NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Natsynoo's Run Disney Bucket List Trip - September 2018

Thursday 20th September

After months of anticipation (and in truth, dread), today was the day that we headed to DLP for the Run Disney event!

Why the dread? Well, I run because I have to to manage my weight, not because I enjoy it, so why on earth have I signed myself up to run 36K in 3 days?! Well, I had, so I just had to get on with it! All I wanted to do was to finish to get the medals…and this was the thought that dominated my mind throughout.

I was travelling with my friend and colleague, Pauline (P for short) who is Parisienne but hasn’t visited Disneyland in years and had certainly never visited with a regular, so I was at least excited to show her the ropes!

Before I press on with the journey, a word of warning about this trip and therefore this trippie – this trip was for the runs, it was not so much about the parks. I was still pleased with what we achieved during the trip, but for this trippie, you’ll find a real focus on the event than the parks themselves. For that sort of trip, see my February trippie linked here.

One final disclaimer – there are a lot of photos of me here when I am running or mid-run. I don’t look my best, and did question whether to post this trippie, but wanted to post something that might help others considering running a Run Disney event.

And so, onto the journey!

The alarm sounded unpleasantly at 5.30am. I didn’t have a means of checking the time when I woke through the night which meant that I slept unwell because I was nervous about sleeping through the alarm. However, we were off to Disney!

Our taxi arrived on time at 6am and we weren’t thrilled with the cost of £25 to take us from the Premier Inn to the station (max 3 hours but when we booked they were the only firm that answered the phone, so our hands were tied!).

Check in at Ashford was easy, and we enjoyed a coffee and juice while we waited. Boarding was called 15 minutes before departure time so we headed down to the platform and excited hopped on board. We spent the journey to Lille (no direct trains today) watching Coco, which is my new Disney addiction.

At Lille, I allowed my French travel buddy to order us an espresso/hot chocolate, juice and two croissants which came to €9.10. We enjoyed these in the lounge until it was announced that our TGV to Marne La Vallee had arrived, so we headed down to the platform and the train left about 20 minutes later.

IMG_0534 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The journey was seamless and after hopping on the bus at the station, we arrived at the Cheyenne at 12.20pm. Unfortunately, it felt like everyone else running in the event had arrived at the Cheyenne at the exact same time and check in took 1 hour and 10 minutes! When I finally managed to check in, we dumped our bags and hurried off to the parks.

IMG_0728 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0729 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0730 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0731 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0732 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0733 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We were sharing a room with other Disney friends, Rachel and Su, who wanted to explore the Village for some time, and P and I were excited to see the Castle, so we went our own ways for a while.

Ah what a beautiful sight!

IMG_0541 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0539 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Our first stop however was the ear shop as you enter the park on the right hand side – finally, the rose gold ears were mine for €19.99. I had ummed and aahed over these in WDW back in April and ended up going for the Millennial Pink ones but I had remorse so I was glad to snag a pair here in Paris!

Our next stop had to be lunch…we were ravenous! There was only one place to be, and that was the Market Square Café for a croque monsieur. P was very impressed which was reassuring and for €11 including a bottle of San Pellegrino, for DLP, I was more than happy with the cost. I was so content right at that moment…the sun was shining, I was in Disneyland, and I was eating a croque monsieur!

IMG_0537 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

My first thought was to grab a Fastpass and I turned right at Discoveryland with the thought of getting one for Hyperspace Mountain. However, it was a walk on, so we opted for Buzz instead. P loved Hyperspace, and I did too, as during our February trip, it didn’t have sound, so it was nice to experience the full piece!

Our Buzz Fastpass opened shortly after at 3.05pm and P loved this too. From there, it was round to It’s A Small World. A classic and one of my favourites! The Fairytale Boat Ride and Casey Jr were next up and had only 5 minute wait.

IMG_0540 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0807 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0806 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0805 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0803 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0802 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0800 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0799 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0798 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After grabbing a drink (San Pellegrino €3.69), we rode Pirates (another walk on), and then picked up a Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass which we didn’t use in the end. At 4.50pm, we found ourselves on Main Street, and thinking the parade was due to start at 5pm, we waited a bit, but then when I checked the App, I found that it was actually due to start at 5.30pm so we decided instead to head to the Expo…I had bibs to collect!

