Old 3 Oct 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
I’m very excited! I just received an email from Texas de Brazil saying that they are offering pricing from 1998 for two day to celebrate their 20th anniversary. It’s just $28.50 pp! Regular price is $49.99. We’ve eaten here years back and to say I’m pleased with this deal is an understatement. Hope this helps someone else!

Edited at 06:03 PM.
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Have a fantastic trip.
Old 8 Oct 18, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Have a fantastic trip.
Thank you Rescuer!

It’s 5:30am here... and here comes part 1! 😂

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Day 1 - travel day

We woke up bright and breezy at 3:45am for our 10:05 flight. Somehow I found it easier to wake up today than I do on a work day for some strange reason... 😂 might be that this marks the start of two week in FL! We got dropped off at Heathrow via our dog sitters and arrived at around 7am. We checked in via the kiosk and dropped our bags (13kg & 14kg - very happy with this as we are usually NOT light packers!) and made our way to a short security line. About 15 mins later we were through and that little bit closer to our happy place! We did a lap of Terminal 2 and decided on ‘London’s Pride’ for a light(-ish) breakfast.

DP got an OJ (£3.05) & a bacon (£6.95) roll and I had an americano (£2.75) and avocado & poached eggs on toast (£9.25).

The bacon roll was nice enough, plenty of bacon and apparently the roll was quite sweet. The OJ was really thick and pulpy.

My avocado toast was lovely. There was some onion, tomatoes and chilli oil in with the avocados. The eggs were perfect; runny yolks all round! The coffee was tasty and hot and made me feel a bit more human 😂

The restaurant was very nice, service was super speedy and we had some USB ports on our table. Perfect!

It’s wasn’t long before we boarded the plane. We flew with United Airlines and My first impressions were really good. The plane was easily the cleanest plane I’ve been on for a very long time (maybe ever), we had leather seats and they were really roomy. I watched The Greatest Showman, Incredibles 2, Scream (they had a little Halloween section on the movies! &#127875, Uncle Buck and a few episodes of Friends. We took off about 30 minutes late. 40 minutes into the flight we were served drinks (coffee and Coke) and mini pesto breadsticks.

The another half an hour later we had lunch. I had the veggie korma and DP had chicken and orzo risotto. Both were actually really nice for plane food.

Another 40 minutes later we got more drinks and ice creams. These were lovely! There was little crunchy toffee bits kind of like a diam bar on the top which I really liked.

Not long before we landed we all got these hot turkey and cheese pretzel rolls which was funny because about five minutes earlier I’d just said how I wanted something on a pretzel bun this holiday! These were nice but I bit messy. There was a lot of moisture inside the packaging and I was having a hard time not getting it over all my bits and pieces.

We landed into Newark airport with a gorgeous view of Manhattan to our left.

So far this was turning out to be a heaven sent travel day. There were only two families in front of us at passport control. Our cases came down the slope onto the belt after a few minutes and everything was just going unbelievably smoothly. So far I’d rated this the best flight we’ve ever taken to the US!

Old 8 Oct 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Travel Day - Part 2

We had two and a half hours for our connecting flight so no rush at all which was lovely. Newark airport is being revamped and is looking really good. The choices of restaurants and bars looks incredible. The whole place is styled in a really ‘cool’ way and looks very modern. I didn’t take any pictures for some reason but I was thoroughly impressed.

We found our gate (luck was still on our side, we didn’t need to change terminals) and settled into so really nice comfy seats at a bench table with iPads in the middle (which I think you needed to pay for). We got a little somethin’ at Dunkin’ Donuts to keep us busy. A Boston Kreme and a medium iced coffee for me and a chocolate ring donut for DP (total $5.11). I find DD’s so reasonable and as a (sadly no good to us) bonus they give us free donut fries. Since these are cinnamon 🤢 I asked them to give them to the next person in line.

Everything was delicious of course!

While we were waiting I decided to go and take a trip to Starbucks. We collect (/collected) the You Are Here mugs which have now been replaced in the US (except WDW and USO) with the Been There series. There’s no time like the present to jump into a new collection so we treated ourselves to two mugs; NYC & NJ. I actually really like the new designs but I do feel a bit irritated that they are so glaringly different from the old ones. Oh well! 🤷

Anyway, our flight was about 15 minutes late coming in but not a problem. It baffled me that people were getting off the plane and coming straight into the departure lounge as it’s an internal flight. I don’t think we’ve ever taken an internal flight before (or not for a very, very long time at least).

Our second plane was also very nice. No seatback entertainment but that’s ok, it’s only 2 hours. We were given some mini pretzels and a free beverage.

I spent the whole flight doing a crossword and two sudokus which were in the in flight magazine. I’m not a crosswordy person but I was really chuffed with myself for completing it with very little ‘help’ from the answer page 🙈 there was only two I got wrong. One really tickled me; clue: ‘Ben-_ _ _’. My answer; ‘Ben-Ten’. 😂😂 As I’m pretty sure you know, it’s Ben-Hur. I felt pretty stupid at that point. 🤦 I’ve still got my second sudoku in my bag to finish, it was a very tricky one and I just ran out of time!

We disembarked the plane via the departure lounges at MCO, boarded the monorail and went straight to get our cases. Breezed down to Alamo, straight out to the garage and was told we could pick anything from the midsize row (we rented an economy vehicle) and chose a great big pickup truck. I’ll add a photo later! We drove to our hotel in Kissimmee (Magic Moments Resort) and checked in easily. Our room was nice and very clean (basic but we paid a very low price).

We headed out to Panda Express for dinner which was about 5-10 minutes away and was surprisingly busy. We got a ‘bigger plate’ to share ($8.80) which is 1 side and 3 entrees. We got half noodles (for me), half fried rice (for DP), honey sesame chicken, sweetfire chicken and Beijing beef. Plus a medium fountain drink (mountain dew) ($1.90) which is still mostly full. Plus two fortune cookies 🥠

We took it back to our room to eat. Everything was super tasty and fresh and it was just the right amount of food.

The price was just an incredible $11.51! Unbeatable really. Plus the lady that served was was so lovely! They also offer samples too, but we knew what we wanted 😂

We did some unpacking and settled into bed. After our perfect travel day you just know it has to go wrong at some point... and here it was! Our room was so, so, so noisy. I layed awake for nearly two hours listening to every single noise our neighbours made. We have an adjoining room and, oh my, they may as well have just be in the room with us! They weren’t being loud or inconsiderate it’s just there is no soundproofing AT ALL. I could genuinely hear them brushing their teeth! At this point I’d already been up for over 24 hours and was feeling very frustrated as it’s usually me who can sleep through anything and my boyfriend who is the fussy / light sleeper. He was soundo and I was stuck staring into the darkness listening to every movement the people on the other side of the door made. 🙄 I obviously fell asleep at some point and am now already awake. He’s still asleep, bless him! So once sleeping beauty awakens we will be up and at ‘em for the day, as well as asking for a room change 🙄

Old 8 Oct 18, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Nice start looking forward to more
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Great travel day especially the first flight which sounded great.

Hope you get your room sorted - my worse nightmare is a noisy room. I hear every little noise and am often laid awake in hotel rooms while my husband and daughters sleep 😴

Enjoy your first full day.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

What a brilliant travel day! Shame about the noise at the end, I hope a room change sorts that out for you.
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Such a smooth travel day, a shame about the paper thin walls. Have a fab trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Eggs and avocado looked fab! Great start x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List