Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Oct 18, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Feet Are Sore! A week in Disney Sept 2018. Day 4 DHS & DS.

The dining report for today is here.

Today was planned to be a relatively lazy day. I say that only because we had no morning EMH or early breakfast ADRs planned. I woke at 5am but had a long lie until 6am. We took our time getting ready and had a muffin and coffee in the room.

We wanted to do a wash of our travel clothes and a few other things and since our FPs were all booked for mid-morning we decided just to get it done. The laundry was on the floor below just next to the lifts so not far. It’s all credit card payment there so no need to worry about having enough quarters. It costs us $3 each for a wash and dry plus another $1 for the washing powder. We were hungry again so went to the Bellevue Lounge for second breakfast while the wash was on. Marie kept an eye on the machine with the app. We finished breakfast and relaxed until the machine was finished then popped back up to put the drier on. We nipped up to the room to hang some stuff we didn’t want in the drier and found housekeeping there. It’s always a bit awkward when you walk in on housekeeping and we felt we had to apologise and leave again. We therefore headed down to the Boardwalk and chilled on a bench waiting for the drier to finish.
Boardwalk picture overload!

We didn’t have to wait the full hour as we didn’t have much so we headed back after half an hour. The clothes were dry and housekeeping had finished in our room.

We left for DHS and found a boat had just arrived so caught that rather than walk. We wanted to experience both and this was our only other opportunity for the boat. Because we had just caught one this took around 20 minutes. It stopped at Yacht Club and the Swan & Dolphin and got pretty busy.

Our first FP had been Rock n Rollercoaster however we didn’t feel like it so changed it to an earlier “throwaway” FP for The Muppets in case we wanted to try for a 4th FP later.

Our second FP was Star Tours but we had some time so went to see Path of the Jedi. Now I love Star Wars and enjoy watching this but it makes me laugh when people applaud what is essentially a clips show.

We then rode Star Tours with our FP. Afterwards we ate lunch at Backlot Express again because we’re so boring and this time we successfully pre ordered.

It was really hot and we still had some time before our Slinky Dog FP. We wanted to see the Galaxy Far, Far Away show and we figured out we had enough time for the Muppets show before it. We just caught the show.
Galaxy Far, Far Away picture overload.

We still had time before our Slinky FP and we were hot and tired so sat where Starring Rolls used to be to have a drink. I love watching the shows in DHS but there’s no shade and I always need a cool down afterwards. We had a look in the Launch Bay before walking over to Toy Story Land for our Slinky Dog FP.

Now talking of areas with no shade, this is really terrible. It was so hot and there is literally nowhere to sit out of the sun other than the tables at Woody’s Lunchbox which were heaving. We didn’t really spend a lot of time here this trip as one of our DHS days it was pouring and the other it was too hot!

We rode Slinky with our FP and we weren’t too impressed I have to say. I found it a bit rattly and didn’t feel great after it. Maybe it was where we were on the train as I often find this affects your ride. I had managed to get an additional FP while in the queue but we cancelled it and booked TSM instead. I think I would ride it again next time but I wouldn’t be upset if we didn’t get a FP and I wouldn’t use my tier 1 on it every visit.

Because our TSM FP was 30 minutes away we just cancelled it. Normally we would browse in shops, have a drink in the shade or something but none of this is possible/easy in Toy Story Land. I really don’t understand Disney not putting in an air conditioned shop here.
We decided at this point just to leave and managed to catch a boat again. We cooled down in the room and I took some paracetamol as I could feel a cold starting. Probably partly why I didn’t want to spend more time in the park.

We had intended having dinner in Disney Springs so headed there about 4pm. We had a wander round the shops and bought a couple of things but it was so hot we were starting to flag. We wanted to be sitting inside in the air con for dinner so browsed MDE for a reservation but nothing took our fancy.
We went back to the resort and considered the To Go window who didn’t seem to be serving again and the pizza window but decided on Trattoria al Forno which we got a walk up for. We then went to Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast the next day and I got a cupcake.

We went back to the room and watched Access Hollywood before falling asleep.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:37 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Doesn't sound too much fun in the searing heat in TSL, wonder why they haven't added more shade since it seems to be the most common complaint about the area.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Doesn't sound too much fun in the searing heat in TSL, wonder why they haven't added more shade since it seems to be the most common complaint about the area.
They may eventually. It certainly didn’t reduce the crowd levels much!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day a great photos

Joan
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day a great photos

Joan
Thanks! I felt like I went a bit mad with Boardwalk photos!

Trip Report Index
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
We found the same with Toy Story Land, no shade and so hot. We did manage to get a shady table for some lunch though.

Hope your cold didn't develop.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
We found the same with Toy Story Land, no shade and so hot. We did manage to get a shady table for some lunch though.

Hope your cold didn't develop.
It wasn’t too bad thanks. It was worse when I got home.

Trip Report Index
Old 11 Oct 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It wasn’t too bad thanks. It was worse when I got home.
Oh no!
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Oh no!
It didn’t last long but didn’t help the jet lag!

Trip Report Index
Old 12 Oct 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The open air shows where there is no seating and no shade always seems a bit silly to me in Florida, I much prefer to sit down while watching the shows and not be burning to a crisp. It doesn't help when the queues for rides have no shade either as you just end up baking even more. Shame you didn't enjoy slinky dog, perhaps you will next time when you're not feeling a bit poorly.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List