I was expecting the Expo to be a complete nightmare. Everything about the registration process so far had been hard work and we didn’t even get the vouchers to print for our bibs until lunchtime on the previous day (we were supposed to get them 2 weeks before). Feedback from previous years’ events had also been that it was hectic and the wait times were long. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how spacious and organised it was. I walked straight up to the 36K desk and was handed a gear bag chokka with shirts (5 – one for each of the distances, one for the 31K Challenge, and one for the 36K Challenge). I also needed to collect my Photopass card (this was a bit confusing but I got there in the end) and also my pre-paid merchandise (a Run Disney Pin, and tempting fate, a 21K/Half Marathon ‘I Did It’ Pin). There was a bit of a wait for this but I didn’t mind given how easy everything else had been.

IMG_0567 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The merchandise was a little disappointing but again, I expected this, and I only bought a running headband, but I was pleased that this was reduced from €10 to €5 by the time I had got to the till (and I now wear it with pride when I run!).

IMG_0550 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

My name was on the wall!

IMG_0548 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

By now, it was 6.30pm and we decided to grab dinner whilst we were in the Village. We decided on Vapianos, but it was busier than we had hoped and it took a good 45 minutes to get our food. We learned through observation that the pizza/al forno/salad options are far quicker and easier. Nonetheless, our al fredo/carbonara pasta dishes were very delicious. We also ordered the bruschetta and a large bottle of San Pellegrino which came to €20 each. We felt this was good value for the quality of the food and given the overall food prices in DLP.

IMG_0552 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0553 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After this, we headed back into Disneyland Park where we were greeted by a fellow Brit offering us their Compass Club Fastpasses for tomorrow as they were heading home early the next day. Yes please and thank you!

P was excited for me to buy me new Pandora charms from Harrington’s so that was our next stop. This year, Matt bought me an empty bangle for me to fill on all of our Disney trips (DLP in February and September, WDW in April, and DLR & DCL in October). In DLP in February, I had bought a Mickey and teacup to remind me of my niece’s first trip. In WDW, I bought lots of charms, but namely, the Partner’s Statue, 2018, Ohana, and Dumbo charms, and I have plans for the ones I am buying in DLR and on the Cruise in a couple of weeks. In DLP though, I needed the Minnie Eiffel Tower one. These were released in around March so I just missed out last time. I also spotted a really cute Jiminy Cricket one which I decided to buy to represent the Run Disney event. I had ‘wished’ to run in a Run Disney event for a long time so I felt that Jiminy represent my wish coming true. Both charms came to €128.

By now, it was time to find a spot for Illuminations which started at 8.30pm. I adore this show, and P did too. That version of A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes … <3

IMG_0555 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0556 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped by the World of Disney where I bought two of the Disney Babies Christmas Mickey and Minnie plushes (€19.99 each) for my niece, a Bambi Christmas decoration for my colleague (€9.99), a Marie pen as a gift for the same colleague (€5.99), a silicone muffin mould (€12.99) so a total of €74.94…it’s been an expensive day!

We headed back to the hotel where I sorted my case, prepared my things for tomorrow, phoned home, showered, and chatted with the girls. My head hit the pillow at 11.30pm and boy was I ready for it!

Steps = 19,708

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Friday 21st September

The alarm sounded for the start of the first day of the run event – ahhhhhh!
But first, a fun filled day in the Studios and P’s first time!
We planned to go to McDonald’s for a McCafe breakfast first but found it was closed, so we went to wait for the Studios to open. During my February trip, it opened 30 minutes earlier than advertised to queue for the rides. This turned out not to be the case this time, so we waited in the rain…not so magical, but we got chatted to some lovely Americans who were over for the Run event to get their Castle to Chateau medal having run the Dopey Challenge back in January!

At 8.30am, the Cast Members informed of a system glitch which would delay park opening, but this was quickly resolved, and we were in! First stop – Crush’s Coaster! Obviously! And since the wait was only 15 minutes, we had to ride it again!

IMG_0580 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0579 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0578 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0577 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Next stop was Ratatouille which was a walk on, which P also loved….so far, so good!

Tower of Terror was next up, and this one wasn’t so good – P was absolutely terrified, grabbed hold of me, let her bag go which went flying, and screamed the whole time! She was scarred for life! I found the whole episode hilarious…the photo says a lot!

IMG_0569 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

It was time for some Petit Dejuner next so we went to the restaurant for a croissant, hot chocolate and juice which came to €7 as a meal deal.

