It's not an attraction I've ever been drawn to, but I was kinda intrigued by all the hype over the Donald Trump animatronic!

We had about 10 minutes or so to wait before being let in! Look how thrilled Jake was….

Well, I have to say that we all enjoyed this! Well, all the adults did! Haha! It was really well done and a lot better than I thought. I think the animatronics are fab, some of them move around, stand up and sit etc, so that is pretty cool. The less said about the Donald Trump one the better though. Wow. It does make you think that the rumours of them starting to create a Hilary Clinton one are true hahahaha!

#usanumberone…..

After that we found the others who had been in Columbia Harbor House for some grub. Notice I had yet to eat a meal tonight? I must have been so preoccupied with enjoying my last night that I forgot

Emma - Dad & I were hungry so I suggested we try Columbia Harbor House! I knew they did seafood as I think I read every menu before we left! I do that here as well. I love a menu read! We had a look at the menu and decided to share the Trio platter which was fried shrimp, breaded chicken breast and battered fish. We had fries and drinks and Abi shared with us. It was really tasty and we all enjoyed it. I have no pictures of this as Paul had my phone in his pocket as it was easier than raking in the bag when I wanted to take pictures but we forgot this when Paul went to the Hall of Presidents and Dad had forgotten his phone that night! Doh! Never mind! It was a nice place to have food and plenty of space and tables. We then headed down towards where the others were and we weren’t sure if we had missed them. Since we had no phones Dad took a wander in but it turned out they were still in the cinema bit so we played outside with Abi while we waited for them. They came out raving about it – well Jake wasn’t as impressed!

It was hitting that beautiful time where the sun is starting to set and everything looks even more beautiful

We were soon back at the hub!

We then headed towards Tomorrowland for our Space Mountain FP!

There was a dance party on and Abi was most intrigued!

[continued in next post]
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

Dad was dancing around with her in the buggy! Haha!

And then we set her free for a bit!

It was now time for Space Mountain! Dad stayed with Abi while the rest of us rode

Fun as ever, but it seemed like the lights were on a wee bit as we could see more than usual! Paul and Chris were making fun of me and Emma for giggling again! Oh and there really is no graceful way of getting into those seats in a dress, is there?

Next up was the People Mover!

Dunno what Jake's moosh is all about! Haha! Probably fed up smiling for photos

Abi's wee face here!

I love a wee whizz round on here, especially for the views of the castle

Abi loved it too That's my girl!

Emma - That was my first trip on the People Mover and we all really enjoyed it. Dad especially as it was a nice relaxing zoom around the park and it was interesting.

It was now time to head off and find a spot for Happily Ever After, but we had left it a bit late and there was no way we were getting near the hub! Fail. Jake also announced he needed a pee. I was thrilled. Anyway, Jake went to pee near the purple wall, so I grabbed another photo there!

Emma - We had already decided that we would head to nearer Main Street in case Abi chops didn’t like the fireworks or was too tired so we could escape more quickly. Rach was determined to get nearer the front and get THE perfect spot so she didn’t want to come with us! We had to fight our way to get to Main Street – I don’t remember paths and such like being blocked off before and navigating the crowds with a buggy was interesting to say the least! People can be very rude! We had to take the long way round and had to cross Main Street and then curl back round beside Casey’s Corner. There was a free table at the back with a good view of the castle so we decided to make camp there. I sat Abi on the table and plonked her ear defenders on and she was happy. I think Abi probably had a veggie stick or 2 while we waited but it wasn’t a long wait as we were later in leaving Space Mountain.

By the time Jake was done it was about 2 minutes to show time! The view from here was actually decent, so we decided to just stay put and were feeling quite chuffed with our spot…..

….. until we realised the People Mover was going right over our heads and we heard that part of the script about 20 times throughout the show! Again, I was thrilled. But hey ho, too late to move so we stuck it out.

Emma, Dad, Paul and Abi had decided to watch it from closer to the exit in case they needed to make a quick get away, but it turned out Abi loved it! I was so surprised cos when we took her to the local fireworks on bonfire night she was sooooo upset! I guess a lot changes in a few months when you are that age!

I was actually quite sad in a selfish sort of way cos it meant I wasn’t with her for her first MK fireworks Oh well, you can't help these things sometimes! Emma and I have already decided that next time we go we are doing a dessert party! (Emma - I can’t wait for that! )

Emma - The show was fabulous – I loved the projections and the fireworks were awesome. Abi was mesmerised! She was totally fine and enjoyed the show and wasn’t bothered by the fireworks. I think the ear defenders helped and she happily wore them until the end. Dad and Paul both enjoyed the show as well. We had a really good view so were happy with our choice unlike Rach and co! They should have stuck with us!

