Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Oct 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I persuade my family to wear matching Tshirts? - August 2018 - Day 14 - Chilling and Shopping

Friday 31st August

Our last full day.

I woke up every 2 hours, no idea why. The room is lovely and dark, the bed is so comfy.

Andy got up at 6 and I fell back to sleep until 7. Andy had waited to go for a run until I got up as he goes out the back door and he didn’t want to leave it unlocked. Consequently it was a bit of a hot run again.

He and Dan played in the pool for a bit before breakfast, I sat as usual.

We left home at 9.30 and Josh had chosen First Watch again. I decided I’d quite like to live at Championsgate (obviously only if my lottery winnings weren’t enough for Celebration) there looked to be some nice housing along with a Publix, Walgreens and nice restaurants.

It looked like there were a few people waiting to be seated but we got seated straight away, so not sure what they were waiting for! We had a nice window seat today.

I need to give a little back story now...basically, pretty much every time we go anywhere, shop, restaurant, park, anywhere, the boys, Daniel in particular, accuse Andy of flirting. This can be any interaction with a female and they say he’s flirting. Dan rolls his eyes and says “Mum, Dad’s flirting again” even if he’s just placing an order. Anyway, today it was my turn, we had a very pleasant server called Miguel and I couldn’t chose between coffee or the Blackberry iced tea and that was it, I was flirting.

Today Andy chose the traditional breakfast with a blueberry muffin on the side, Josh had two choc chip pancakes, Dan had one choc chip and one carrot cake pancake and I had biscuits and turkey gravy.

It was delicious again, everything tasted really fresh and seems like it’s just been made from scratch. Josh and I asked if we could have the remainder of our iced tea to go and he bought us two fresh drinks. Aah good old Miguel. We also had a BOGOF coupon.

We went back to the villa then and chilled. We stayed in until about 2pm. The boys went in after a while to watch TV and play on phones. It was really lovely being by the pool but I kept thinking we should be doing something like going back to Celebration or Disney Springs but on the other hand when we are at these places we just want to be by the pool! We didn’t NEED to go back, so we carried on chilling. I think you get used to always doing something on a Florida holiday.

Anyway, after all that wrestling with our conscience we went to my new favourite supermarket to do our home shop. Still can’t believe I’ve cheated on Super Target.

$251 later...we bought the usual Nestle tollhouse chocolate chips, sweets, honey mustard dressing and a few new items. The biggest bag of fruit loops ever (which have barely been touched),

the biggest jar of coffee ever (which has almost all gone),

some refills for my glade smelly thing in an effort to make my house smell like a Disney toilet.

And just in case I was worried we’d have too much weight left in the cases a new cutlery set!

We took the shopping back to the villa as there was so much chocolate and then went straight back out for tea. It worked out that the last choice was mine and I went with my new favourite. Texas Roadhouse. We got there about 6.30 and were seated straight away in a booth.

Our server was very attentive, I’ve actually written almost too attentive in my notes, but I can’t remember why, I think he just did lots of checking on us.

We all went quite small with our meals due to peanuts, salad and bread filling us up last time.

Dan ordered the chicken salad again (this was his favourite meal of the whole holiday), Andy had a sirloin and fries, Josh and I went for the smallest sirloin, Josh with fries and me a loaded baked potato. Mine and Josh’s came on tiny plates.

Dan asked for a box for his salad and we got our drinks to go.

Then home to start packing.

It was actually really easy as I hadn’t bought any Bath & Body and I’m normally juggling the weight of those over all the cases. While I packed, Andy hoovered and Josh had a Bath in the huge tub in the en-suite. Not sure what Dan was doing, probably helpfully staying out of the way.

We put the pool screen back up and sat out on the lanai for the last time. It was really warm, we’d had no rain or storm to cool things down today.
So sad seeing the screen back up, when we took it down on the first day it seems such a long time until you have to think about going home.

We all went in for a last dose of Family Feud. I love this photo because we spent a fair bit of time on holiday sat together, I miss it now we’re at home and back to busy lives.

Bed at 10 as usual!
Old 2 Oct 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing last day liking the cutlery but not sure why you would want your house to smell like a toilet

Shame your holiday is just about over

You will have to go back soon

Joan
Old 2 Oct 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Aw, that was a nice last day. I know what you mean about being conflicted with your time. I love sitting by the pool, and I have a theory that maybe it's because most of the reports I read on here are all completely full on busy days, that when I'm doing that there's a part of me thinking I should be out and about "doing" stuff

I've read so many good reports of First Watch lately, I think I'll need to add it to our breakfast list. Your meals looks so good.

It's funny how the family dynamic changes on holiday. When our girls holiday'd with us, we often spent the evening together lazing about in the villa, and yet at home they spent most evenings in their rooms. I miss those times too

Well done on getting all of that shopping packed into your cases. I can't believe you had enough weight allowance left for a cutlery set! It's very nice though.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great last day x
Old 3 Oct 18, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I think we are conditioned often to try and pack things in! It is good to just relax - after all it is a holiday!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great last day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A nice relaxing last day liking the cutlery but not sure why you would want your house to smell like a toilet

Shame your holiday is just about over

You will have to go back soon

Joan
I will

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Aw, that was a nice last day. I know what you mean about being conflicted with your time. I love sitting by the pool, and I have a theory that maybe it's because most of the reports I read on here are all completely full on busy days, that when I'm doing that there's a part of me thinking I should be out and about "doing" stuff

I've read so many good reports of First Watch lately, I think I'll need to add it to our breakfast list. Your meals looks so good.

It's funny how the family dynamic changes on holiday. When our girls holiday'd with us, we often spent the evening together lazing about in the villa, and yet at home they spent most evenings in their rooms. I miss those times too

Well done on getting all of that shopping packed into your cases. I can't believe you had enough weight allowance left for a cutlery set! It's very nice though.
We had so much room even with cutlery!

I can definitely recommend First Watch it was lovely

I think you’re right, we always intended to have more time in the villa/around the pool this year but still felt we should do more!

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Great last day x
Thank you

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I think we are conditioned often to try and pack things in! It is good to just relax - after all it is a holiday!
Definitely! There’s always too much to do!

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great last day x
Thank you
Old 6 Oct 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Lovely last day. Maybe the over attentive server in Texas R was flirting with you?

Such a shame you have to go home, do you have plans for next year?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Lovely last day. Maybe the over attentive server in Texas R was flirting with you?

Such a shame you have to go home, do you have plans for next year?
I don’t think I was his type
We do have vague plans! I’m trying to finish this report so I can focus on making those!
Old 7 Oct 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A lovely chilled out day!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List