The park was open by now so we went to ride RC Racer but P declared ‘no way’ so Slinky Dog it was, followed by Rock n Roller Coaster…another hit!

IMG_0573 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0575 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0574 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0576 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After this, we had a little wander around before the Motors Lights Action Stunt Show at 11.15am. P loved this and having not seen it for a few years, I really enjoyed it too.

P was peckish after this, so she grabbed a hot chocolate and brioche for €10.97, before riding the Studio Backlot Tour.

We had pretty much finished what we wanted to see and do in the Studios for the day now, so we headed back to the Run Disney Expo to pick up some spectator wrist bands. The Half Marathon ones were all gone now, but the 5K and 10K had some availability, so we picked some up for P, Rachel and Su.

It was lunchtime now and P fancied a hotdog, so Casey’s it was! I had a cheese and crispy onion hotdog and San Pellegrino for €11.88 which was yummy.

IMG_0587 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We stopped by Big Thunder Mountain next for Fastpasses and to use our pixie dusted Fastpasses too. P loved it and said it was still her favourite ride, as it had been as a child.

We loved the Coco/Dia de los Muertos theming around Frontierland!

IMG_0591 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0590 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Hyperspace Mountain was a walk on again so we headed over to Discoveryland and rode that, before riding Dumbo which was a 15 minute wait.

IMG_0593 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

It was back to Big Thunder Mountain now to use our Fastpasses before making a hot chocolate stop (€5 for two).

Star Tours was next and it was a brand new sequence for me – Chewbacca felt onto the windscreen and slipped off again, very cute!

After a Star Donut and hot chocolate stop (€6ish), we went to find a spot for the parade and enjoyed a little rest.

IMG_0595 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0596 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

As we left, P captured my rose gold look!

IMG_0603 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0597 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We enjoyed the parade but it was now time to meet Su and Rachel in the Disneyland Hotel before their Inventions reservation to give them their spectator wrist bands. It was time for me to get changed for the 5K so I did so and P and I wandered over to the Expo ready for me to enter my corral waiting area.

P kindly took my bag back to the hotel and picked up her coat before having a wander around the Village and then entering the spectator area.

I was in my corral at 7pm, as Run Disney recommended, and the race started at 8pm. I hadn’t realised that it would take 40 minutes for Corral E to be released (but with 8000 runners ahead of me, I needn’t have been surprised) so it did feel like a long wait. I enjoyed watching the trailers for the new films whilst we waited though, although I could have done without listening to Ashley Tisdale’s version of Under the Sea 100 million times in that time! It became a running joke amongst the runners.

IMG_0526 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0613 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We learned whilst we waited that we had been set a mission by Tony Stark: to find the Infinity Stones before Thanos did (we knew that the race had a Marvel theme before).

IMG_0638 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0631 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0630 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0629 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0626 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0620 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I really enjoyed the run and this is when I started to relax and enjoy/make the most of the event while I could. I didn’t stop for any characters because the lines were too long (most over an hour and some were even closed by the time corral E had been released) and because the Marvel characters do not really interest me.

IMG_0607 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0608 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0617 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0616 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0622 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0621 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0627 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0635 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0639 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0637 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0636 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0632 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

During the race, the character greets were for Gamora, Black Panther, Loki, Captain America & Black Widow. Some of the characters rotated so if you see any conflicting reports, that’s why…so this is a little caveat to say that this is only what I saw.

IMG_0628 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0634 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0640 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I completed the run in 36:40 which I was pleased with given that I made many photo stops and there were a lot of runners around me.

IMG_0643 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

When I got to the finish line, the best cheer squad ever greeted me!

IMG_0641 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0642 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

One remark I would make is that the finishers’ atmosphere was a bit flat so the girls cheering me on was a real pick me up!

I made my way out of the runners’ area, skipping any photo ops due to the long lines, picked up my Refreshment Pack headed to the Earl to meet the girls. It may be close to 10pm by now but I wanted my dinner! I had a Hawaiian BBQ and also bought Su and Rachel a hot chocolate – the sandwich was €6.95, the hot chocolates were €2.95 each.

IMG_0716 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0715 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0655 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After gobbling that down, we wandered back to the hotel, showered, prepared my stuff for tomorrow’s early start, and fell asleep at 11.30pm.

Steps = 33,493

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Saturday 22nd September

Today was the day, the actual crazy began!