[continued in next post]

Edited at 10:15 PM.
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903

Redrach1903's Reviews

We then made our way back towards Fantasyland, arranging to meet the others as we had a FP for 7DMT! But first Jake wanted to nip back to the shop at Space Mountain as he had been eyeing up iPod covers! He chose a Star Wars one and got it personalised with his name in Star Wars language (whatever that is!).

Emma - Abi was still full of beans so we decided to head to 7DMT, I don’t know the layout of MK as well as Rach as it’s the park I always spent the least amount of time in pre Abigail so we wandered in a direction and hoped we would find the mine train! We headed the wrong way but banged into Rach and she took us back to where we had just walked past and we had missed it! Ooops!

Meanwhile, we were hurrying back to 7DMT and I found the others wandering about looking lost near The Little Mermaid ride! Amateurs I have written in my notes at this point that I nearly got my head taken off by a rucksack! Haha! I can't actually remember where that happened, but people with those massive rucksacks really need to be more aware of their surroundings!

Anyhoo, Chris and Jake rode together, Emma and Paul rode together and I rode like a wee loser on my own I didn’t mind though!

Love this ride in the dark

We came back out to find that Dad and Abi had been on the tea cups Hehe! I think it was at this point that Emma, Dad, Paul and Abi decided to call it a night. It was nearing 10pm and Abi had done so well. She was a total dream all night

Dad decided he wasn’t bothered about riding 7DMT and took Abi on the tea cups but he was saying they didn’t spin – he didn’t’ realise you could self-spin! Abi enjoyed it anyway and it was nice they did something together. We decided to head for the hills as Abi had been so good so we didn’t want to push her and make her over tired. We got back to the car park relatively quickly and were home before we knew it. Abi went straight to bed and was sleeping within seconds! We decided to have some snacks and wait for the others to come home.

We said our goodbyes to them and then rushed round to catch the shop at SM to collect Jake's iPod cover. It closed at 10, so we had to shift it! Luckily we made it and Jake was delighted with his cover! I totally forgot to take a photo though!

We then walked the back between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.

We noticed that Goofy's Barnstormer thing was a walk on, so I asked Jake if he wanted one last ride of the holiday and he of course said yes!

Well it is, erm, short isn’t it?! Haha! Literally 30 seconds long! Still, it was a fun way to end the night!

We caught the last few minutes of Once Upon a Time as we walked to the hub. Sob!

I then got these photos before walking the last walk down Main Street. I love them.

Heading out

I was very aware that I still had a fair bit of cash, so a look around the Emporium was a must before we left! I bought myself a hoody, a wee outfit for Abi which you will see in tomorrow's installment and some gifts for folk back home.

We then got the Resort Monorail, but it was soooooo slow and it was at this point that I suddenly realised I hadn’t eaten and I was STARVING! When we finally got onto a Monorail I cried As I always do when leaving MK for the last time. I really am pathetic.

We walked back to the car and were driving out at 11pm. I requested that we get a McDonalds on the way home!

I had Chicken McNuggets and a hamburger! Jake had a McNuggets Happy Meal and Chris just had a cheese burger! Oh and we picked up a Big Mac for Paul! I also finally tried one of those milkshakes that Lisa raves about and I have to say it was really lovely!

We got back to the villa about 11.30! Everyone was still up (except Abi of course), so we ate our food while chatting to them. Dad retired to bed shortly after and so did Jake, so Emma, Paul, Chris and I went outside and continued chatting till about 130am! I think I was definitely delaying going to bed and having to admit the holiday was all but over

Emma - Paul was happy because Rach came home with a Big Mac for him! Rach was raving about her milkshake and I vowed I must try one another day. I am not a fan of McDonalds generally but could always be persuaded for a milkshake. I knew Rach would have shed a few tears leaving the MK! As much as I love Orlando and Disney I can’t get that upset about finishing my holiday! We are very different like that! Rach is far more emotional than me! Bless her cotton socks!

Thanks for reading! Join us for the next instalment where I cause a mass flood with my tears It's here

Steps today – 22,292 (9.72 miles)

Edited at 08:54 AM.
Old 11 Sep 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh how cute is Abi, giving bosies to the dogs!
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Another fab day Rachel, gotta say I'd be gutted leaving the family there too.

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List