I woke just before my 5.30am alarm and quietly shuffled around the room to get ready without disturbing the girls. I had been chilly last night whilst waiting for the 5k, so I grabbed a scarf to wrap around my arms whilst I waited (and could easily tie around my running belt during the event), and headed out. I was meeting another of my friends, Michelle, at the Chuck Wagon at 6am.

The wait time passed much like the night before, with trailers for new movies being showed (Mary Poppins just looks dreamy!) and Disney songs being played. This time, the theme was Villain Sidekicks, and Meg, Pain and Panic sent the runners on their way, and I was finally over the start line at 7.51am (after the 7am race start time).

IMG_0527 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0657 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0656 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0666 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0663 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0675 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0688 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0694 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0703 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0706 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0707 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0709 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The run took me approx. 73 minutes which I was really pleased with. I normally do a 10K in around 70 minutes so with some photo stops, that was a good time for me!

IMG_0667 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0668 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0669 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0671 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0672 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0677 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0699 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0710 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0700 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0697 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0690 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The character greets during the race were Foulfellow & Gideon, Cheshire Cat, Sheriff of Nottingham, Flotsum & Jetsum, King Louis, someone from Emperor’s New Groove who I don’t know the name of (he rotated with Kronk & Yzma…much cooler!), and Hades greeted us at the finish line!

IMG_0681 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0693 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0698 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0701 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0704 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0708 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0713 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0714 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After the race, I picked up my refreshment pack, had my photo taken at the finishers’ backdrop, and wandered back to the hotel. It was a bit odd being on my own but it was actually quite nice to have some time to reflect, not only on the race and the trip, but also an incredibly up and down 6 months…slightly off topic, but in that respect, this trip did me a lot of good, and my family have all commented that I seem much more relaxed since I got home.

asucibv1rduyv6enktns by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I got back to the hotel at 9.45am, phoned home, showered, changed and was out again at 10.45am. P had gone to Paris today to surprise her Dad on his birthday, so I decided to wander around the parks for a while on my own. I knew I’d be busy, so a good mooch around the shops was in order.

The queue to get into Disneyland Park was insane, but I got there in the end (being just me helped!). It was very busy in the park, as you’d expect for a Saturday anyway, let alone on race weekend, but the atmosphere was good.

My first stop was to the kiddies’ clothes store on Main Street where I bought my gorgeous niece Molly a tshirt with Buttercup from Toy Story on it, and also picked up a ‘Babies Pua’ which my sister had asked me to pick up. These were €15.99 and €22.99 respectively.

I was peckish by now so an early lunch was in order. I really wanted a Mickey pizza which I hoped to get from Colonel Haiti’s but it was closed so walked over to Bella Notte instead. I waited for this to open at 12pm but when I got inside, they seemed to only have pasta on the menu? I think it’s because the screens rotated but I didn’t give it long enough to transition as they definitely do have pizza on the menu. Anyway, it was too late by then so I went back to the Market Square Café for another croque monsieur which with a San Pellegrino was €10.88.

IMG_0722 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Whilst back on Main Street, I popped into Harrington’s to pick up some magnets that I had seen on Thursday evening, which cost €14.97; and then into Christmas shop in the Castle for a Christmas ornament for a colleague which was €12.99.

Next stop was the Emporium for a good rummage, but I didn’t buy anything.

The Disneyland Park was so busy and my little legs were feeling fatigued by now, so I decided that perhaps a restful afternoon/evening might be in order for me, so I decided that after taking a 10K medal selfie in front of the Castle, I might do the same in the Studios before heading back to the hotel.

IMG_0719 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0723 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0724 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

On the way back to the hotel, I decided that a McFlurry was in order, so I stopped by McDonalds and have the most phenomenal McFlurry of my life – it was Lotus Caramelised Biscuit flavoured and was incredible! With a hot chocolate, this came to €5.50.

IMG_0726 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I also stopped by the Earl of Sandwich to pick up something for my dinner later this evening, so I bought a double sized Hawaiian BBQ and a bread pudding for €14.55.

IMG_0735 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I was back in the room at 2.30pm, laid down, and woke up again at 5.30pm – an unexpected but much needed nap!

I pretty much spent the rest of the evening sorting my things and preparing for tomorrow, chatting with Su and Rachel who got back from Val D’Europe, watched the first Strictly Come Dancing of the season (I managed to stream it), and was asleep at 10.30pm.

Steps = 28,378

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Sunday 23rd September

Another 5.30am alarm, but this one hurt a little bit more after a better night’s sleep (P stayed in Paris with her family so I had the bed to myself). But today was the day I had been dreading for months…I had to run a Half Marathon….AFTER running a 5K and 10K 36 hours before!

I left the hotel at 6am and the wait at corrals was the longest yet…I crossed the start line at 7.55am with Cruella’s encouragement!

IMG_0528 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0736 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0737 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0739 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0738 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The run was, in all honesty, pretty painless. The supporters, characters, sights, refreshments and photo stops all distracted me from the reality of what I was doing to myself, and it wasn’t until I ran the full route and got back through the Village and returned to the Studios that I felt my legs starting to complain, so it was only the final 3k that I started to struggle which was pretty amazing really.

IMG_0741 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0745 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0768 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0777 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0779 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0781 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Finally back to Disneyland!

IMG_0778 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

This was taken as I was running through the Cheyenne/Santa Fe, coming towards the end of the event

oxbrnvzv718bo9haqdxz by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Speaking of the refreshment stops, they were plentiful, every 2k or so, with water, Powerage and Lu Grany bars on offer, and I actually think that the ‘fuel’ helped my energy levels a lot as I struggled more in training and I didn’t have those things. Of course, the atmosphere and adrenaline had a lot to answer for too!

I was pleased to see more Photopass photographers on this race, including the coveted Castle shot!

vqo8gmluaxnsm8jepdjv by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0762 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0748 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0742 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I saw the lovely Krispy Smore en route too and they were kind enough to stop for a photo!

IMG_0747 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

According to my Apple Watch, which I paused when I stopped for longer periods than a quick selfie, recorded around 2 hours 45 minutes to complete the full route, with my official time at 2 hours 51 minutes, placed at 5159 (of 9000+ runners) which I was pretty happy with.

IMG_0783 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0784 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I was pretty pleased with myself when I passed/lapped the Balloon Ladies on my way round the course for the return journey back to Disneyland.

IMG_0786 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

The character greets today for the World of Disney Villains theme that I saw were Governor Ratcliffe, Loki, Captain Hook & Mr Smee, King John & Sheriff of Nottingham, Jafar, Flotsum & Jetsum (the only one I stopped for!), Maleficent, Maleficent’s crooks, Wicked Stepmother, and Kylo Ren (who I know rotated with Darth Vadar). And then my fave Sorceror Mickey met us at the end of the race!

IMG_0744 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0746 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0750 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0751 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0755 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0756 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0760 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0761 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0763 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0764 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0788 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

My lovely girlies were there to greet me at the end of the race before they headed to Centerparcs for the day and snapped my very proud photo!

IMG_0785 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After picking up my refreshment pack and having my finisher’s photo, I headed to the Expo to pick up my Challenge medals – aaahhhh – and also treated myself to a 21K ‘I Did It’ t-shirt which was reduced to €10 by this point.

bwdlcfmvjkkcux8lgcvt by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Once back at the hotel, I had a shower and tried to nap, but it didn’t go well and I only managed 30 minutes. I was pretty hungry so I decided to head out to McDonalds for a feast…a 9 nuggets meal, juice and McFlurry was €15.05, and I enjoyed and deserved every morsel.

My next stop was Disneyland for some selfies with my full medal haul…I wasn’t going to let the rain get in my way!

IMG_0790 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0792 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0797 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I sat in the Hyperion for a little while to escape the wet stuff, but we were booted out after a while, I presume for some technical rehearsals for Mickey’s Philharmagic.

Whilst I was in the park, I thought to myself that I might as well do something, so I saw that It’s a Small World was a walk on, and headed over there. I think it took me a while to pluck up the courage to be in the parks on my own?! Very odd as I have been visiting them more than annually for 25 years but never on my own.

Once I had done that and realised that I could do stuff on my own, I switched to the other park as there are more attractions there that I would enjoy on my own. First stop was Ratatouille single rider, then RC Racer single rider, and finally Tower of Terror which was a little more interesting…it broke down whilst I was on it, just before the first drop! We were evacuated and given Fastpasses to return, so I headed right back round to ride again. Interestingly, no-one else did that!

IMG_0812 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After a ride on Rock n Roller Coaster, it was time for me to meet the other girls over at Vapianos for a celebratory dinner! A calzone and large bottle of San Pellegrino set me back €19 and I enjoyed every morsel!

IMG_0815 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

When we finished dinner, we agreed to return to Disneyland Park to watch Illuminations one last time, which we all really enjoyed, and I don’t think any of us could believe that our 4 nights here had come to an end. That being said, I was also pleased to be going home – I did miss my hubby and wanted to celebrate with my family back home.

IMG_0817 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0818 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

After the show finished, we caught the bus back to the Cheyenne (my weary legs couldn’t take much more!), and after packing, I was snuggled up in bed by 11pm.

Steps = 46,630

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Monday 24th September

Today was bittersweet – I wished I could relive the Run Disney experience, it was our last day in Disneyland, and it was time to go home.

The alarm sounded at 7am for P and I as we wanted to get one last ride in on Crush’s Coaster and we knew that EMH was the best time to do that.

After a shower, final packing, and dropping our luggage off at reception, we walked to the Studios for 8.15am before EMH opening at 8.30am.

IMG_0819 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I had unfortunately woken with a sore throat (which turned into a grotty cold over the next few days), so I dosed up on paracetamol, and headed straight to Crush, which P loved again.

It was a little chillier this morning, so we grabbed a hot chocolate (€2.99….P had breakfast too) before hitting up Ratatouille and Rock n Roller Coaster.

IMG_0820 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

I also hoped to meet Mickey this morning for a medals photo, so I downloaded to Lineberty app and secured a slot 1 hour and 37 minutes later, so we rode RC Racer, Flying Carpets (which went tech) and grabbed another hot chocolate and a donut (€7.08) whilst we waited…and I was so glad we did as I love these photos!

IMG_0866 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0826 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0839 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Next stop was the Magic of Animation presentation, which I have never done before, before taking an animation class where we drew Goofy. Mine was hopeless (don’t laugh), but it was good to try another new thing!

IMG_0840 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

At 12.20pm, we decided that we had pretty much exhausted everything that we wanted to do in the Studios park, so we heaed to Vapianos for one final meal. We both opted for the mac & cheese and shared another large bottle of San Pellegrino, which came to €15 each.

IMG_0841 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We returned to Disneyland Park and stopped by the bakery for a cookie (€2.79) on the way in. We hoped to pick up a Big Thunder Mountain Fastpass but the return time was already too late so we picked up a Buzz one for later on.

As we walked past the Castle, there was a photo op with plushie Mickey & Minnie, which we stopped for (another couple of photos that I love).

IMG_0849 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Our next stop was Pirates of the Caribbean, followed by some final medal photos in front of the Castle (it’s not easy on your own so P agreed to help me).

IMG_0852 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0859 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

IMG_0861 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

A final ride on It’s a Small World came next, followed by the Teacups, before a slow wander back to the hotel to start our journey home.

IMG_0864 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

We stopped by the Earl of Sandwich on the way back, where I picked up a Hawaiian BBQ to eat for dinner on the way home (€6.95).

We got to the station at 4.15pm, and check in opened at 4.40pm.

My notes have dried up from this point, but I do recall there being a 20 minute delay on the Eurostar. This did unfortunately have a knock on effect on the rest of our journey resulting in us getting home about 60-90 minutes later than we had hoped/expected but we were glad to be home safe nonetheless, and by midnight, I was tucked up in my own bed, snuggled with my hubby who greeted me with lovely flowers and a card, and slept soundly, reflecting on what for me was a phenomenal achievement.

IMG_0870 by Natalie Pope, on Flickr

Steps = 21,719

Not quite ‘next stop’ but certainly a future stop – Dopey Challenge, here I come! Run Disney - I’ve got the bug now!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tnkrbell
Imagineer

tnkrbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 13
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yay so glad you blogged your tripppie! Incredible achievement and so proud of you for completing the 36k challenge. I'll be with you there next year for the 36k challenge!

November Pre Trippie
Our Happily Ever After 29/10/2014 Cypress Grove Estate House Wedding Day Report
2 weeks of offsites/onsites food report
tnkrbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by tnkrbell View Post
Yay so glad you blogged your tripppie! Incredible achievement and so proud of you for completing the 36k challenge. I'll be with you there next year for the 36k challenge!
Haha thank you - i’m working on it xx

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done!
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Well done Natalie! Run Disney events are really addictive! My first was Princess 2014 and I can't bear to add up all the others

Dopey is the best but the four middle of the night alarm calls are not
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That is inspirational! I think I've just decided to add the 5k to my bucket list!
caj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List